Old-fashioned homemade cream soda!
Servings: 11Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
6 inches vanilla bean
4 quarts of water
3 inch cinnamon stick
1 3/4 cup brown sugar greenly packed
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon granulated yeast (also 1/4 cup lukewarm water
1. Place raisins in the brew pot, add the vanilla bean, 2 quarts of water, cinnamon stick and sugar. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in the cream of tartar, blending until dissolved.
3. Cover, then let cool for about 30 minutes.
4. Place 2 quarts of cool water in a 1 gallon glass jug. Add contents from brew pot, straining as you pour.
5. Place the yeast in a teacup with the 1/4 c of lukewarm water and allow to sit a few minutes
6. Verify that the temperature of the jug’s contents is not hotter than lukewarm, then add the yeast water to jug.
7. Bottle-then store in a dark place.
8. Check the carbonation after 48 hours and again after 72 hours. When carbonation is right, refrigerate!
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.