A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
November 15, 2016
4:00 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 843
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2981sp_Permalink sp_Print

They/us decided that it would probably be best since the surgery took longer than they anticipated.  They found a lot more damage than what the MRI showed.  Because the surgery lasted longer the recovery took longer and he was nauseated (and still is a little bit) and the meds they gave him was cutting it.  He was feeling a little bit better and was talking a little bit better by the time I left last night.  He was ready to come home this morning.  Now the fun begins.  We know that it will take time and lots of therapy.  I just hopes that he doesn't try to overdo it.

November 15, 2016
6:17 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2460
2982sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
They/us decided that it would probably be best since the surgery took longer than they anticipated.  They found a lot more damage than what the MRI showed.  Because the surgery lasted longer the recovery took longer and he was nauseated (and still is a little bit) and the meds they gave him was cutting it.  He was feeling a little bit better and was talking a little bit better by the time I left last night.  He was ready to come home this morning.  Now the fun begins.  We know that it will take time and lots of therapy.  I just hopes that he doesn't try to overdo it.  

happy-flowerI am glad he is coming home, if he starts to over do just remind him of what he went through and does he want to go through it again. 

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

December 6, 2016
1:45 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2460
2983sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

I had an interesting day. We made a trek to Walmart to restock on items we need before the weather get to the point where we become hermits. As we were headed to the checkouts, there was a man there from a soft drink company stacking racks of 2 litter soda bottles, just as I passed by, the entire rack fell over and bottles went flying everywhere, on of the bottles hit my foot. It was not very comfortable, in fact it really hurt, the soda guy looked at me and said "sorry bout that". I said, not as sorry as I am, it is my foot. I have a nice bruise, not what I had planned on leaving Walmart with. I have a strong dislike for that particular phrase, he could have asked "are you hurt" or "I am so sorry"--but that phrase means nothing to me when someone has made a mistake, I guess it is the difference in time and age.

The good thing is, we are ready for Winter.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
27 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2460

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7362

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3489

Newest Members:

Jill, Theresa Bush, Taylor, hokiesmama, Kelsey, Racheal

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact