Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
•••2012 The CITR Holiday Swap 2012•••
December 3, 2012
2:21 pm
brookdale
Eastern Maine
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 487

100-6301-resized.jpgHere's the beautiful scarf/hat set I received from Kathyb. I wore it Sat. evening, it was very cold here. The pic doesn't show the color very well, it is a lovely dark red. Thank you again!

Remember, if it rains on your picnic it's also raining on your garden!
December 3, 2012
6:56 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 742

Wow! what a neat hat and scarf set.

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

December 3, 2012
9:22 pm
BunnyRuth
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 34

VAfarmer said
Yay, I received my package from BunnyRuth!

A beautiful lamp made out of an old (glass-topped) canning jar.  I love how the bubbles in the glass illuminate when you turn it on!  And of course, the yummy home-made candies… those will not last long around me, for sure.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

So glad it arrived safely and that you like it.  I always get a little nervous mailing things made of glass,  wishing you a joyful holiday and a Happy New Year!

December 3, 2012
10:17 pm
GasMasher
Banty
Forum Posts: 10

The jar lamp looks great BunnyRuth. Did you drill the glass for the cord?

December 3, 2012
11:14 pm
BunnyRuth
Big Chicken

GasMasher said
The jar lamp looks great BunnyRuth. Did you drill the glass for the cord?

Thanks.  My husband did the actual drilling, it is done with a grinding bit that you can use with either ceramic tile or glass.  We have lost a few jars (defintely should wear safety glasses or goggles) over the years but if it is done slowly and the glass is cooled by spraying with water it works well.  It is also helpful to add a rubber grommet around the hole so that the wire does not get cut.

December 4, 2012
2:07 am
GasMasher
Banty
Forum Posts: 10

I'm going to make my wife a set for Christmas. I have drilled fish tanks so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the idea in a roundabout way!

December 4, 2012
11:07 am
BunnyRuth
Big Chicken

GasMasher said
I'm going to make my wife a set for Christmas. I have drilled fish tanks so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the idea in a roundabout way!

If you already have glass drilling experience I'm sure you can do it.  My husband held the jar in place with a vise and I kept a spray bottle of water going to cool it frequently (became brittle when heated by the grinding).  I bought the rustic looking candle that I hot glued to the bottom of the jar via email but I am sure you can find them at craft shops as well and you just need to take the switch piece apart to thread it through the little hole and reassemble.  You can find the rubber grommets at Home Depot.  I added some rose hips for decoraion but any little decoration will work (potpourri, little pebbles, etc.) depending on personal taste. 

I got the inspiration from a gift catalog of rustic home decorating items where they were selling something similar for over $25.  We had the glass top jars that we were no longer using for canning… and a craft project was born.  Let me know how yours come out, would loe to see. 

December 4, 2012
3:38 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

Ho! dear, what can the matter be?
Some swap gifts have yet to be sent.

They said they would surely ship out their goodies.
But the deadline has come and has past. 

We’d hate for a swapper to be disappointed.
Let us know if you have to bow out.

December 4, 2012
3:46 pm
C8keWench
Powell, Ohio
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 26

SuziQ, your package is on it's way! Postman picked it up yesterday! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!hug

December 4, 2012
6:25 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

Let's all send positive thoughts to the USPS and other delivery systems. Some early Swappers are concerned that packages have not yet reached their destinations. Here's the scoop:

don't panic, yet

The USPS has been inundated:  Lots of shipping from on-line sales…they also process drop shipments for FedEx and UPS (the private carriers ship long distances to a USPS sorting center…the USPS is responsible for delivery from sorting center to address.) My neighborhood is getting mail deliveries as late as 9pm and there were package deliveries last Sunday. (!)

Nevertheless, if it's not shipped it won't be delivered. wink wink nudge nudge

December 4, 2012
10:10 pm
cas2ajs
Banty
Forum Posts: 9

I just wanted to post a pic of all the wonderful things I got from Brookdale this past weekend.  Sorry for the poor quality – had to take it with my cell.

1204122135.jpg

I love everything!  What a lot of thought and work went into making everything.  Thank you again, Brookdale.  Merry Christmas!

December 5, 2012
8:20 am
suziQ
NC
Banty
Forum Posts: 8

C8keWench,

Thanks for letting me know my package has been shipped!  I can hardly wait to get it!  I'm waiting patiently by the mailbox!!!!  happy-feet

December 5, 2012
12:45 pm
Kathyb
Banty
Forum Posts: 4

Here is a picture of all my goodies from lindat.  I love them all!!  Aren't they wonderful??  Thanks again so much.  I know it took a long time to make all those!

December 5, 2012
6:54 pm
lindat
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 28

Kathyb said

I got my gift today and could not in any way wait to open it!!  It was From Linda T. in Kansas.  Thank you SO much!!  I loved it all!!  A scarf, gloves, the pouches with dried apples in them (can't wait to make a pie) and the doileys!!  They were all beautiful and I know it took a lot of time to make!  I needed those gloves when we were doing kettle corn at the festivals when it was cold.  Thanks again, I loved it!!!!!!!!  Kathyb

December 5, 2012
6:57 pm
lindat
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 28

Kathryn , you are welcome. And I hope you and your family have wonderful holiday season!!! Lindat

December 5, 2012
7:52 pm
Miss Judy
West Central MO
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1472

All of the swaps look wonderful!! This is the first time I have dared to look. I couldn't participate this year nowhat with my daughters wedding and getting ready for a houseful of company (for a full week). We have so many talented Citr "ers". Tonight I am enjoying reading all about …and seeing some of the gifts. Thanks for posting pics.

December 5, 2012
9:22 pm
C8keWench
Powell, Ohio
Big Chicken

SuziQ, the post office says it was delivered! Hope you enjoy them! BTW, one item needs refrigeration so open it up!eating

Enjoy! Annette

December 6, 2012
9:52 am
suziQ
NC
Banty
Forum Posts: 8

C8keWench, I got my package yesterday and I was soooooooooooo happy!  I absolutely love everything in it!  The mug mat is adorable and will come in very handy, as well as the key chain.  And the earrings are cute, too… I can't believe you made those!  And the cookie butter is awesome… thanks for sharing the recipe!  I even loved the bow and the notecard you put in there explaining what the mug mat was… owls are my favorite!!  I will try to get a photo uploaded soon to share with everyone.

Thank you again for spending so much time making all of these wonderful things for me!  I truly do appreciate it.  It has made me feel very special!

I hope you & your family have a blessed Christmas season!  hug

Susanne

suziQ

December 6, 2012
10:17 pm
C8keWench
Powell, Ohio
Big Chicken

SuziQ,  I am so glad you like them! I piddle around with things through the year & then have to find people to adopt them at the holidays. Have a wonderful holiday!

Annette

December 7, 2012
7:40 pm
laurie hamar
Banty
Forum Posts: 9

WOW, I told myself  I could wait until Christmas, but when my package came today I was toooo excited to wait.  So glad I didn't.  Judy Dee you outdid yourself.  I have received a beautiful apron (which I just told my Mom when we were Christmas shopping that I really needed), a lovely dessert dish (Judy, is that hand painted? it's just lovely) and a yummy fig preserve cake.  The photos surely don't do these things justice.  Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!

I was unable to upload photos, I tried.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online: TerryMcC
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2727

Ross: 2420

Joell: 1827

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 8387

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3423

Newest Members: Ellen, hbarfield, squirrel, mony, jannyhess, wenderlou

Moderators: Pete (8497), wvhomecanner (3159), Flatlander (1636)

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn (7366), emiline220 (15), CindyP (7942), BuckeyeGirl (4921)

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

IMG_1971

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact