A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's the Weather in Your Area?
January 13, 2018
3:01 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2725
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2281sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

The winter storm "Hunter" passed through last night leaving us with about 6 inches of snow, covering a layer of ice,  the very strong winds left drifts 2 feet deep in some areas. Hubby spent over 2 ours with the snow blower just trying to get the driveway open. The snow was deeper in the back yard than our pup is tall so we had to dig out an area for him. This has been the worst winter that we have had for quite some time. Mr. weather man say about 2 inches of snow again on Monday. I can deal with the snow, but not the ice.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

January 13, 2018
10:06 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 959
2282sp_Permalink sp_Print

You are not alone in that sentiment (snow not ice).  Our son drives a semi and I am always on edge when he is out and it is bad weather.  Luckily he didn't work last Thurs when our storm went through.

January 14, 2018
4:43 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2283sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess it is time to break out the shorts and summer clothes.  It is 45 degrees here this afternoon.  Warm enough that is melted ice in the drainspout and  startled hubby when it fell.

January 15, 2018
11:36 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2284sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

We have another bout of snow falling, we are suppose to get 3-4 inches on top of what we have, the good news is no more ice predicted and warm ups are on the way for Thursday and Friday and then some rain, that will help wash away some of the chemicals on the roadways. I don't mind Winter, and I like snow but I don't care for the ice and blowing snow that we have had this past week. Years back before the internet and up to the second news reporting, we got up every morning and dealt with whatever was outside, I remember many mornings that I walked to the salon because I couldn't get my car out of the drive--no snow blowers back then, but we just got up and took care of business.wink

January 15, 2018
2:45 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2285sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, spring was short lived.  We are back in the deep freeze today.  Got less than an inch of snow but had rain before that.  Cold temperatures forecast for tomorrow (- wind chills)

June 29, 2018
9:31 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2286sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

HOT-----VERY HOT!!!

July 14, 2018
5:12 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2287sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

We had a couple of days of nice weather, low humidity and no rain, but the heat has returned to the place it is unhealthy to be outside for very long, and now we are in a semi-drought situation. We have to accept what we get and remember it could always be worse.

July 16, 2018
7:36 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2288sp_Permalink sp_Print

About 2 hours ago we had a cold front come through, the temps droped 20 degrees and the rains came, this time they are welcome.

July 19, 2018
6:42 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2289sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to be back in Kansas where the temps are only 102.  Places we were this past week are having temps in the 110-114 today.

August 1, 2018
9:30 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2290sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today promises to be another cloudy rainy day, not that I am complaining, be need rain, we had 2 inches yesterday. Everthing was turning brown and the gardens and farm fields were suffering, the animals were coming from the woods looking for water, hope the rain continues through out the day.

August 2, 2018
8:05 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2291sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerAnother overcast and damp day, but that is fine with me, I love days like this because I can cook and bake and not feel guilty about don't going outside to work. This has not been a very good summer for outdoor projects, we had so much rain early on the any good day we might have had we needed to  spend mowing and trimming, then came the very hot and dry weather when the grass went dormant and started to brown, this rain has brought it back a bit along with a lot of unwanted weeds, but that nature, we take want we get and be happy for it. No complaints here.

August 2, 2018
8:58 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2292sp_Permalink sp_Print

After several days of temps in the 80's and low 90's it supposed to be in the mid 90's today and sunny.  We did get some rain but not enough.  It seems that when we look at the radar it appears that the rain is headed straight for us and then at the last minute it breaks apart and we get none or very little.

August 9, 2018
10:10 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2293sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower Still very hot and humid here, temps in the high 80's but with the humidity it seems much hotter, the grass is looking very sad and need attention, but we are not able to manage this weather so we stay inside. We did have some rain last night which is helping, at least it was enough to help the gardens and the animals in the woods to have some water. I hope this humidity leaves us soon, I can handle the heat but not this intense humidity.

August 9, 2018
4:16 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2294sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is warm here but not overly hot like August is normally.  We have had some rain but not enough.  I washed bedding today and it stayed on the line and didn't blow into the neighbor's yard.  Hate it when I have to knock on doors and asked them to retrieve my laundry.  Thanks goodness it is my bloomers. 

September 2, 2018
11:56 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2295sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

So very hot and humid here, it seems to be non ending, and so much rain!! We have been trying to get the tree man to come cut down some trees, but the ground has been so wet he in unable to bring in the equipment, we have to have at least 6 trees removed and some more trimmed up. The bushes all need to be trimmed but I cannot handle the hot and humid weather, and the house needs to be power washed, with of the rain we have green stuff on the siding, as done most folks in our area. I have to saw this is the most unpleasant summer I can remember. Looking forward to Fall, I hope it is normal.wink

September 2, 2018
1:24 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2296sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is warm here.  Temps are in the highs 90's  about normal for the first of Sept.

September 5, 2018
12:14 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2297sp_Permalink sp_Print

EXTREMELY HOT!!!!!

The weather here is nearly unbearable, the heat index today is going to be near 100-101 degrees. Just a few moments outside just takes its toll. A schools have  canceled in our area, please Fall come on in, we are so ready for you!

September 5, 2018
2:26 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
2298sp_Permalink sp_Print

We have at temps and humidity that are equal which makes for unbearable weather.  We have had our share of rain.  Some parts of the state received almost 9 inches in a 24 hour period.  Lots of flooding going on there.  We didn't get quite that much.

September 6, 2018
7:03 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2299sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

This afternoon we had a storm like I have not seen before, it came up extremely fast, I was in the kitchen and noticed it was getting dark very quickly, I checked the weather and saw a warning the a storm was due to hit us in the next 10 minutes, it arrived almost to the minute, winds 45-50 mph extremely hard rain  that was going sideways for some time and the wind was fierce, I have to say I was very scared, we had about 2 inches of rain in about a 30-35 minute span. When it was over there were several small branches down and a lot of twigs and leaves. I am sure there was damage in other parts of our community. I really don't want to see anything like it again, it liked very much like a straight line wind.

September 7, 2018
4:39 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2300sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Much cooler temps today, so much appreciated. The weather man says we are going to get 3-5 inches of rain this weekend. So glad the trees were removed early this week, we have been waiting  months for part of the yard to be dry enough for to be able to get the equipment to take down a rather large tree. We are to have more rain in the next few days than we normally receive this whole month----so says the weatherman. Enough already!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2725

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7777

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3492

Newest Members:

UnikeBit, sebgolddodvapu, Evathupe, terptodimissdes, RonnieDB, ulysses1263076

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact