;

Chickens in the Road Forum

A A A

Please consider registering
guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

    

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Jibber Jabber
February 15, 2012
2:24 pm
MaryB
WV
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1783
Member Since:
January 21, 2011
Offline
881

Lajoda said:

MaryB said:

Aww no Laura.  That about covers it.  We have 35 years here..how about you?

 40 years in August. I think it's gonna work out. wink

Awww yes, I think so too.  snuggle

February 17, 2012
9:18 am
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
882

Can anyone tell me how to find an old thread? I really have tried looking everywhere for the household tip thread to no avail? I don't know where else to post a question such as that.

Also, I finally figured out how to post a picture in FBR and someone was kind enough to put it with my recipe ( to whom it may concern , thank you) but I would like to know how to post a picture on one of the threads.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Laura

February 17, 2012
9:56 am
MaryB
WV
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1783
Member Since:
January 21, 2011
Offline
883

Did you use the search box at the top of this page?

I know you need a Photobucket account to post pics.  Do you have one of those? 

http://www.photobucket.com     Once you upload your pics to the photobucket you are set to go!   Then it is easy to post pics.  You just click on the little box that looks like a tree there and copy direct link from the photo to the image url in the little tree. 

Hope I didnt confuse you more.

February 17, 2012
10:18 am
MaryB
WV
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1783
Member Since:
January 21, 2011
Offline
884

Does anyone know about short wave radios?  I went and thought I was buying a police scanner (not all my fault, the guy in Radio Shack didnt know the difference either) and bought a short wave radio!  What do people listen to on them?  I would think if it can pick up China, it should pick up my fire dept,but they say no it wont!  Go figure!  poke

February 17, 2012
11:04 am
Joell
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1949
Member Since:
April 1, 2009
Offline
885

Lajoda said:

Can anyone tell me how to find an old thread? I really have tried looking everywhere for the household tip thread to no avail? I don't know where else to post a question such as that.

Also, I finally figured out how to post a picture in FBR and someone was kind enough to put it with my recipe ( to whom it may concern , thank you) but I would like to know how to post a picture on one of the threads.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Laura

Lajoda, go to the LIVING THE COUNTRY DREAM  forum and go to page 2, you will find the tip thread there.

Chocolate is a perfect substance in an imperfect world.
February 17, 2012
11:04 am
Joell
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1949
Member Since:
April 1, 2009
Offline
886

Lajoda said:

Can anyone tell me how to find an old thread? I really have tried looking everywhere for the household tip thread to no avail? I don't know where else to post a question such as that.

Also, I finally figured out how to post a picture in FBR and someone was kind enough to put it with my recipe ( to whom it may concern , thank you) but I would like to know how to post a picture on one of the threads.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Laura

Lajoda, go to the LIVING THE COUNTRY DREAM  forum and go to page 2, you will find the tip thread there.

Chocolate is a perfect substance in an imperfect world.
February 17, 2012
11:12 am
Joell
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1949
Member Since:
April 1, 2009
Offline
887

Has anyone seen any posts from Ross lately,  when I see he had made a post I always read them-- they are always so informative, he really know what he is talking about, he is a no nonsense kind of Guy— I always learn something from him if only for future uses. I have missed him here of late.

Chocolate is a perfect substance in an imperfect world.
February 17, 2012
11:16 am
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
888

MaryB,

Take it back! My husband listens to his Police scanner every day, then he watches the news to see what the end results were. lol. I can't believe the guy at Radio Shack didn't know the difference. If you buy it there they will program it for you for your area. Long story I won't tell here, but I had to program my DH's, no small feat if you don't know squat about it. I had to read the whole manual. It's his hobby and I didn't want to know near that much about a scanner, but he's been playing dumb for so long now………………………. I just accept it.

He now knows how to turn it on and off, oh and change the batteries. 

Laura

February 17, 2012
11:32 am
BuckeyeGirl
N.E. Ohio
Admin
Forum Posts: 4921
Member Since:
February 10, 2009
Offline
889

Here's the household tip thread.  http://chickensintheroad.com/forum/living-the-country-dream/handy-dandy-household-tips/page-4/#p96761

I went to the 'search' button near the top of the page, then typed in Household Tips, then made sure [] All Forums was checked, and checked [] Match All Words, then [] Topic Titles Only.  I narrowed it down that way because I was sure both words were in the Topic Title.  If you're not sure, you have to play around with the options sometimes, and change the words around at times.

Located in N.E. Ohio
February 17, 2012
11:40 am
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
890

Thank you all,

As many times as I looked at that search button I kept thinking it reffered to the dropdown menues on the right. Duh!

February 17, 2012
11:41 am
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
891

MaryB said:

Does anyone know about short wave radios?  I went and thought I was buying a police scanner (not all my fault, the guy in Radio Shack didnt know the difference either) and bought a short wave radio!  What do people listen to on them?  I would think if it can pick up China, it should pick up my fire dept,but they say no it wont!  Go figure!  poke

Mary,

This should explain it.

Laura

Can you listen to police scanner frequencies on a shortwave radio? – Yahoo! An

February 17, 2012
11:57 am
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
892

MaryB said:

Did you use the search box at the top of this page?

I know you need a Photobucket account to post pics.  Do you have one of those? 

http://www.photobucket.com     Once you upload your pics to the photobucket you are set to go!   Then it is easy to post pics.  You just click on the little box that looks like a tree there and copy direct link from the photo to the image url in the little tree. 

Hope I didnt confuse you more.

Thank you MaryB,

I will try that soon.

Laura

February 17, 2012
12:04 pm
MaryB
WV
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1783
Member Since:
January 21, 2011
Offline
893

Lajoda said:

MaryB,

Take it back! My husband listens to his Police scanner every day, then he watches the news to see what the end results were. lol. I can't believe the guy at Radio Shack didn't know the difference. If you buy it there they will program it for you for your area. Long story I won't tell here, but I had to program my DH's, no small feat if you don't know squat about it. I had to read the whole manual. It's his hobby and I didn't want to know near that much about a scanner, but he's been playing dumb for so long now………………………. I just accept it.

He now knows how to turn it on and off, oh and change the batteries. 

Laura

Laura, I have just went thru this conversation with a friend from Ohio..  I guess I live in the only area that does not know about scanners.  I have tried many times to get them (Radio Shack) to help me program mine and none know how..so I decided to go buy a simplier one, and they do not have any, so last week hubby and I went to another RS and that guy appearently didnt know about them either because he said this was the last he had on the shelf, and me not knowing what I'm doing, bought it to find out it is a short wave!  I guess Oh is more informed in scanners.  I want one working!!!!   Grrrrrrr  shame-on-you

February 17, 2012
12:23 pm
CindyP
Hart, MI
Admin
Forum Posts: 7942
Member Since:
October 17, 2008
Offline
894

Lajoda said:

MaryB said:

Did you use the search box at the top of this page?

I know you need a Photobucket account to post pics.  Do you have one of those? 

http://www.photobucket.com/

“Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.”  ― Alfred Sheinwold
February 17, 2012
12:38 pm
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
895

Mary,

Am I understanding correctly, that you have a scanner and the new short wave? and that not knowing how to program the scanner led you to buy the short wave (mistakingly)

Laura

If that be the case, tell me what you have.

February 17, 2012
1:45 pm
MaryB
WV
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1783
Member Since:
January 21, 2011
Offline
896

Ooo I will read the post about not needing photobucket anymore, thank you for that.  I went to help you, and you helped me, Laura!  :)

 

I went to buy a home scanner, and the guy sold me a short wave.  :(

February 17, 2012
2:10 pm
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
897

Thank you CindyP!

February 17, 2012
2:14 pm
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
December 20, 2011
Offline
898

MaryB said:

Ooo I will read the post about not needing photobucket anymore, thank you for that.  I went to help you, and you helped me, Laura!  :)

 

I went to buy a home scanner, and the guy sold me a short wave.  :(

Okay Mary,

In that case I can't help you. I hope that you just bought the SW radio and can still return it.  It was the clerks fault you bought it. Otherwise could you keep us posted on what Iran and China are up to?

Laura

February 17, 2012
2:18 pm
MaryB
WV
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1783
Member Since:
January 21, 2011
Offline
899

lol , naw, the short wave is going back this weekend.  Hopefully they will have got some police scanners in. 

February 17, 2012
5:50 pm
mamawolf
Colorado Springs
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 609
Member Since:
October 10, 2009
Offline
900

wave Mrs Fuzz where are you?  (Sort of like Car 54!) Haven't seen on in the barnyard for a while.  Just want you to know you are missed!!  Haven't hear any bad news on TV/newspapers from your area-hope everything is OK. 

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you do when no one is watching.
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
27 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2734

Ross: 2425

Joell: 1949

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 8796

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3558

Posts: 65911

Newest Members: priddycy, glasslass, Adelyn, red50, rfleurtyre, briarrose

Moderators: Pete (8497), wvhomecanner (3159), Flatlander (1639)

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn (7368), emiline220 (15), CindyP (7942), BuckeyeGirl (4921)

Sections

  1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Sign up for the Chickens in the Road Newsletter, too!

Daily Farm

IMG_3509






If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact