Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
•••2012 The CITR Holiday Swap 2012•••
November 29, 2012
7:37 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 156

Shipped the package today, should be received by Saturday. 

November 29, 2012
8:10 pm
AspenFlower
USA
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 11

BuckeyeGirl said
Because not everyone is celebrating the same Holiday AspenFlower.  All are welcome here, by whatever name!  If you are participating, be welcome to share your own celebration.  We're not excluding Christmas, but including any who wish to share in the CitR Fellowship that the gift exchange offers!  chicken chicken chicken  

Sure you're excluding Christmas. Hence the title to your swap, "Holiday Swap." It used to be called Christmas Swap right? Unless there's a Christmas Swap coming soon. But I doubt that. chicken

peace&joy
November 29, 2012
9:06 pm
Pete
WV
Forum Posts: 8497

OK- this is more than enough arguing about this!  The entire point is to share a joyous time of year with each other.  No one is forced to participate.  But this topic is for those who are participating in the Swap and for the rest of us to share in the excitement and see what everyone gets and gives.

Those who do not want to participate on that level are kindly asked to simply not post in this topic.

Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!
November 30, 2012
3:02 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 746

ALERT!!!!ALERT!!!

Do you live in Maine?

Ohio?

or perhaps Iowa?

Keep on the lookout for a goodie package from a CITR member, it's on its way!

Others packages are on their way as well. Remember, December 1st is the target deadline for shipping. Be sure to PM Bonita if your snowed under and need to re-designate your swap buddy. It happens, we understand. It's just that we'd rather each particpant get a goodie.

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

November 30, 2012
4:01 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

TAH DAH

We have our first recipient. Stay tuned.

BTW Remember to include your screen name in with your sent goodies so that

your swap buddy can write a thank you note!

November 30, 2012
4:20 pm
brookdale
Eastern Maine
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 494

I received a box from kathyb this morning. 

I was so excited I just HAD to open it right then, I was in my friend's car so she got to see it too.

kathyb, THANK YOU so much for the lovely dark red knitted scarf and matching hat! I love it and will wear it often, now that it's getting so cold here. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Will  try to take a pic and post it soon.

Remember, if it rains on your picnic it's also raining on your garden!
November 30, 2012
4:46 pm
justdeborah2002
ottawa ON
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 377

Just to note, I sent my gift out today.  And hopefully it will be received by Christmas.  The Post Office said it should take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive.  So, my fingers are crossed that it's the former.  

I have to say, Americans are really really lucky with their postal service.  There are so many great things about living in Canada, but a decent postal service just isn't one of them.

queen of make it fit
December 1, 2012
12:03 am
mommafox
S.W.Iowa
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 202

I received my Holiday Swap gift today from MIM. Will post pictures later. Right now I am up to my eyebrows trying to finish mine so it can go out tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I would tell you what I am working on—-but it's a secretlips-are-sealed

Thank you Mim, so very much. Will tell everyone what I got when I post a picture.

"Age is of no importance, unless you are a cheese!"
December 1, 2012
7:34 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 70

Hi there my parcel has been sent and they would only say that it woulf definately get there before Christmas. It has quite a long journey to make and I hope it arrives undamaged. This is so exciting thank you for arranging it all Bonita you are a star.

December 1, 2012
9:58 am
Mim
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 54

mommafox said
I received my Holiday Swap gift today from MIM. Will post pictures later. Right now I am up to my eyebrows trying to finish mine so it can go out tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I would tell you what I am working on—-but it's a secretlips-are-sealed

Thank you Mim, so very much. Will tell everyone what I got when I post a picture.

You are very welcome mommafox…… pawprint

December 1, 2012
2:51 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

<—News Flash—>

There are reports of CITR Swap packages headed to

Kansas, Tennessee, and even Across the Pond to England!

Have you shipped your CITR Swap package yet? 

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. 

December 1, 2012
4:52 pm
lindat
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 34

Spent the morning down the road- local potter was holding an open house!  And what to my surprise when I got home- but a box!! The family was in need to lunch, so had to wait!  Then once I was able, I have a present from Victorian Girl-I am attempting to wait, the gifts are under the tree-I can't wait!!  Thank you SO MUCH!!!  Makes me feel like a kid again!!wave

December 1, 2012
5:59 pm
Kathyb
Banty
Forum Posts: 4

I got my gift today and could not in any way wait to open it!!  It was From Linda T. in Kansas.  Thank you SO much!!  I loved it all!!  A scarf, gloves, the pouches with dried apples in them (can't wait to make a pie) and the doileys!!  They were all beautiful and I know it took a lot of time to make!  I needed those gloves when we were doing kettle corn at the festivals when it was cold.  Thanks again, I loved it!!!!!!!!  Kathyb

December 1, 2012
10:43 pm
Amerayl
Stuttgart, AR
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 123

Oops, I forgot to put my screen name. I completely forgot about them not know who was sending the package.cry

December 1, 2012
11:29 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken

lindat said
Spent the morning down the road- local potter was holding an open house!  And what to my surprise when I got home- but a box!! The family was in need to lunch, so had to wait!  Then once I was able, I have a present from Victorian Girl-I am attempting to wait, the gifts are under the tree-I can't wait!!  Thank you SO MUCH!!!  Makes me feel like a kid again!!wave

Hi Lindat,

Hope you like your gift.  Merry Christmas to you and your family.

VictorianGirl

December 1, 2012
11:38 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken

Received my gift today from SusieQ.  I was so excited I just had to open it right away, couldn't wait until Christmas Eve when we open our gifts.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, I LOVE the gifts you sent.  I received the most adorable patchwork Christmas tree ornaments embellished with buttons and the sweetest Christmas tree pillow also embellished with buttons (I love buttons!).  Without a doubt these will continue to be part of my Christmas decorations for years to come.  Many, many thanks and Merry Christmas to you and your family.  (If I was more computer savvy I would post pictures, you would LOVE my gifts!)

December 2, 2012
7:16 pm
cas2ajs
Banty
Forum Posts: 9

Got my package yesterday!  Yay!  I'm a little miffed at the local post office.  They left it on the steps under a drip from the eaves and the mailing box was completely saturated when I picked it up hissy-fitbut everything inside was fine, thank goodness.

Brookdale, you were so very generous and I loved everything!  I got muddy buddies (recipe included), a beautiful star ornament, notecards and a scrubbie.  I've been eyeing those for quite a while but haven't had the courage to try making one myself; they look so intimidating to me.  So thank you very, very much.  I will get pics up probably tomorrow as I need to get my camera charged. 

Cheryl S.

December 2, 2012
7:32 pm
judydee
Memphis
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 390

My gift is almost ready, I promise.  I've had a slight change of plans on something that I wanted to  include, so will need one more day.  Should be able to go in the mail on Tuesday.  They say anticipation is half the fun right??

December 2, 2012
8:40 pm
mommafox
S.W.Iowa
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 202

To mim:

Please check your PM. I have a  question for you.wave

mommafox

"Age is of no importance, unless you are a cheese!"
December 3, 2012
11:09 am
VAfarmer
Bristow, VA
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 28

Yay, I received my package from BunnyRuth!

A beautiful lamp made out of an old (glass-topped) canning jar.  I love how the bubbles in the glass illuminate when you turn it on!  And of course, the yummy home-made candies… those will not last long around me, for sure.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I love the home-made gifts I received, and I am really enjoying seeing what others have received (though I would love to see some pictures, hint hint!)

On another note, I'm stopping at the post office this evening on my way home so I'll hopefully have a tracking number to PM you by tomorrow morning :)  Sorry for the delay but one of the things took longer to make than I had expected.  I hope you'll find it was worth the wait!

Check out my new blog: 'Farmer Near the Big City' http://www.hocknewberryfarm.we...../apps/blog
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
27 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2734

Ross: 2425

Joell: 1896

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 8592

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3449

Newest Members: kevbowie, wyatt, onlysunny, Tina M., dawn sarver, mrsbassman

Moderators: Pete (8497), wvhomecanner (3159), Flatlander (1638)

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn (7368), emiline220 (15), CindyP (7942), BuckeyeGirl (4921)

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

IMG_2644

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact