This recipe is comfort food at its best. It is super simple to make, but tastes like it’s complicated. It’s the kind of casserole that makes you sigh because it is so good.
Servings: 8Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
1 small can of fried onions
cheddar cheese (I measure by handfuls)
4-6 (depending on size) cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 can 98% fat-free condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup skim milk
1 can low sodium corn
1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
salt to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Liberally grease (I use pan spray) a 9×13 baking dish and spread the hash browns in it. Then add the onions and toss.
3. Spread about two handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the onion/hash brown mix. More if you like!
4. Spread the chicken on top of the cheese and sprinkle with seasoning. I use Cavender’s but Lawry’s, Montreal Chicken, or even just salt and pepper would be fine.
5. Combine soup, milk, corn, and peas then pour that mixture over the top of your 9×13 pan and spread it around. I place the dish on a cookie sheet before putting it in the oven, but I’ve never had it boil over.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from oven. Add another handful of cheese on top and put it back into the oven for 3 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.