A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
March 23, 2016
10:08 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 884
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2961sp_Permalink sp_Print

Miss Judy said
I have been working on my family tree also...today it was mostly on line. I get caught up in that and one thing leads to another and I don't get anything else done!

I totally hear you.  Happens to me all the time.  I happen to have several lines working (both my side and hubby's (well, his is pretty done)).  Sometimes it is hard to keep them straight.

March 25, 2016
4:14 pm
brookdale
Eastern Maine
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 563
2962sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've been working on family tree stuff too. Always finding something new online or on Ancestry.com. I put everything onto my Family Tree Maker program...what do you guys use? I also make a paper copy of documents and put it into my file cabinet. It is getting very full.

Remember, if it rains on your picnic it's also raining on your garden!

March 25, 2016
9:13 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2963sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brookdale, I also use Family Tree Maker and have for years.   I, also, have paper copies of things of things from findagrave.com as well as obituaries and census records as well as  information I have gotten from family.  The notebooks are broken down by families (Poland (grandmother's maiden name)) and then each of the kids in that family and their kids, etc.  I hope I will be able to find what I need a little bit better than having it stuff in a file drawer.  I keep a spiral notebook handy to jot down things I find out (obituaries, more about a certain person).

March 29, 2016
2:42 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2544

happy-flower

The sun was shinny today, and I decided to hose off the porch and start moving the porch furniture up to the porch, I am ready to start enjoying some sunny dry(er) days.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

April 15, 2016
9:41 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2965sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

YARDWORK!!! Yea!!   The ground is fairly dry and the temp is going to be in the 70's today, I can't wait to dig in the dirt! 

April 16, 2016
10:38 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2966sp_Permalink sp_Print

My daughter and her friend and I went to the Tulip Festival in the northern part of the state.  Saw la lot of neat craft stuff and bought some bread and dip mixes.  Then went to roadside market and bought some veggies and a plant.  Did lots of walking and had a ball.

July 3, 2016
2:52 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2967sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today I am doing as little as possible, worked hard yesterday pulling up plants in the flower beds trying to thin them out and doing a lot of trimming, I think we will have an early Fall so I decided to get rid of some things early. It is a pleasant day here so far temps in the mid seventies but rain on the way, just going to sit on the porch and watch the grass grow. Hope you have a pleasant day and a happy and safe 4th of July.

July 16, 2016
1:58 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2968sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Put down 85 bags of mulch this morning--and am pooped out. The weather was so nice this morning, cool in the very low 70's one of the nicer mornings we have had for a while, so shortly after day light, I went to work---nothing more for today!

July 18, 2016
8:33 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2969sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today is the next to last day of a trip that saw us in Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, back through Nevada , Utah and into Colorado.  Today we are going to Royal Gorge and then home tomorrow.  While it has been hot it hasn't been as humid as on the plains of Kansas.  Have seen lots of interesting places and things.  Will be glad to get back home and back into a routine again.

August 1, 2016
6:12 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2970sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today I am going into the city to spend some time with my Mother and Brother, and on the way home I hope to stop at a farm near us for some corn and cucumbers. The weather man says it will be a nice day today and tomorrow and then hot temps to return.

August 1, 2016
9:00 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2971sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our middle granddaughter spent the night and today we are going shopping for school supplies and then to an interactive museum here.  Last week it was her younger sister's turn.  Saturday their older sister and I went to a craft show and worked on a craft project.  Where did summer go?  They go back to school in a couple of weeks.

October 12, 2016
12:14 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2972sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today I am making fudge for my neighbor's birthday, the old fashioned recipe from the back of the Hershey's cocoa can, to me that is real fudge, the kind I made as a teen, right after fire and chocolate was discoveredwink

October 14, 2016
6:31 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2973sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today was spent doing yard work, cutting spraying and reseeding. I am tired--tomorrow no work outside, just playing in the kitchen,

October 18, 2016
2:25 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2974sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

When I got up this morning, I sat and had my coffee and sent an email to a friend, I had decided today would be a do nothing day for me, that was until I went to the basement to get something, I put a few things away and came back upstairs 6 hours later, maybe tomorrow--no Thursday, but I got a lot of cleaning done.

October 18, 2016
10:11 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2975sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hubby had back to back to back Dr.'s appointments today at the VA so that is where most of my day was spent.

October 29, 2016
2:57 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2976sp_Permalink sp_Print

devil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-firedevil-with-fire

BEGGARS NIGHT tonight!  I will be so glad when it is over----and those little candy bars are no longer in the house!!! spinning-devil

November 8, 2016
12:16 am
kerry67
Banty
Chickens
Forum Posts: 3
2977sp_Permalink sp_Print

I recently ate a Hawaiian feast pizza from a pizza place called freshslice pizza.It was tasty and I am trying to make it at home during the weekends when the whole family is free.I already bought the ingredients for making the toppings from the grocery store.

November 14, 2016
4:47 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2978sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Went into the city today and on the way home I stopped at an Adli store get to pick up some milk, yea right, that's like going to the dollar store and spending just a dollar. They have Butterball turkeys for 99 cents a pound and I found a nice small one, along with several other items I did not know I needed. They have  so many nice imported cookies and candies this time of the year as well. I am all set for Thanksgiving, so exciting, it is my favorite holiday.

November 14, 2016
10:21 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2979sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can totally telate to that, Joell.  I spent the day at the VA hospital with hubby.  He had rotor cuff repair surgery today.  He ended spending the night (bad nausea).  I will pick him up tomorrow and then the fun begins.

November 15, 2016
8:26 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2980sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
I can totally telate to that, Joell.  I spent the day at the VA hospital with hubby.  He had rotor cuff repair surgery today.  He ended spending the night (bad nausea).  I will pick him up tomorrow and then the fun begins.  

happy-flowerGood morning Mamajhk, I feel so sorry for him, I am told that rotor cuff surgery is the most painful surgery one cam have done. When I had mine done, I was sent home the same day pretty much in la-la land, but when that block wore off, the pain was unreal. I think more and more surgeons are keep patients over night so they can have their pain managed a bit better. I know he will get the best of care when he returns home.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2544

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7459

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3490

Newest Members:

Wistful Ly, Jocelyn, JaLo, angie in texas, LWord, sherry

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact