A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
November 15, 2016
4:00 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 863
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2981sp_Permalink sp_Print

They/us decided that it would probably be best since the surgery took longer than they anticipated.  They found a lot more damage than what the MRI showed.  Because the surgery lasted longer the recovery took longer and he was nauseated (and still is a little bit) and the meds they gave him was cutting it.  He was feeling a little bit better and was talking a little bit better by the time I left last night.  He was ready to come home this morning.  Now the fun begins.  We know that it will take time and lots of therapy.  I just hopes that he doesn't try to overdo it.

November 15, 2016
6:17 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2496
2982sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
They/us decided that it would probably be best since the surgery took longer than they anticipated.  They found a lot more damage than what the MRI showed.  Because the surgery lasted longer the recovery took longer and he was nauseated (and still is a little bit) and the meds they gave him was cutting it.  He was feeling a little bit better and was talking a little bit better by the time I left last night.  He was ready to come home this morning.  Now the fun begins.  We know that it will take time and lots of therapy.  I just hopes that he doesn't try to overdo it.  

happy-flowerI am glad he is coming home, if he starts to over do just remind him of what he went through and does he want to go through it again. 

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

December 6, 2016
1:45 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2983sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

I had an interesting day. We made a trek to Walmart to restock on items we need before the weather get to the point where we become hermits. As we were headed to the checkouts, there was a man there from a soft drink company stacking racks of 2 litter soda bottles, just as I passed by, the entire rack fell over and bottles went flying everywhere, on of the bottles hit my foot. It was not very comfortable, in fact it really hurt, the soda guy looked at me and said "sorry bout that". I said, not as sorry as I am, it is my foot. I have a nice bruise, not what I had planned on leaving Walmart with. I have a strong dislike for that particular phrase, he could have asked "are you hurt" or "I am so sorry"--but that phrase means nothing to me when someone has made a mistake, I guess it is the difference in time and age.

The good thing is, we are ready for Winter.

January 26, 2017
4:52 pm
stacylee
Indiana
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 119
2984sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today is boring. Just work, home, dinner and I may read a bit before bed. But this weekend I am going to a bacon festival downtown! That should be interesting.

January 27, 2017
9:29 pm
brookdale
Eastern Maine
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 561
2985sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bacon festival? That should be fun!

Re your gardening post...Horseradish should be planted where you want it to be forever, because that's what will happen! When you dig it up the smallest little pieces of root will stay in the ground and come up the next year, and the next, and...forever! (I know from experience!)

Remember, if it rains on your picnic it's also raining on your garden!

January 30, 2017
11:28 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2986sp_Permalink sp_Print

Since today is going to be warm (temps in the 60's) it is bedding laundry day since I can hang everything on the line for a change.  Since I had bought a new bedspread and shams I needed new curtain (go figure) so I will be working on those.  2 panels that are block out panels and then a shorter panel that I am making a valance out of since it was cheaper than trying to match the color.  Also generally putting stuff away and organizing the basement (still).

February 4, 2017
11:59 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2987sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today and probably for the next several days, I am doing as little as possible. Some time in the last 24 hours, Mr Flu has come for a visit, uninvited, but he is here. We have had the flu shots so maybe it won't be as bad as it could be. Thank goodness for food in the freezer so I don't have to worry about cooking for a few days.

February 4, 2017
1:43 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2988sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to hear that Joelle.  Hope he stays away from here.  Granddaughters have had the upper respiratory thing and I have been staying away from them too.

February 12, 2017
1:20 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2989sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today we are getting acquainted with our "new baby". Yesterday late afternoon we adopted a rescue form out Humane Society. We had to say good bye to our sweet little one last month and our lives have seemed so empty. We didnt want a puppy at our age because when you adopt a young one you need to consider where you are in life and you need to think about their future as well. We adopted an 8 year old that had been at the Society for several weeks because he wasn't young and "pretty", a phrase I overheard a visitor say when we were there looking. I thought he was perfect and couldnt wait to hold him, and once I did I knew I would not leave with out him. He was on the thin side, the girl told us he wouldnt eat the food they were feeding him, but that he was is very good health except they had extracted some teeth. Well, the food they were feeding was about the size of marbles and very hard, when we got home, I bathed and groomed him and I gave him a bowl of soft food which he ate very quickly. He is house trained, extremely loving and docile, I am not sure who the lucky one is, he already is loved and seems so content.

When I heard the visitor remark that he was not a "very pretty dog" I really had to hold my temper, all of the dogs we have had over the last 40 years are ones that no one else wanted because they were not "perfect" when in fact each one was truly perfect in every respect. It is only my opinion, but it seems like there is to much based based on looks today instead of what is truly in the heart. I have never seen an animal that I thought was not "pretty". They are all beautiful to me. I guess it is true that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" too bad we can't see beyond the surface. smiley-puppy

February 14, 2017
3:10 pm
leandjean
mossyrock, wa
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 76
2990sp_Permalink sp_Print

Put some pig feet and pig neck bones in the oven to partially roast.  Now I've covered them with water, added green onion tops, carrot and celery and will cook all day at least for some nice pork bone broth!!

happy-flower

February 14, 2017
5:00 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2991sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been working on reworking some black out drapes so that they have grommets in them instead of a casing.  Had an issue with spacing on one of them and had to rework it.  Luckily I had enough material left over from the valance to cover it.  Have a valance out of the same material cutout and ready to make.  

February 28, 2017
10:57 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2992sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

This morning we took out new baby to the Vet to get him checked over--clean bill of health, our Vet said he is perfect and a couple years younger than we had been told, He is the perfect little dog and has brought so much to our lives.smiley-puppy

After the Vet, I am vac pacing some roasts I picked out when I went into the city yesterday. The Giant Eagle store had beautiful roasts on sale, I ended up with 5 roasts for under $20, to me that is an excellent purchase, also picked up some pork chops as well. Some good eats in the future.

February 28, 2017
12:36 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2993sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was up a 4:30 a.m. to get granddaughters up and around and to school before 7:30.  Had to leave by 6:45.(latest was 6:50).  We made it even though one had to curl her hair.  Thanks goodness we have 2 bathrooms.  Then it was back home with a stop at the grocery store so that hubby could leave to go to an app't across town by 9:45 a.m.  I made it, he made it and I took a nap.

Joelle, sounds like you hit got a good deal on the roasts.  One of our stores is having a sale on Pork Sirloin Roast for 99 cents a lb. Bought 2 for less than $10 and had them cut them into chops which I will freeze and vac seal.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
29 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2496

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7407

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3488

Newest Members:

Cee, Craftymommaa85, Becki_1, JennyCup, Paula_1, Skarmory

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact