My daughter requested chocolate waffles for her 13th birthday breakfast. I tweaked Alton Brown’s recipe and they were amazing!!! They come out with a slightly crisp outside and soft, tender insides.
Servings: 4-8Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 whole eggs, beaten
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups buttermilk (don’t substitute!!!!)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your waffle iron. I turn on mine before I even start making the waffles,
so that it is piping hot and ready to go after the waffle batter rests.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar,
cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs together
with the oil and vanilla and then add the buttermilk.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry mix and add the wet.
5.Let the batter rest for five minutes.
6. I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to add the batter to the waffler maker.
7. Let them cook for five minutes.
8. Now add butter, syrup, jam, even peanut butter!
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.