A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's the Weather in Your Area?
July 7, 2017
3:22 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2564
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2241sp_Permalink sp_Print

BAD WEATHER!!

We just came up from the basement, winds up to 65 MPH  1.5 inches of rain and hail. Extremely scary and not finished yet. Tree damage to some of our neighbors, we have small limb etc. down but thankfully nothing too bad, we were lucky. It is probably headed for W VA. This is some of the worst weather I have seen here in 25 years.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

July 10, 2017
5:53 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2242sp_Permalink sp_Print

Another round!!

We had more very bad weather here today, extremely heavy rain, 2 inches in about 30 minutes and wind gusts in some areas up to 80 MPH. Several lightening strikes close by, we spent a few hours in the basement. I am sure there is flooding in some areas, and probably power outages and damage, it will probably we on the news this evening, the weatherman say we could expect more of the same tomorrow---I hope not.

July 13, 2017
11:34 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members

More very heavy rain. Seems like it will never stop. There is already flooding in some areas of the county, I have to say I am looking forward to Fall. I guess it could be worse, this could be snowwink

Weatherman says 3-5 inches will fall, we have 2.5 inches so far in the last 3 hours.

July 13, 2017
4:18 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 893

I thought about you last night when hubby pulled up the radar for northern Indiana (where he has relatives) I saw the line that was headed your way.

It is hot here today (temps in the 100's) but that is typically for Kansas in July.  Hate to see what August brings.

July 13, 2017
5:03 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2245sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
I thought about you last night when hubby pulled up the radar for northern Indiana (where he has relatives) I saw the line that was headed your way.

It is hot here today (temps in the 100's) but that is typically for Kansas in July.  Hate to see what August brings.  

We got a tad under 5 inches of rain. Lots of flooding and roads closed, but thankfully we are alright. I have never seen our sump pump run like a fire house for so many hours, we keep a spare just in case and I just ordered a new water alarm.

July 14, 2017
11:44 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2246sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to hear you are doing okay.  We had about 1/2 inch of rain last night.  Just enough that we don't have to water the yard today.  

July 14, 2017
1:01 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2247sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Glad to hear you are doing okay.  We had about 1/2 inch of rain last night.  Just enough that we don't have to water the yard today.

We received an automated call last night about 8 oclock that there was an evacuation underway for folks that live 2 miles from us and several other areas. There was a trace of rain last night and a few showers may hit today. I went into the salon in the village and the gal that does my hair was telling me that there sump pump went out and their basement flooded, I felt so sorry for her.

July 15, 2017
10:10 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2248sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joelle said

mamajhk said

We received an automated call last night about 8 oclock that there was an evacuation underway for folks that live 2 miles from us and several other areas. There was a trace of rain last night and a few showers may hit today. I went into the salon in the village and the gal that does my hair was telling me that there sump pump went out and their basement flooded, I felt so sorry for her.  

Tried to go to our favorite big store (you know which one I mean) to restock some items, but came back home due to of some of the roads were still being covered with a bit of water and debris, no sense in taking a chance of a flat tire etc.

July 15, 2017
10:25 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2249sp_Permalink sp_Print

We had fairly decent weather today.  Temps got into the 80's with a breeze so it was good.  Forcast  called for no rain, well, guess what we had a nice shower late this afternoon.  

I know what you mean about detours.  We had that 2 yrs ago when we went to Indiana. Hoping we don't have that this time.

July 22, 2017
11:48 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2250sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

More storms and flooding, it seems like there is no end. So many people's homes have had some major flooding damage, homes that were in areas that had never been water issues before. Yesterday we had over an inch and a half of rain and some powerful winds, this morning it started about 4:30, lots of rain about 3/4 of an inch. Heavy winds in some counties with damage. Usually this time of year we are hoping for some rain, now we are hoping it will just stop.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2564

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7476

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3490

Newest Members:

luvnlife, sandi_1, Heather Bradley, Dee_1, quincy, Mgriffin

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact