A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's the Weather in Your Area?
March 27, 2017
6:42 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2532
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2221sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a night we had! Tornado sirens blaring and so much rain--2 inches. We spent the night in the basement, I don't like this time of year at all.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

March 27, 2017
11:46 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 880
2222sp_Permalink sp_Print

We, too, had storm warning last night and rain.  It is cold (compared to yesterday) this morning (last time I looked it was in the 40's) and cloudy.  A dreary day.

April 5, 2017
8:10 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2223sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

This morning is sunny any 41 degrees, the weatherman says it will reach 70 degrees and then by evening severe storms are due to arrive---then the temps drop and snow will arrive--bug-eyed

May 1, 2017
3:11 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2224sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

RAIN, RAIN, AND MORE RAIN!!!

We have had nearly 3 inches of rain in the last 2 days!

May 1, 2017
8:23 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2225sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, Joelle, you got what we had over the weekend.  Although, out in western Kansas they got SNOW and WIND.  Up to 26 inches and 8-10 ft drifts in some places.  Lots of people without power.  Today has been sunshiny and a little warmer than over the weekend.  Warmer tomorrow and then more rain.  Hubby plans to mow the backyard tomorrow before we have to use a machette to wack our way to the shed.

May 2, 2017
11:10 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2226sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Well, Joelle, you got what we had over the weekend.  Although, out in western Kansas they got SNOW and WIND.  Up to 26 inches and 8-10 ft drifts in some places.  Lots of people without power.  Today has been sunshiny and a little warmer than over the weekend.  Warmer tomorrow and then more rain.  Hubby plans to mow the backyard tomorrow before we have to use a machette to wack our way to the shed.  

Hello mamajhk--I have been wondering about you. We have been watching the weather channel and have seen some photos of the weather in Kansas. Our Son is moving to Texas, so we have been paying attention to weather there as well. I have never seen such destructive weather like that has been happening of late. We have has an awful lot of rain and high winds the last several days. Last week we had 8 trees removed, and am so happy there are gone because every time we had any sort of wind, we had so many branches down, lots of tree issues around our area. I am glad you and your family are safe.

May 2, 2017
6:17 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2227sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, it has been sunshiny here today.  We expect to have another round of rain tonight.  We seem to be in the middle of the weather here.  Snow melting in the west and floods in the southeast part of the state.  

The weather has been strange for this time of year.  I can't believe that Thurs. it will be 10 years since the town of Greensburg, Ks was hit with a devastating tornado.  We have been there several times since and they are making a comeback but it is slow.   It will take a long time for the trees to grow back as big as they were before.

Where in Texas is your son moving?

May 18, 2017
1:35 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2228sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Well, it has been sunshiny here today.  We expect to have another round of rain tonight.  We seem to be in the middle of the weather here.  Snow melting in the west and floods in the southeast part of the state.  

The weather has been strange for this time of year.  I can't believe that Thurs. it will be 10 years since the town of Greensburg, Ks was hit with a devastating tornado.  We have been there several times since and they are making a comeback but it is slow.   It will take a long time for the trees to grow back as big as they were before.

Where in Texas is your son moving?  

Hello Mamajhk,

He and his family to and area outside of Houston, he is the manager of a large company there,

We have been watching the weather in you area, it doesn't look good, please be safe and let us know what is transpiring where you are located.

May 18, 2017
4:27 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2229sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are under a tornado watch until 11 p.m.  Currently it is overcast and breezy.  They are forecasting severe storms starting in about an hour including the possibly of tornadoes.  Hubby is in charge of keep an eye on the weather and he does a really good job.  I have a friend who is freaking out because of this.  When you have lived in Kansas all your life like we have it is just another spring day.  Severe weather and ripening wheat crops seem to go hand in hand.  

I will keep you all posted.  This is round 2 this week.  We had an outbreak Tues. night northwest of here.  Small town got hit pretty hard and several rural farms got hit.  

May 18, 2017
9:06 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2230sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, round 1 had gone through and we just got some wind and rain.  Other parts of the state did have tornadoes.  Waiting on round 2 to come through in an hour or so. 

May 19, 2017
9:04 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2231sp_Permalink sp_Print

Round 2 went through around 9 last night and was just a normal Kansas thunderstorm, rain and a light show and nothing more.

This morning it is still cool and cloudy at 8 a.m.  They are saying that we could have another round of thunderstorms this afternoon/evening but it will be mostly to the east of us. 

May 19, 2017
9:08 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2232sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Good morning mamajhk, I am so happy to hear all is well with you and your family.

Hopefully the worst has pasted.

May 20, 2017
3:14 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2233sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Last evening we had quite a storm here, hard rain, nearly 2 inches, hail, 50 MPH winds and thunder that shook the house, lots of flash floods in parts of the county and surrounding area. Weather folks say we can expect the same later this evening. The winds were very scary, the kinds that were swirly. It was so dark, at 4 o'clock it looked more like 8:30,I don't like this sort of weather at all!no

May 20, 2017
6:26 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2234sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hear you, Joelle, I don't like that kind of weather either.  Today has been mostly sunny although a wee bit chilly for the end of May.  62 degrees with wind (just normal Kansas wind not high)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
28 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2532

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7449

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3490

Newest Members:

TSE, DawnS, Sakkara, EllieAnn, Muffie, Karen11

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact