A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's the Weather in Your Area?
July 24, 2016
5:00 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2544
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2181sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Joell, that about sums it up for here also.  I want to go back to the mountains where I was last week.  It was hot there but it was a dry heat.

I could go for a dry heat too. It was unbearable here today 98 degrees with the temp feel 108. I hope this will end soon, it is difficult to breathe for me when I go outside. When I lived it Texas we had very hot days but like you said, it was a dry heat and much easier to cope with.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

July 31, 2016
1:14 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2182sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

I woke up sometime during the night and heard pounding rain on the roof, we checked our rain gauge and it showed 2  1/2  inches of much need rain. The ground in the gardens has cracked open and there is no way to water enough and our water is expensive so we use it only when necessary outside. We are thankful for the rain we received and would not mind a bit more in the next couple of days. The corn in the field looked happy this morning.

August 1, 2016
9:03 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 884
2183sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is sunny this morning and it is supposed to be hot again today.  We, too, need some rain but not with wind like we had last week.

August 8, 2016
9:38 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2184sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Yesterday was a beautiful day and today is supposed to be the same, then changing tomorrow, storms and thunderstorms and very high temps the rest of the week, we are in a drought so the rain will be welcome, storms, not so much. I am making food for sandwiches, and we have tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers from the garden that we can have for meals--just in case. I am so looking forward to fall, this has not been a pleasant one, so hot and dry.

August 8, 2016
10:39 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2185sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is dreary looking this morning.  We had thunderstorm in the wee hours.  I think we had between 1-2 inches in a short amount of time.  2nd morning in a row that we have had storms.  When/if the sun starts to shine it will become hot and humid.  I think I will work in the basement today.

August 12, 2016
9:50 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2186sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
It is dreary looking this morning.  We had thunderstorm in the wee hours.  I think we had between 1-2 inches in a short amount of time.  2nd morning in a row that we have had storms.  When/if the sun starts to shine it will become hot and humid.  I think I will work in the basement today.

happy-flowerHi mamajhk, we would love some of that rain, it is so terribly dry and hot here, we have rain in the forecast every day this week, but nothing here. It was so hot and humid yesterday, the temp has about 94 but the "feel like" temp was 105.  There is rain forecast this afternoon, we are hoping.

August 12, 2016
11:26 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2187sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hubby told me that other day that we are 15" ahead on rain this year.   While it is nice to be in the plus column it does make us have to mow the yard a little more than normal.  But on the up side we haven't had to do a lot of watering.

At least we aren't having the flooding issue that Louisiana is.

August 14, 2016
3:12 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members

happy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flower

RAIN, RAIN. AND MORE Rain!

What a beautiful sight and sound, we were nearly 3 below where we should be, everything was so very dry. We have had a bit over 1/2 inch so far and till raining a bit and will continue  the remainder of the  day, nice and cloudy so no sun to dry it up. Very happy.

August 14, 2016
4:29 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2189sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to see you got some rain, Joelle.  It is clouding up and hubby says there are some showers trying to form just west of us.  It is cool (for August) today.  Temperatures are in the 80's just a nice change from the 90's and 100's we have had the last couple of weeks.

August 15, 2016
8:32 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2190sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Glad to see you got some rain, Joelle.  It is clouding up and hubby says there are some showers trying to form just west of us.  It is cool (for August) today.  Temperatures are in the 80's just a nice change from the 90's and 100's we have had the last couple of weeks.

happy-flowerI am headed for the basement in a few moments--bad storms on the way wind, rain and lots of thunder and lighting --see you later!wink

September 1, 2016
10:44 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2191sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flower

What a beautiful morning!! A brisk breeze and 65 degrees outside, makes me want to run, jump and play---if only I could!!wink Tomorrow the morning temps will be in the 50's I will be on the porch with my coffee pot enjoying every moment--Fall is on the way!!

September 3, 2016
4:18 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2192sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

A picture perfect day here, a bit of a breeze and a high in the middle 70s and the first football game of the season. This morning I couldnt wait to sit on the porch and watch the sun rise, it was a bit chilly, only 56 degrees and the sun doesnt come up until about 7 am but it was perfect! Going to enjoy every minute of this beautiful weather.

September 11, 2016
11:59 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2193sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

A beautiful morning after a bumpy night, wind thunder and rain, this morning was 51 degrees, no humidity to speak of, a welcome relief after the awful hot and humid weather we have had of late, it should be much nicer now for a good while---so says the weatherman.wink

September 11, 2016
12:16 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2194sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is a sunshiny day here in the south central Kansas which will help to dry out those soggy areas from the rain (part of the state received as much as 13 inches this week)we had a couple of days last week.   The temperatures are also a bit cooler than earlier in the week.  

While we are not flooded here there is a creek about 1/2 mile from us that is flooded and there is water standing in the fields along both sides of the road.  It has been a long time since I have seen that much water there.

It doesn't help that some of the places that are flooded this week were also flooded about 3 weeks ago.

September 19, 2016
2:13 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2195sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

We had rain last night that was unbelievable, 3 1/2 inches in less than 45 minutes, it was like nothing I had ever seen, luckily we sit high, there were ans still is flood warning for our county.

September 26, 2016
12:11 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2196sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Cool, cloudy and rain, I love a day like this, I love to be in the kitchen doing little things and thinking how blessed I have been these many years. Tonight will be in the 40's, such a nice change from the hot humid weather we have had off and on this Summer.

September 27, 2016
3:38 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2197sp_Permalink sp_Print

It has definitely been a cooler day here.  The sun is shining and the wind is calm.  All in all it is a beautiful day in Kansas.

October 9, 2016
8:44 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2198sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Cool--no cold this morning, only 40 degrees and a bit breezy. I am moving my tender plants into the house today, mainly the pineapple and sweet potato plants as we are expecting a possible frost tonight.

Good weather for a pot of chili.

October 17, 2016
1:28 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2199sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

The weatherman says today will be a record breaking day for us, about 84-84 degrees, less than a week ago we had frost??????

October 17, 2016
4:54 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2200sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't know what the temperatures are outside right now but I do know that it is warm and windy.  Just right for drying laundry on the line (which is happening).  Seems like a spring day rather than a fall day here is Kansas.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
21 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2544

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7459

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3490

Newest Members:

Wistful Ly, Jocelyn, JaLo, angie in texas, LWord, sherry

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact