If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!
"It was a cold wintry day when I brought my children to live in rural West Virginia. The farmhouse was one hundred years old, there was already snow on the ground, and the heat was sparse-—as was the insulation. The floors weren’t even, either. My then-twelve-year-old son walked in the door and said, “You’ve brought us to this slanted little house to die." Keep reading our story....
- My sister and I were excellent at forging signatures. We were so good that we had people on the bus lining up to get us to forge their parents' signatures--without us even knowing what the signatures ... - Kieran on Just One More
- Oh good, you'll be able to answer a long time question I've had - how do people stay IN the raft. I think there must be a bit of magic going on cause they're not strapped in!... - Jane L on Back to Normal, Mostly
- This was so much fun! Our fifteen minutes of fame. ;-) Thank you for not posting my pic (just my hands). Much appreciated!... - denisestone on Homemade Soft Pretzels
- Heidi, the recipes are very similar I think, although I am not home to look at mine at the moment, but I do remember that mine uses brown sugar instead of white. Don't think that would make much of a... - jokuti on Homemade Soft Pretzels
- You are braver than me, too. :dancingmonster:
Have a great time and be safe! :snoopy:... - yvonnem on Back to Normal, Mostly
- You are way braver than me. My son and I went tubing once in Helen Georgia. That's the roughest water I want to be in.... - jeri starcher on Back to Normal, Mostly
- Just saw a PBS p'gram about New River Gorge S.P. and rafting. Looks like you guys should have one heck of a good time! You all deserve it. (Having the three young adults together will get rarer and r... - bonita on Back to Normal, Mostly
- Heidi, I figure if you just add some salt and baking soda to the boiling water, which sounds like a great tip, you could just use the dough recipe here as well.... - Suzanne McMinn on Homemade Soft Pretzels
- Jokuti, I would love it if you would share that recipe. Perhaps on Farm Bell Recipes? ;)... - Heidi533 on Homemade Soft Pretzels
- I make pretzels at home, and I was surprised at how easy they are. If you put them in boiling water with baking soda (takes the place of the lye) added, you can get the really beautiful brown shiny co... - jokuti on Homemade Soft Pretzels
And she's ornery. Read my barnyard stories!
Entire Contents © Copyright 2004-2013 Chickens in the Road, Inc.
Text and photographs may not be published, broadcast, redistributed or aggregated without express permission. Thank you.