A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
June 2, 2014
12:59 pm
lindat
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 50
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2881sp_Permalink sp_Print

School is out, then over memorial weekend which was damp and we were inside visiting with guests,I realized this place needs therapy!  So last week I de cluttered, cleaned out, dusted, buffed floors, painted, touched up wallpaper.  This week I am preparing for sister to come out for a visit.... So I am sending home BD gifts.  I have all wrapped, but still need to set down and make cards.

June 26, 2014
9:06 am
mamajoseph
Kenya
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 631
2882sp_Permalink sp_Print

Trying to get back into routine. Took a month vacation to the US to see our new grand-daughter! We had good visits with family and friends and now we're back in Kenya. Fun times there, but real life is here. Back to home-school, back to African life/culture, back to work!

I (sorta) have a farm in Africa.

June 26, 2014
5:35 pm
Ramona Slocum
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 24
2883sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have my granddaughter staying with me this week.  I am teaching her to sew.  This is her third year of the sewing.  She started with a pillowcase, then a draw string bag.  This year she sewed flannel lounge pants, a flannel quilt, and is finishing up a skirt with elastic in the waist.  She is 10.  Next year I think she will try putting in a zipper.  This is for a 4-H project.  She has 23 different projects she has signed up for. It keeps her busy.

MN MONA

June 26, 2014
7:40 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 183
2884sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sadly, today was the funeral for my boyfriend's niece.  She was only 56 years old and died of a heart attack.  A very exhausting and sad day.

June 28, 2014
3:45 pm
reneedarley
Jämtland
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 30

Wow mamajoseph, that must have been some culture shock

June 28, 2014
3:49 pm
reneedarley
Jämtland
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 30
2886sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sadly, today was the funeral for my boyfriend's niece. She was only 56 years old and died of a heart attack. A very exhausting and sad day.

It is so hard when younger people die , best Wishes to you and your family.

June 29, 2014
10:28 pm
lindat
Big Chicken
Members
2887sp_Permalink sp_Print

A Sunday of church, crockpot roqst for dinner then we relaxed!  Relaxed hasnt been in our vocabulary  this month.  I am thinking i have the interior and exterior of the house bqck in shape.  Painting, wallpaper, spring cleaned, and declutterd!  Ready for the garden to be canned, family visits and runioms.  My setting time has ben to continue to English paper piece a flower garden quilt.  I am to th spot i need to decide how to finish, square it up or curvy?  

June 30, 2014
5:08 pm
stacylee
Indiana
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 122
2888sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had a boring day at work and will go home to make dinner, pack the little one up to go camping with grandma and grandpa for the 4th of July, and deliver him to them after dinner. Hopefully I'll take a quiet walk outside before bedtime.

July 3, 2014
12:13 pm
Ramona Slocum
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 24
2889sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am working in my garage. I have a 2 car garage that is attached to my condo.  It is surprising how

quickly it gets messed up.  I try to clean once a year.  I take unwanted items to the thrift store.

Feels good to get it done.  I wait for a day when the temp is reasonable and I feel in the mood to do

it. Usually takes about 3 days.  I don't have any plans for 4th of July.  I am retired, so it is okay to

have another quiet day.sun2Happy 4th everyone.sun

July 5, 2014
9:07 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 748
2890sp_Permalink sp_Print

1) Accounting/bookkeeping, including recording information from 2013 in view of filing delayed 2013 tax returns—blocks of 60-90 minutes

2) two batches quick refrigerator pickles, Farm Bell recipe

3) large batch oven dried plum tomatoes, Martha Stewart (couldn't get my excal apart to fix it, so I ditched it)

4) one batch garlic mojo from Rick Bayless

Of course, that's not just today but the entire weekend and probably Monday, too!

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

July 14, 2014
2:42 pm
Leahld22
Newburgh, IN
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2738
2891sp_Permalink sp_Print

Working a ten hr shift. Then going home and working on the Sampler blanket I'm crocheting. 

Life is too important to be taken too seriously.

July 22, 2014
9:45 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 748
2892sp_Permalink sp_Print

Leah: Fellow hooker here. . . Pattern for Sampler blanket? I'm working on a sampler, too. Actually, I'm combining the ideas behind two CAL afghans to make one of my own. Love to stir the pot some more.

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

August 8, 2014
8:47 am
lindat
Big Chicken
Members
2893sp_Permalink sp_Print

Will be foing back to work next wek.  Have to go into town for groceries and housework.  

August 8, 2014
10:43 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 973
2894sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am trying to finish up a duffel bag aka gym bag for the oldest granddaughter.  It is pink cammo and is quilted.  After ripping out numerous stitching (I think there was probably enough for a spool of thread) I found out that I needed an even feed foot which I am sure didn't exist when my machine was new (it is almost 40 years old).   Found one that is for Janome that fit and works like a dream.  It was more than I really wanted to spend but I may do more quilting projects now.  I just wish I had realized that that was the problem on some previous quilting projects.

December 5, 2014
12:49 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2748
2895sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am finally finishing up my decorating today, usally I have it all finished by Dec. 1, but this year I am behind schedule. I have just the mantel in the family room to fininsh and hang a wreath on the carrige house door.

My neighbor Son and his wife have had a busy year, they have a new baby and just puchased their first home, and they are putting put a live tree and after Christmas I will cut a nice section of the trunk to make a log, drill holes into the "log" to hold candles and give that to them with candles to use for years to come,---rememberance of the first Christmas in thier home.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

December 29, 2014
5:50 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2896sp_Permalink sp_Print

Taking down Christmas decorations, I have been taking down a few each day to make the transition easier, we always leave the tree in the living room up until after New Year's it is nice to have that time to sit and enjoy the tree now that all of the work is done.

Happy New Year Everyone.

December 29, 2014
7:47 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2897sp_Permalink sp_Print

Since this is the first year in 46 years that I haven't done any decorating so I don't have that to deal with.  Today I babysat the 3 granddaughters and sorted through some old family pictures (husband's siblings) to get them into some sort of album for respective sibling.  Not sure exactly what I am going to do.  There are a lot of pictures that are being thrown away due blurriness, and multiplies.

January 1, 2015
8:33 pm
ticka1
Baytown, Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 195
2898sp_Permalink sp_Print

Celebrated the new year with blackeyed peas, cabbage and ham with family!  Have a 4 day weekend so going to do some housecleanng and organizational stuff here in the house!!

Here is to 2015 and making it a great year!

Canning and dehydrating will now become a part of my life.

January 1, 2015
11:28 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2899sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did some laundry and organizing a room.  Picked up supplies so that I don't have to go out for a couple of days since they are forecasting bad weather and now I am sitting here waiting to hear if my truck driving son is on his way or still park along a US highway due to a bad wreck that has had to road closed for about 5 hrs.  Heard from a little while ago and tow trucks had arrived to clear the wreckage.  He said he was 4th semi from the wreck and there were 15+ semi's behind him.  Police were able to detour cars around but semis had to wait it out.

January 4, 2015
1:40 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2900sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been cleaning today, and pitching out "stuff" where does it all come from??

I have not renewed any of my magazines except Country Living. It is a shame to read a magazine and then throw it out, I just carried out a boxful for my neighbor to take to the recyle place. Just going to start cutting back on "stuff".

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
32 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Joelle: 2748

Leahld22: 2738

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 9119

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3493

Newest Members:

ktufinsenda, dunyatkainsenda, Braininsenda, utyczinsenda, mihailoinsenda, diannacx11

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact