A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's the Weather in Your Area?
August 29, 2017
8:45 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2634
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

happy-flower

mamajhk said
Glad to hear that he is okay.  Have you had contact with Squeeze's Mom?  We have had contact with most of the family in the area and all is well.  The cousin was without electricity for about 24 hrs. and had 5 inches of rain in a 24 hr period and some limbs down.  They were on the south side of the hurricane.  

Good morning Mamajhk,  Happy to hear your family in Texas is alright, such a horrible disaster. The development where our Son's home is has retention lakes, not just ponds like we have but actual lakes, he said the water was to the top but not yet overflowing. the next few days will be touch and go. Our Son lives in Friendswood, they have received 40.46 inches of rain so far.

I did send an email to Squeeze's Mom, but I don't know if it is a correct email address. I do remember that the last time there was substantial flooding in Huston that the water did not reach her home at that time due to some sort of barrier or levy that was near her, but I would imagine this time that may not be the case. I hope if and when she may read our post that she will let us know.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

August 29, 2017
10:41 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 929
2262sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well give them in my thoughts.  It is rather cool here this morning.  When I was up earlier it was 58 degrees but I am sure it is warmer now.

August 30, 2017
8:53 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members

happy-flower

Good news, I received an email from our CITR friend Squeege's Mom and she and her Hubby are safe and dry as well as their home , but the threat of flooding is not quite over for them, there are levees and a dam that may breech at any time, folks a few streets over from them have 2-4 feet of water in their homes. They were able to make it out to a grocery store only to finds the shelves mostly bare. I  hope that everything holds in place and they remain safe and dry. She has been unable to log in to CITR to post, (I had problems this morning trying to log in as well. )  I was so happy to learn she is alright and hopefully that will continue.

Our Son called last night, there has been over 53 inches of rain where he is so far, he told us of the amount of rain that has fallen there could be distributed to the lower 48, we would all receive 1/2 inch of water. He was able to view the area that he lived in a few years back, and it is totally underwater, he still has many friends there. We are so relieved each time he calls to tell us he is safe, thing are changing there so quickly and it is far from over. My heart and prayers go out to the good folks in Texas.

August 30, 2017
10:52 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2264sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is good news, Joelle.  I had no problems logging on this morning.

September 1, 2017
11:09 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2265sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

A cold, rainy, and windy day here, leftovers from Harvey, but we don't mind.

I received another email from Squeeges Mom along with a photo showing the river they kayak that normally contains a few feet of water now is 55.04 deep and raging, their home is still dry at this point, and hopefully will stay that way.

September 1, 2017
5:06 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2266sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is cool here by August standards with temp in the 80's and normally it is in the 90's or more.  It has turned cloudy and there is a forecast of rain later tonight.

September 5, 2017
9:50 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2267sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Stormy night last night, rain, wind, thunder and lots of lightening, One county close by hit by a tornado. When I took our little dog outside about 6 AM I could smell smoke and that was worry some especially when it was dark and foggy. When I turned on the TV I found out it was smoke from the California wild fire. Those of us with breathing issues are advised to stay doors, cooler temps and more rain on the way for this week.

Pray for Texas. Give what you can to those affected by Harvey.

September 5, 2017
12:37 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2268sp_Permalink sp_Print

We had some of that smoke here, also.  Today, is cloudy but temperatures are decent.  Had a cold front go through last night.

September 6, 2017
10:46 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2269sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, woke up this morning to a 46 degrees temp.  Coldest temp on record for this date here.  Pats of the state that are closer to Colorado saw temps in the 30's.  It has warmed u a bit and is now in the 60's.  They say back to summer temps next week.

October 4, 2017
1:47 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2270sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

The weather here is crazy, the first of the week the forecast say nice cool Fall weather with rain, but now--hot dry weather with temps in the middle to high 80's we have had no rain other than a brief shower for well over 2 weeks, everything looks day and parched, the trees not even turning pretty colors like they normally do this time of the year, they just look dry. The weatherman says maybe a chance of showers in some areas, but not the nice rain we had hoped for.

Rain please!!

October 4, 2017
4:41 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2271sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are having rain today. 

October 5, 2017
1:20 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2272sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flowerhappy-flower

AT LAST----RAIN, BEAUTIFUL RAIN!  THE COULDS HAVE OPENED AND GAVE US 1/2 INCH OF GLORIOUS RAIN!!

You could almost hear the ground drinking it in. Hopefully more later today and night, but so thankful for what we did receive.

October 5, 2017
1:46 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2273sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is cloudy and humid here today.  We had some of the glorious rain yesterday and there is a possibility of more later today.   

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
23 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2634

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7544

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3491

Newest Members:

vmann731, margie, Betty_3, Heather S_1, Whacky Dude, mamamimi

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact