A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's the Weather in Your Area?
January 1, 2016
3:00 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2634
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2121sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said

Joell said

mamajhk said
We had rain for most of yesterday with temps above freezing.  Today the temps are below freezing with wind and had some freezing rain earlier.  Suppose to get some snow tonight into tomorrow.  Glad we don't have to go anywhere for the next day or two.

Hi Mary, I wish we had a bit of your snow, two days ago we had 1 1/2 inches of rain, and a good bit of wind, thank goodness there were no leaves on the trees, the ground is so saturated and muddy. We finally had some freezing temps last night, enough I could walk in the back yard and pick up small branches from the yard. I hope you are able to get out and about. I am sending you a PM about the quilt, if you don't receive it. please let me know.

Jo

I got the PM and have answered it.  The weather here is sunny but temps are still below freezing.  The sun is helping to melt what little snow we got and the rest of the ice.  The roads are clear and in good shape.  I have been out and about some last week.  Today is clean and put away day.

I went out a couple days after Christmas and took down the outside decorations, which mostly consists if greenery and bows and a couple of spot lights, I don't do the strings of lights anymore, I leave that to the neighbors. Everything was wet  and has to dry out and then I can pack it away. I have most of the indoor decor down except the mantles, I really, they will be cleaned off tomorrow. Every thing looks so blah for a while after the holidays, I love the decorations so much. Ours are very country.  Next year. wink

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

January 3, 2016
3:57 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cold and gray here today. The weatherman tells us that we will have snow tomorrow morning making driving not so good, I hope not I love the snow but not ice. Roads be treated starting around midnight tonight. I have a busy day planned tomorrow, but if it is that bad, I will wait until Tuesday. happy-flower

January 4, 2016
9:34 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 929
2123sp_Permalink sp_Print

Take it easy, Joell.  I hate driving on snowy/icy roads, too.  The weather here is cold (in the 20's) but with sun shining brightly.  It is forecasted to get into the 40's later today.

January 4, 2016
2:12 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2124sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Take it easy, Joell.  I hate driving on snowy/icy roads, too.  The weather here is cold (in the 20's) but with sun shining brightly.  It is forecasted to get into the 40's later today.

I woke up this morning and ran to the window, and guess what?  No Snow!! So disappointed! Oh well, I got my running around done, I did see a flurry or two on the way home, It is going to be in the teens here tomorrow morning and warmer later in the week. Such strange weather, I should not complain, I feel so badly for those poor folks that have been affected bu the bad flooding, my heart and prayers go out to them.

January 8, 2016
12:39 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2125sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today we are getting rain----again as well as rain for tomorrow, and then Sunday, SNOW. We will see, if we do get snow, it should last for a while because all of next week the temps will be below freezing.

happy-flower

January 10, 2016
10:29 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2126sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Well, we finally got SNOW boy are we getting it. It is beautiful, but the heavy winds, not so much. The phone rang this morning and my Son said "I hope you are happy now"----I am . This is the first snow fall that we have had other than a few flurries that didn't amount to anything, the ground is now white an the snow is blowing. The wind can stop any time now.

January 10, 2016
2:06 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2127sp_Permalink sp_Print

We didn't get any of the snow much to hubby dismay (he loves snow).  We do, however, have temperatures in the teens or low 20's.  Good day to stay inside but alas we have to go out later today.

January 11, 2016
6:36 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2128sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Very cold here 9 degrees, wind chill is -5 more snow on the way. Winter is here.

January 12, 2016
6:33 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2129sp_Permalink sp_Print

We received another round of snow last night, about 2 inches. The temp is 28 and snow is falling. I dont think we are going to do snow removal, it is going to turn a bit windy and that means drifting. The temps will be in the high 40's in a couple of days, and we don't need to go out, so no shoveling today.

happy-flower

January 12, 2016
5:19 pm
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 458
2130sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are enjoying my kind of winter weather in the Houston TX area. It is 65 and sunny. Tomorrow will be even warmer. We plan to take the canoe out. Or bicycle. Or whatever we do, it will be out of doors!

You can have my share of cold and snow, Joell. I don't mind sharing... sun

January 13, 2016
1:39 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2131sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower
It was only 2 degrees here this morning with a chill factor of -17. It will start to warm up in the next couple of days. The snow has been very pretty and was our first of the season. I like the change of seasons, but I don't care of the bitter cold, but there again it will change in a couple of days.

January 13, 2016
11:44 pm
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members

Oh, Joell, I am sorry about the cold weather you are ?enjoying?  Come visit us. We were out paddling our canoe on the creek that runs thru Sugar Land. It was 70 degrees, blue sky, barely a slight breeze. Perfect winter weather. 

January 14, 2016
7:35 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Squeegees Mom said

Oh, Joell, I am sorry about the cold weather you are ?enjoying?  Come visit us. We were out paddling our canoe on the creek that runs thru Sugar Land. It was 70 degrees, blue sky, barely a slight breeze. Perfect winter weather. 

Thank you for invitation, it sound lovely. We should warm up a bit in the next day and melting will begin. I have checked the extended weather for our area for the n month or so, it appears to be an ongoing things. I could use the time to do things inside, but it seems like the days pass quickly and I just don't have a lot on energy. happy-flower

January 14, 2016
10:52 am
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
2134sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok, but if you ever need a respite from the winter weather...invitation stands.

January 15, 2016
7:13 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2135sp_Permalink sp_Print

Squeegees Mom said

Ok, but if you ever need a respite from the winter weather...invitation stands.

Thank you so much, that is so kind of you, I would love visiting Texas again.

January 17, 2016
11:09 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2136sp_Permalink sp_Print

Snowing here and getting colder, accumulation about 1 inch or so, The temps are going to be in the single digits in the morning with wind chills about -15 below. I had planned to go out and pick up a few items, but that can wait for a few days. To cold for me!!happy-flower

February 2, 2016
4:36 pm
TimeTicker
Hatchling
Chickens
Forum Posts: 1
2137sp_Permalink sp_Print

High of 73 this morning but down to 59 by 9 pm. Just gotta love this Texas weather. Yee Hawww

sun

February 8, 2016
9:30 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members

happy-flower

We have a winter weather advisory for our area, this morning at 5:30 am it was raining, but has now turned to snow, we are expecting up to 3 inches in the next couple of days. The snow that is falling now is just beautiful, coming straight down, no wind blowing and fairly dense, things are turning white very quickly. Mother Nature is putting on her makeup.

It has been snowing now for a couple of hours, and everything is just beautiful, the trees and shrubs  are all white as the snow is sticking to them, where was this during the holidays? Oh well, I can enjoy it just as much today.

February 8, 2016
4:46 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2139sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are having WIND here in Kansas today. Otherwise it is a sunny day here.

February 18, 2016
11:02 am
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
2140sp_Permalink sp_Print

It has been great here! We have been out paddling our canoe and soaking up our Vitamin D. It has been warm enough, long enough, that yesterday we saw our first alligator of the year!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
23 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2634

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7551

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3491

Newest Members:

Connie_3, debi_1, Lynda_1, maeser, Kimmy, jan_1

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact