Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
•••2012 The CITR Holiday Swap 2012•••
December 7, 2012
9:37 pm
kellyb
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 389

Mommafox,

I got your present today. We were headed out to pick up the grandchildren so I tore it open in the car. My husband said I was worse than the kids I was so excited. I LOVE everything. I got a beautiful apron made from the most gorgeous chicken fabric. I'll wear it when I gather eggs. I got a beautiful crocheted hot pad. Beautiful! I got crocheted coasters that are chickens! They are adorable. I also got a beautiful bracelet which I'm wearing right now. I'm forgetting something and my husband isn't back for me to check. I can't believe all the treasurers you sent me thank you so much. I will cherish everything. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Kellyb

December 8, 2012
3:20 am
judydee
Memphis
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 390

Laurie,

I'm so glad you liked the presents.  The desert dish is made from vintage china plates that are married with a small bud vase using E6000 glue.  I'm so glad it got there in one piece!  

Merry Christmas!!

judydee

December 8, 2012
7:34 pm
Grammy Jam
Ohio
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 15

Heidiannie,

Sorry for the delay in posting, I didn't realize that packages were now being delivered to a central location where I live and not to my home.

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful items you sent to me!!!  The washcloth's are perfect, exactly the type I use all the time!!  The other Lavender items smell divine!!  Even my dogs love the box filler and have made a little nest in it!!  LOL  See an extra gift that you didn't even know you sent!  I really do love everything!  happy-feethappy-feethappy-feet

I am not having much luck posting pictures, but I'll see if I can make any more progress tomorrow!

December 8, 2012
7:56 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 746

{{virtual background music, Carly Simon: Anticipation}}

Have you noticed this weekend's DIY television shows are showcasing 
handmade goodies for friends, family, hosts, and hostesses? 

Way to go CITR swappers—You're ahead of the curve.
Goodies are 100% done,
Over 95% have been shipped, 
and best of all,
More than 40% have been DELIVERED!

BTW, several CITR senders PM'd tracking numbers for swap packages to intended recipients.

WABI {what a bright idea} 

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

December 9, 2012
11:26 am
kellyb
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 389

My package to my swap buddie was delivered yesterday at 10 AM according to the post office.  If you live in Arizona you need to check your mailbox!

kellyb

December 9, 2012
4:58 pm
Amerayl
Stuttgart, AR
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 123

kellyb said
My package to my swap buddie was delivered yesterday at 10 AM according to the post office.  If you live in Arizona you need to check your mailbox!

kellyb

LOL, So sorry Kelly! Yes, I did get your gift and I tore into it immediately. I was going to post as soon as I could. Funny thing, Pastor's & family are usually very busy on the weekends. happy-feet I love it all. It is just so much lovely items. I received a beautiful quilted Christmas table topper that I know just where it will find a home. I love the apron. I've recently come to find I am hungry to have more of those cute aprons I've been seeing online and now I have one more to my little collection and I really enjoy the style, it is so comfortable. I always wanted to try homemade vanilla extract and I love vanilla sugar. Great stuff if you ask me. And to top all that off is some really yummy simmering potpourri. I feel like I've made off like a bandit. Thanks ever so much kellyb!!

I envy your dehydrator a teeny bit. When I made the move from AZ to AR, we accidently left ours in the old house. Seems like we left a lot of things in that move. Funny thing is that I recently found my little simmering pot, but I think until I take down my tree, I am going to string up the bigger pieces of apple and oranges and put them on my tree as some cool looking ornaments. The plus side is that it will also SMELL awesome as well. sun

The funny thing about the delivery is that I was brushing my teeth when my boys said that a package came for me. I was hoping it was my CITR swap gift, but of course I stayed to finish brushing my teeth. They failed to tell me the mailman was outside waiting for a signature. Uh, oops! Yeah, my boys are well on their way to becoming men with their lack of communication skills.

I'll post a picture tomorrow when I am hoping to have some better light. Well at least I'll have more time to fuss with it. :D Thanks again! Like I said, I absolutely love everything!

December 9, 2012
5:51 pm
mommafox
S.W.Iowa
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 202

DSC_0766small.jpgDSC_0770small.jpg

Here are the gifts I received from Mim. There are 5 dishcloths/potholders/hotpads. Whatever mood I am in will dictate what they will be used for. There is also a mat that I will use for draining dishes. The other gifts are small primitive pillows and ornaments and the cutest little sheep.  Thank you Mim. Looks like a lot of work went into them. I should have taken a picture of the backs of the primatives. Each one had a little cloth tag with "MiM" embroidered on it.shimmyshimmy

"Age is of no importance, unless you are a cheese!"
December 9, 2012
9:56 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

WOWZA The goodies already delivered show why this swap is soooo much fun. 

CITR Swap: 45% delivered

BTW:  FedEx team members are preparing for a record-breaking day at FedEx on Monday, Dec. 10 when 19 million packages are expected to move through the FedEx networks on what is likely to be the busiest day in company history. 

The 300,000 FedEx regulars plus ~ 20,000 seasonal personnel are expected to process more than 200 packages per second. The Memphis World Hub, at peak capacity, can sort 500,000 packages per hour across 42 miles of conveyor belt. 

Let's hope USPS does an equally fantastic job!

December 10, 2012
9:50 am
heidiannie
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 27

@ GrammyJam- I'm just glad you got it!

I sent it right away and was wondering why it hadn't gotten to you, yet!

I love lavender and try to use it in as many ways as I can.  I'm glad your dog liked the excelcior packaging- :)  – Hope your Christmas is filled with joy!

December 10, 2012
5:50 pm
Amerayl
Stuttgart, AR
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 123

CITR.jpg

Here is the pictures of what I received. Some really lovely stuff if you ask me. I had to get this done because I'm dying to dig into it. LOL, I was wearing the apron yesterday trying to not get messed up and trying not to get the apron dirty so I could take a good pic of it. Really silly and difficult.

December 11, 2012
10:58 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 70

I recieved my swap gift today. It is a lovely wooden sign from Deborah. I am so very pleased with it thank you so much, it is so beautifully made and painted. I have three cats so it is just purfect for my house. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year xxxxxgift.jpg

December 12, 2012
3:55 pm
suziQ
NC
Banty
Forum Posts: 8

I wanted to share a picture of my goodies with everybody and finally got one uploaded!  Thanks again, Annette (C8keWench)!!  I love them all!

Susanne

December 13, 2012
8:46 am
Pete
WV
Forum Posts: 8497

This is so much fun!  And always amazing.

Thanks, all, for sharing!

Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!
December 13, 2012
11:51 am
judydee
Memphis
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 390

Just wanted to let everyone know what lovely gifts I received from Laurie.  The package arrived last Monday while I was at work, and Big Daddy called me to let me know it was there.  I spent the afternoon in anticipation, and scooted home just as soon as I could.  I made us a cup of tea, and then sat down to enjoy the "opening".  I received a wonderful pair of hand knitted socks,  the first pair of hand knitted I have ever had.  I am really spoiled now, as they are the snuglliest I have ever had on.  I also received 5 bars of homemade soap (very welcome as I have procrastinated about making more myself), all of which are different scents and types.  I know I will be enjoying my gifts for a long time to come, and will think of my chicken sister every time I use them.

Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas and holiday season!!!

December 14, 2012
3:21 pm
VAfarmer
Bristow, VA
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 28

BunnyRuth, I hope you got your presents!  Please do let me know :)

Check out my new blog: 'Farmer Near the Big City' http://www.hocknewberryfarm.we...../apps/blog
December 14, 2012
9:40 pm
BunnyRuth
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 34

Hello VA Farmer and all,

Sorry for the delay in posting, it has been a very difficult week (family emergency).

I do not have a camera available at the moment to take a photo but I LOVE the pint of homemmade apple butter and the felt crafted Christmas Tree.  Very thoughtful gifts.  Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into such lovely gifts.  Will be enjoying the apple butter throughout this pre-Christmas season,

Wishing you all Joy,

Bunny Ruth

VAfarmer said

BunnyRuth, I hope you got your presents!  Please do let me know :)

December 15, 2012
2:37 am
Flatlander
Forum Posts: 1638

With pain in my heart I keep following this, wished I was included too, but also knew i wouldn't be able to prepare a box to mail out, so it was better to stay out for this year.

I'm happy everybody is receiving the nicest thoughtful gifts..I hope that everybody who hasn't done this, still will post a picture….I LOVE PICTURES…and I bet I'm not the only one.

December 15, 2012
4:31 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

Astrid: I was disappointed not to see your name on the list, but understand how life sometimes gets in the way of having fun. Hope you and your family are well and have a happy holiday season.

December 15, 2012
5:54 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

Ms. Bo Peep has counted her sheep and this is what she found:

100 percent of the swap packages have been shipped.

More than 77 percent of the packages have been received.

Pix posted show goodies of all shapes and persuasions—

edible, wearable, and home dec lead the pack.

More updates to come. . . 

December 16, 2012
12:28 am
Flatlander
Forum Posts: 1638

bonita said
Astrid: I was disappointed not to see your name on the list, but understand how life sometimes gets in the way of having fun. Hope you and your family are well and have a happy holiday season.

I know I dissapointed myself too, but also knew that I would crunch it, there was a reason that I didn't even have time to organize it..Next year

I'll be back (I almost have the same accent LOL)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
24 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2734

Ross: 2425

Joell: 1897

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 8593

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3449

Newest Members: Chickenmama13, kevbowie, wyatt, onlysunny, Tina M., dawn sarver

Moderators: Pete (8497), wvhomecanner (3159), Flatlander (1638)

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn (7368), emiline220 (15), CindyP (7942), BuckeyeGirl (4921)

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

IMG_2644

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact