A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
October 27, 2015
3:42 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2495
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2941sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Joell, you will have to get in line as Sand Plum Jelly is a family favorite.  We will be having finger foods tonight (lil smokies baked in brown sugar, maple glazed wings, chips and dip and maybe summer sausage and cheese plate).  It's the first game of the World Series.

Now that menu sound delicious, how nice to be at your home this evening. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

October 30, 2015
6:16 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2942sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Last week the red maples were all ablaze with color, just such a deep red and so beautiful.  now there are just big piles of red leaves on the ground, and with the 40 mph wind we had yesterday they are everywhere.       We will have our work cut out for us cleaning them up--again. We had a good bit of rain here as well so the ground is a bit wet but will dry quickly, we just did all of this on Monday but you would never know it now. no

November 2, 2015
10:00 pm
mamajoseph
Kenya
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 631
2943sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi ya'll. Have been absent for a looong time. We moved last year from rural to urban Africa and it was so different and so HOT that I had not been doing much of anything. Truthfully, it was such a hard transition leaving our beloved home in Kenya for a move to more urban Tanzania. A year (more) has passed and we are now back in the USA. For good. Taking an early retirement from our organization. Hubs looking for work, tho. And lots of time catching up with family that we've missed these past 14 years.

Found a great deal on canning jars this weekend at an estate sale! So now I'm looking to replace my canner, etc. and get back into business. Think I'll start with cranberry sauce. Hate paying full price for anything, so I keep looking for a canner at a garage sale or somewhere. May have to break down and pay full retail. Sold all my stuff like this to friends in TZ before we left.

I (sorta) have a farm in Africa.

November 3, 2015
12:04 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 863
2944sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome back to the USA, mamajoseph.  Wonder how you were doing.  Glad to see all is well.

November 24, 2015
6:50 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2945sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Welcome back to the USA, mamajoseph.  Wonder how you were doing.  Glad to see all is well.

How did I miss this comment? Welcome back indeed, so many of us were wondering were you were and what was going on in your life. Hopefully we will hear more from you. I am sure this will be an exciting holiday season for you. About that canner, if you go to a sale and can not find one, ask the person having the sale, often times they have one and just for get that folks are looking for such an item, it has worked several time for me.

Good to have you home.

Jo happy-flower

November 24, 2015
6:55 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2946sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today will be a busy one, making several pie crusts, cutting onions chopping celery, making cranberry sauce, and preparing a ham and glaze with 3 side dishes for my Son to pick up tonight and take back to his home in the city. Tomorrow I will work on our turkey dinner. I love Thanksgiving, it is my favorite holiday so far this year. wink

December 4, 2015
8:40 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2947sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Got up early this morning to try to finish the indoor decorations, I always have the first tree up so we can light it Thanksgiving night, but this year things are different, I can't seem to get going, it seems to be more work than fun, maybe it is age, I hope not. I am going to finish the outside today, not a lot to do, just mainly some greenery, a couple of wreaths and a flood light. I need a little snow, not a lot, just to make everything white and pretty for a little while.

December 4, 2015
9:01 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2948sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hear you Joell.  I, too, am having difficulty getting it together and I really need to as we have our family Christmas the week before Christmas.  We also have 4 birthdays and 2 wedding anniversaries this month.  The tree will be up this weekend when our almost 12 yr old granddaughter is here to help decorate it.  I usually put the tree put Thanksgiving weekend but after having company the week before plus the ice storm all I wanted to do was relax and take a breath.

December 7, 2015
6:42 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2949sp_Permalink sp_Print

Trying to make a short list of cookies that I plan to bake for Christmas. My family is not big on "fancy" Christmas cookie, which is ok by me. I watched the Food net work over the week end and came up with a few really good ideas, the Pioneer Woman program had some really good ideas, so I will probably use some of her recipes for cookies and a couple of candies, she had one that she did using pretzels, caramels and something else that looked good and easy, and not real expensive. I hope to get started next week and get things finished a few days before Christmas. Along with some cookies and candy, I always make a couple of Run Cakes for friends.

December 16, 2015
5:53 pm
mamajoseph
Kenya
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 631
2950sp_Permalink sp_Print

First trip to the mall today since we got back 2 months ago and...it was a success. Things like this can be really overwhelming after living overseas. Took DS12 and we had a great time feeling very holiday-ish, very American (eating mall food...pretzel dogs), and very grateful. He said it will be one of his best memories. Take nothing for granted, friends. Enjoy your days!

I (sorta) have a farm in Africa.

February 22, 2016
1:21 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2951sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

My day always starts about 5 AM, today was no exception. I love getting up early and watching the sunrise, of course these days that isn't until about 7 AM, but it gives me time to do all of the little things I want to do, I always run the sweeper through the downstairs and do a bit of dusting--yes I do this everyday, a carryover from when I had my own business. This morning after I fixed breakfast I fixed 12 pounds of ribs, they are in the oven waiting for my stepson pick them up, I will keep a few for our dinner. I have a couple more loads of laundry and then I will relax the rest of the day. wink

February 22, 2016
4:30 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2952sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am finishing some floral centerpieces a friend ask me to make for a reception in March.  They are done except for adding the trim around the edge.  I also did a load of laundry and dishes that were starting to pile up and swept and mop the kitchen floor.

March 7, 2016
7:40 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2953sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Beautiful weather here today, Hubby and I are going to the city and I am going to Walmart, it has been a long time since I have been shopping (Mamajhk, you know how excited I get about going to Walmart) looking forward to a great trip and having lunch.

March 7, 2016
8:35 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2954sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joell said
happy-flower

Beautiful weather here today, Hubby and I are going to the city and I am going to Walmart, it has been a long time since I have been shopping (Mamajhk, you know how excited I get about going to Walmart) looking forward to a great trip and having lunch.

Have fun.  I have an appointment to get an oil change in my car.  Then home to finish putting stuff back in and on the refrigerator (had to get a new one last week) and cleaning house and doing laundry.

March 7, 2016
1:08 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2955sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said

Joell said
happy-flower

Have fun.  I have an appointment to get an oil change in my car.  Then home to finish putting stuff back in and on the refrigerator (had to get a new one last week) and cleaning house and doing laundry.

happy-flowerBack home once again---successful trip. I now have slippers with the soles intact once again. I looked at purchasing a pair of jeans, they were so skinny, I thought maybe I should just go to the paint department and get a can of spray paint, my regular jeans will have to come back into style soon, they can't get much tighter!

It was a fun trip, I am sure we help boost Walmart stock a bit today, I just was out of a lot of stuff that we dare not buy locally, it is nearly twice as expensive in our little town. Tomorrow, I will we doing laundry and cleaning too. Don't over do!

Jo

March 7, 2016
5:37 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2956sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually didn't get a lot done.  I had a book that I started reading while waiting for the car and came home and have been reading a good part of the day.

March 9, 2016
2:28 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members

happy-flower

The last two days here have been just beautiful, it was 72 degrees yesterday and sunny. I couldn't stand it any longer, I turned on the water and hooked up the hose, scrubbed the porch and moved up some of the furniture from the lower level enclosed porch, hauled up cushions from the basement and filled my little fountain with water and go it going, I am pooped now, but come tomorrow morning, I will be on the porch at the crack of dawn with the coffee pot, my baby and a blanket, I love watching the sun come up and the quiet of the morning, to me the is as good as any vacation. Thank you Mother Nature.

March 23, 2016
12:11 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2958sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerToday I am making chocolate covered candy eggs for Easter. I hope I can stay out of them until I get them delivered. I will bake 2 egg shaped single layer cakes friends, those will be done Saturday morning and delivered that evening.

March 23, 2016
12:56 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2959sp_Permalink sp_Print

I should be cleaning house but instead I am organizing my genealogy files.  I covered some notebooks (free from craigslist sometime back) with wallpaper (purchased for a craft project that didn't happen).  I used 2 different wallpapers to differentiate between my side and hubby's side.  Have several more to do but they will have to wait until after Easter to do. 

Although it it warm here today it is EXTREMELY windy. So today it a good day to stay inside and work.

March 23, 2016
9:27 pm
Miss Judy
West Central MO
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 1497
2960sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been working on my family tree also...today it was mostly on line. I get caught up in that and one thing leads to another and I don't get anything else done!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
34 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2495

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7406

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3488

Newest Members:

Craftymommaa85, Becki_1, JennyCup, Paula_1, Skarmory, Linda_5

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact