A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's the Weather in Your Area?
November 7, 2016
5:15 am
kerry67
Banty
Chickens
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2201sp_Permalink
Awaiting Moderation

November 11, 2016
3:02 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2475
2202sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

This morning started out nice and sunny then the wind began to pick up and it became overcast and cloudy, and now then rain is coming in.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

November 11, 2016
4:32 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 850
2203sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is sunny here with a breeze.  They are forecasting a frost advisory for here tonight.  It will be the first one of the fall season.  My scrawny little tomato plant still has a couple of small green tomatoes on it.  It is hard to believe that we are still having temps in the 50's and 60's this close to Thanksgiving.  

November 19, 2016
6:51 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2204sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

The weather has taken a dramatic change here, yesterday it was sunny and 72 degrees, this morning the temp has dropped down into the 30's with pouring rain and very windy, we may have some snow flurries a bit later today, what a change. Yesterday folks were outside putting up Christmas lights wearing their shorts, today we will need our heavy coats.

November 19, 2016
12:45 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2205sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday, It was windy which made it feel colder than it was. Today, the wind isn't blowing and i therefore feels warmer.  The temps dipped to below freezing last night.  

December 3, 2016
2:36 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2206sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Cold--and getting colder. I was outside blowing leaves out of the fenced yard to Hubby could chop them up with his tractor, I hope this is the last time!! The weather is getting ready to turn much colder weather man says"coldest air of the season" what ever that means. I did see a few white flakes when I was outside. It is so gray outside it looks like a snow sky, just flurries but cold and damp. Yea Winterwink

December 3, 2016
7:11 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2207sp_Permalink sp_Print

It has been cool (in the 40's -50's),  cloudy, misty weather here all day.  Supposed to get colder next week.

December 4, 2016
8:21 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2208sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerIt is turning  much colder here, we are expecting rain/flurries later today and some snow later this week, weatherman didnt say how much or how little.

December 8, 2016
11:30 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2209sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower 

COLD--VERY COLD  and  very windy!!   It had started spitting snow, no accumulation is expected today but a bit is expected later this week/weekend. The temp is 23 but the wind chill is 12. Got the snow shovels ready to go.

December 8, 2016
4:50 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2210sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is cold here also.  We haven't had any snow here at the house yet but parts of the state (mainly northwest nearer to the Rockies) got some.  The sun is shining but still cold out.  I have to go out tomorrow.  I have to eat lunch with the 2 youngest granddaughters at school tomorrow.  One's birthday is today and the other is tomorrow.  Of course, they didn't forget that that is a tradition with us.  After next year I will only have one left in middle school.  I have done it every year with each of them until they go into 7th grade.

February 19, 2017
2:05 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2211sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flower

Lots of sunshine today as was yesterday, temps in the mid 60's. Yesterday I cleaned up the small yard, picked up all of the small branches and twigs and used the hand mower with the bagger to clean up the leaves etc, like using the vacuum cleaner on the lawn. This morning I hosed off the back porch and put out a small glider with cushions and plan to sit out for a while and enjoy the warmer temps for the rest of this week. Love this warmer weather, flowers are starting to poke their little heads up through the earth. I am so anxious to start yard work, going to tear out 2 large flower beds and put them back into grass,  just getting to be to much work.

February 19, 2017
10:13 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2212sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was foggy here this morning and cloudy all day but warmer.  It was 64 degrees when I came home about 7:30 p.m. tonight.  There are thunderstorms brewing southwest of here and we will likely have some much needed rain before morning.

February 24, 2017
8:50 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2213sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

The weather here is crazy, today it is going to reach 75 degrees and tomorrow be are supposed to get SNOW !surprised

February 24, 2017
3:11 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2214sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joelle, are you sure you don't live in Kansas?  Our temperatures yesterday was in the 70's.  Had the windows open all day and hung some laundry on the line.  Worked outside some cleaning out a couple of flower beds (didn't get done on one but it is started).  Last night a cold front came through and dropped the temperatures about 40 degrees with wind.  Today has been cloudy all day and windy.  Although we haven't had snow here some places in NW Kansas have had some.  THink I will go downstairs and sew.

February 24, 2017
4:15 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2215sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Joelle, are you sure you don't live in Kansas?  Our temperatures yesterday was in the 70's.  Had the windows open all day and hung some laundry on the line.  Worked outside some cleaning out a couple of flower beds (didn't get done on one but it is started).  Last night a cold front came through and dropped the temperatures about 40 degrees with wind.  Today has been cloudy all day and windy.  Although we haven't had snow here some places in NW Kansas have had some.  THink I will go downstairs and sew.  

happy-flowerIsn't this weather something? It is 75 outside right now, I did the same as you yesterday, cleaned like crazy, had the windows open, washed blankets etc. I can't believe they are call for snow flurries tomorrow. I don't ever remember weather like this in February. Makes me wonder about the weather later this year,

February 24, 2017
11:27 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2216sp_Permalink sp_Print

There is a saying here that goes something like this "If you don't like the weather now wait 5 minutes and it will change" and it is so true.  We ended up with some sunshine late today.  It is supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2475

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7395

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3490

Newest Members:

Stacy B from Harmony, Rain_1, fowlplayfun, Trudy_2, sonia_1, pattijeand

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact