A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
June 29, 2018
9:29 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2734
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3021sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Other than doing a bit of baking this morning, going to relax and try to keep cool. This heat wave is making any work outside impossible, the heat index for our area tomorrow is going to be 103 degrees and near the same for the upcoming week. We did all of our shopping early this week and mowed, but with all of the rain we had this past week and the and humidity the grass is growing so quickly, hopefully we can mow if we have some evenings that are a bit tolerable next week, no trimming, just mowing. This has been a strange weather year so far, so much rain and now this heat, I can truthfully say I won't be sad to see Fall arrive. wink

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

July 14, 2018
5:27 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3022sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

I would really like to work outside to work in the yard but it is much to hot and humid, so my Son picked me up early this morning and took me to Sam's Club. I was like a kid in a candy store, I normally  go twice a year to stock up on a lot of household items. We had 2 carts full. I can save a good deal on laundry products and other cleaning items. Before we checked out we picked up one of those beautiful rotisserie chickens they make, I really like them. On the way home we stopped at a farm market and I purchased some corn and a cantaloupe. Since it was a bit early for dinner, I put the chicken into a crock pot with a liner for easy cleanup and set it on low. I left it in the cooker for about 4 hours. We had the chicken, corn and melon for dinner. Easy dinner and easy cleanup.

July 19, 2018
6:44 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 963
3023sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joelle, I like those kind of dinners.  Since we have been on the road for most of the day, dinner was whatever you could find in the fridge.  Looks like I will be heading to the store tomorrow.

August 12, 2018
11:38 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
3024sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Can't get the "Whats for Dinner" button to work, so I will post here. Tonight I am fixing cube steak in gravy and mushrooms, mashed potatoes. and fried green tomatoes. 

August 13, 2018
11:48 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 963
3025sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well. day didn't start quite like I had planned.  Started out with not being able to turn my computer on (usually leave it on and the battery died).  Tried various outlets nothing.  So a trip to Wal Mart was in order to purchase a new power cord.  Viola, my computer is back on.  

I had planned on doing laundry and working on some files downstairs.  Maybe that will still happen

November 9, 2018
9:08 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members

Today I aam going to the basement to pull out the Christmas decorations, I am going to put up the living room tree this weekend. It seems like folks are decorating early this year, I think it is because we are looking for things that bring us peace and joy and happy thoughts in light of all the unhappy news we see and read all about us. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2734

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7897

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3492

Newest Members:

adelaida59f572, andrejgalai, AstridKep, JessicaT, mgwolson, Qsltzupg

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact