A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
June 21, 2017
12:37 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2634
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3001sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today I am doing absolutely nothing!! Going to sit on the porch and enjoy this beautiful day!!

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

June 21, 2017
9:32 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 929
3002sp_Permalink sp_Print

Didn't do as much as I had hoped to but still did get something done.  Middle granddaughter has been spending the last several days with us.  Got dishes done.  Watered flowers and tomato plants this morning.

Pickup some lumber (free stuff) (wooden shelving unit and baseboards) from a neighbor for re-purposing purposes later on.  Granddaughter and I pulled the nails from the baseboards this afternoon.  All is stacked and most of it is put away.

Its been a long day so I think I am going to go watch some TV.

July 8, 2017
1:22 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3003sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Cleaning up storm debris today. We started at 6 AM  and just finished up about an hour ago. I hope we never see another storm like the one that came through here yesterday, although it could have been much worse. There are some areas in our county that are not expected to have power until about 5 PM tomorrow. We didn't lose power here but did have a power outage the day before the storm hit that lasted about 6 hours, they first time we have had to use the generator. The debris we had on our property was mainly from the woods behind us, a lot of limbs down and lots of walnuts everywhere, you have to be so careful, they can throw you if you don't see them. As after any bad storm, the sum came out this morning and the birds are singing.

September 8, 2017
6:50 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3004sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today I am cleaning and organizing our pantry, I try to keep it neat and orderly but somehow it doesn't stay that way. I know there are thing I probably wont use so they will be donated to a food pantry. Always fun because I normally find something that I don't know we had, or something that I thought we had but couldn't find.

September 8, 2017
12:41 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
3005sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been doing the same thing this week, Joelle.  In addition I have been putting items into an excel program and hopeful that I can eventually maybe do a grocery list type thing.  Since I also try to buy when things are on sale.   I mark the purchased date on them and if it is something like salad dressing, etc. I mark the date I opened it so that I will know just how long I have had the bottle of salad dressing sitting in the fridge.  Those type of things don't get used as much now that there are just the 2 of us instead of 4 when the kids where home.  I have some stuff that past the best by date but as long as it hasn't several years and it is unopened and in the pantry I try to use it first.  There are things though that if I open them and they smell or taste (particularly, pasta) funky I will get rid of them.

September 12, 2017
3:13 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3006sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Baked the lemon pound cake this morning, peppers read to bake, so we took a couple of baskets down to the orchard and picked apples. Plan to make a pot of apple butter and some applesauce. We have biscuits a couple times of week for breakfast so I am looking forward to the apple butter.

September 15, 2017
1:51 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3007sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today I have spend several hours trying to resolve computer issues. For 14 years I have used AOL through TWC and recently I received a notice from AOL that it would discontinue its present service and the new format would be called AOL Gold----for a monthly fee for each and every computer in the home. They offed a free 30 day trail after discontinuing their present format which I am now into my second week, so disappointing it is like I went back 14 years, it is slow and erratic and I lost most all of my email addresses. I have spent the day looking for alternatives to AOL and think I may have found an answer but not sure, I was so comfortable where I was for so many years.I guess I will keep looking around for a new carrier.no

September 16, 2017
2:59 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3008sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

This morning my Son picked me up early and we went antiquing. So much fun to look at all of the old things, -- sadly I remember when when some of them were new! I found a very large basket that I will use outside during the Holiday season filling it with greenery and setting it on the front porch on the bench,I also found a beautiful iron floor lamp not old but a reproduction that I "had to have" a granite lid for an old flour bin in my kitchen and a pretty old napkin, all in all I did well, I spent only $30. I found the identical iron lamp in one of my country magazines for $149 plus shipping.

September 16, 2017
5:05 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
3009sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joelle, don't you just love it when you find a treasure like that?

September 17, 2017
7:26 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3010sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Joelle, don't you just love it when you find a treasure like that?  

happy-flowerI sure do. The lamp also had a cut out paper shade which I didn't really pay attention to until I turned the lamp on, even through the shade is cream colored on the outside, it shows soft colors when lit. I love going shopping at antique malls and flea markets etc, I don't need anything, but I always seem to find something I "need". wink

September 18, 2017
9:59 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
3011sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love going shopping at antique malls and flea markets etc, I don't need anything, but I always seem to find something I "need". wink

I hear you on that part but now I "need" to part with some of it.  LOL

September 22, 2017
2:32 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3012sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
I love going shopping at antique malls and flea markets etc, I don't need anything, but I always seem to find something I "need". wink

I hear you on that part but now I "need" to part with some of it.  LOL  

We could probably have our own antique sale!

September 22, 2017
2:37 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3013sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today I have spent most of the afternoon trying to cancel and delete AOL. I was on hold for 37 minutes to speak with someone in the cancellation department, got it cancelled in spite of all they offered me to stay with them and just finished uninstall all of it--such a relief. It will take some getting used to after 14 years, but I am so ready to move on.

September 22, 2017
3:15 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
3014sp_Permalink sp_Print

Since 2 granddaughters spent the night last night and had to be at school (20 mins away) by 7:20 a.m.  I was up and around by 5:45 a.m.  Actually I had set 2 different alarms and inadvertently changed the time on the clock so that instead of 5:45 it actually went off and 4:45.  Everyone made it to their schools (older sister had stayed at home so I called and made sure she was up and around) I headed back into town watching the sunrise (it was a beautiful shade of orange) while navigating rush hour traffic and went to the grocery store.  Someone remind me that 7:30 a.m. is way too early to grocery shop because while I am awake and functioning the thinking machine isn't always fully awake yet. LOL.  Came home put groceries away and took a nap.   I am now heading outside to see if I can manufacture a stain that I can live with for the basement stairs.  Hubby has remove the carpet (yea) and we have stair treads that need staining to match the riser (laminate flooring).  Wish me luck.

September 23, 2017
2:39 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3015sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Since 2 granddaughters spent the night last night and had to be at school (20 mins away) by 7:20 a.m.  I was up and around by 5:45 a.m.  Actually I had set 2 different alarms and inadvertently changed the time on the clock so that instead of 5:45 it actually went off and 4:45.  Everyone made it to their schools (older sister had stayed at home so I called and made sure she was up and around) I headed back into town watching the sunrise (it was a beautiful shade of orange) while navigating rush hour traffic and went to the grocery store.  Someone remind me that 7:30 a.m. is way too early to grocery shop because while I am awake and functioning the thinking machine isn't always fully awake yet. LOL.  Came home put groceries away and took a nap.   I am now heading outside to see if I can manufacture a stain that I can live with for the basement stairs.  Hubby has remove the carpet (yea) and we have stair treads that need staining to match the riser (laminate flooring).  Wish me luck.  

happy-flowerGOOD LUCK!! wink

September 23, 2017
8:50 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
3016sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I got the shading right but forgot the ratio I used and I used all of the stain (leftovers) so I will try again later.

We are on a short weekend road trip today and tomorrow.

October 3, 2017
10:14 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
3017sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, it didn't start quite like I had planned.  Had put about 10 lbs of chicken quarters in crockpots , including my electric pressure cooker (has a slow cooker feature) and let them cook all night.  Plan was to remove the chicken, save the broth and so forth.  Well, didn't quite go that way.  First thing I did was spill the first crockpot full of broth not just down the front of the cabinets but inside one of my utensil drawers (had opened it to use as a shelf to hold the pitcher to pour the liquid into).  So now besides clean the dirty dishes left from last night, the crockpots, and the mess from this morning I have to wash all the utensils in that drawer plus mop the floor.  The liquid and the chicken are in the refrigerator and will be dealt with either later today or tomorrow.  

October 7, 2017
3:11 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3018sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Well, it didn't start quite like I had planned.  Had put about 10 lbs of chicken quarters in crockpots , including my electric pressure cooker (has a slow cooker feature) and let them cook all night.  Plan was to remove the chicken, save the broth and so forth.  Well, didn't quite go that way.  First thing I did was spill the first crockpot full of broth not just down the front of the cabinets but inside one of my utensil drawers (had opened it to use as a shelf to hold the pitcher to pour the liquid into).  So now besides clean the dirty dishes left from last night, the crockpots, and the mess from this morning I have to wash all the utensils in that drawer plus mop the floor.  The liquid and the chicken are in the refrigerator and will be dealt with either later today or tomorrow.    

OH NO!! I feel so sorry for you, not the way you want to start the day, that was a big cleaning job.

October 7, 2017
3:14 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3019sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerGot up this morning and decided to start washing curtains and cleaning windows. I got 4 windows clean, curtains washed and ironed and hung back up--only 20 more windows to go, hope to be done by Thanksgiving!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
24 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2634

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7544

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3491

Newest Members:

vmann731, margie, Betty_3, Heather S_1, Whacky Dude, mamamimi

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact