Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
•••2012 The CITR Holiday Swap 2012•••
December 17, 2012
4:40 pm
Mim
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 54

Rec'd my package from Morningstar but I can not get the picture to load…keep getting an error…wrong format but it is: jpeg  4.84mb   dimension 3648x2736      I will go back and recheck the instructions to see what I am doing wrong…

pawprint

December 17, 2012
5:08 pm
Mim
Big Chicken

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/mim0209/DSCF5918_zps6e29a5e7.jpg

December 17, 2012
11:55 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 748

Great^2 Mim, great goodies, great photo post. This is really fun!

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

December 18, 2012
2:25 pm
heidiannie
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 27

Bonita!  I just got your package!  It smelled so good from the mulling spices!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful homemade gifts.

The Rosemary nuts are delicious- I love the vanilla essence- and I have been planning on making some Ranch dressing- it is my favorite dressing!

I absolutely LOVE the crocheted cotton tote!!!

I knit and can't crochet- so I am thrilled to get a bag that is so beautifully crocheted!

Thank you- and may your Christmas be Merry and filled with joy!

I'm trying to upload pictures but not having any success.

I'll try again later, unless you took pictures before you sent them and could upload them here!

Thanks!

December 18, 2012
2:49 pm
Mim
Big Chicken

heidiannie said
Bonita!  I just got your package!  It smelled so good from the mulling spices!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful homemade gifts.

The Rosemary nuts are delicious- I love the vanilla essence- and I have been planning on making some Ranch dressing- it is my favorite dressing!

I absolutely LOVE the crocheted cotton tote!!!

I knit and can't crochet- so I am thrilled to get a bag that is so beautifully crocheted!

Thank you- and may your Christmas be Merry and filled with joy!

I'm trying to upload pictures but not having any success.

I'll try again later, unless you took pictures before you sent them and could upload them here!

Thanks!

I had to use PhotoBucket to get my picture to load.pawprint

December 21, 2012
5:02 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

Arrgh, the Grinch has been messing around with my ability to read and post on CITR.

Here's the belated info:

Heidieannie: Glad your goodies arrived intact, and glad you liked them. Great idea to take pix before sending…I actually thought of that too, just as the package was picked up and being carried to the truck! Ah well, maybe next year.

Cheryl S: Your package finally arrived, although it looked as if reindeer had used it to play a game of keep away. Nevertheless, the poinsettia hot pad and matching towel hanger are in great condition. This is the perfect year for these holiday accents for my kitchen. I'm having trouble getting around and can't get to the box(es) of holiday decorations. So, your sweet poinsettia is the only holiday item in the house this year. It is truely appreciated, thanks.

CITR Swappers: Well, all goodies have been sent and 86 percent have been delivered.

That means there are three swappers still waiting for their goodies: Kathi N, justdeborah2002, and C8ke Wench. Perhaps they've already received their goodies and just haven't been able to post. Let's hope so. . . 

December 21, 2012
10:26 pm
justdeborah2002
ottawa ON
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 377

I've got my fingers crossed that Monday will bring a little surprise in the mail, otherwise, it will be after Christmas….

Perhaps an after the holidays treat would be most welcome…either way, I'm still pretty excited.

queen of make it fit
December 24, 2012
2:25 pm
morningstar
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 70

Happy Christmas every one. Love from Morningstar xxxxx

December 24, 2012
8:03 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 156

Merry Christmas to everyone and blessings for the New Year.  With fond regards from VictorianGirl.

December 24, 2012
9:04 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 660

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Joyous Holiday Season.  Please stay safe, if you're traveling.

December 26, 2012
11:15 am
Rainn
Maine
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 30

justdeborah2002 said

I've got my fingers crossed that Monday will bring a little surprise in the mail, otherwise, it will be after Christmas….

Perhaps an after the holidays treat would be most welcome…either way, I'm still pretty excited.

Before the egg...and before the chicken....you have to have a coop........
December 28, 2012
7:15 am
justdeborah2002
ottawa ON
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 377

And I had the most delightful surprise in the mail.  A lovely gift of a quilted bag containing lots of treats….a duo of quilted hot pads, one in the most delightful way…even my grump of a boyfriend was delighted by it…a chicken pecking at grain!  Also a knitted chicken perched on an egg, and several lovely cards of sheep being knitted….

The gift might have taken awhile to make it's way to me, but it was sooooooo worth the surprise and delight!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Rainn!

queen of make it fit
December 28, 2012
5:21 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

Great News! Sounds like a great box of goodies!  BLTN

December 29, 2012
11:32 am
C8keWench
Powell, Ohio
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 26

Sorry all, Super busy Christmas season this year! I got my package from Kathi on Friday the 21st, then Christmas & the snow storm rolled in & I totally forgot to post!

The first thing I noticed when I open the box was the smell of Cinnamon, she had sent an ornament made from an orange decorated with I believe whole cloves. It hangs on my tree now, although I did consider hanging it in my car (it smells so good!)

There was also a jar of hot cocoa mix & a sugar hand scrub which is sitting next to my kitchen sink as we speak! However, there is a mystery jar! It is brown & orange powder, my sister thinks it's a mix like Arnold Palmers iced tea, but I have no clue what it is! Love the label on the cocoa mix, think I will make it into an ornament for next year!

Thanks Kathi & here's hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas & will have a safe & happy New Year!

Annette

December 29, 2012
11:40 am
C8keWench
Powell, Ohio
Big Chicken

o.k., had to go back & read how to resize & all that so will hopefully be adding pics now!

Sorry, keeps saying invalid file type. Not sure why, they are jpg. Any suggestions?

December 29, 2012
11:45 am
BuckeyeGirl
N.E. Ohio
Admin
Forum Posts: 4921

I say we have a guessing game till Kathi answers you Annette!  I say it's it's what we used to call "Russian Spice Tea" mix.  It's a combo of powdered tea, Tang drink mix, spices and possibly sugar?  I lost my recipe for it years ago so I'm not sure about it anymore…

As far as posting pics, I suspect that when you go to put in the file, it retains the old name/location/info and that section needs to be cleared out, then reselect the proper file.  It might help to rename the resized file something just slightly different so it doesn't keep trying to load that other one. 

Located in N.E. Ohio
December 29, 2012
4:14 pm
lindat
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 41

Victorian girl sent me a wonderful gift!!! A ful cover apron in a lovely blue calico print with yellow gingham trim, hand crocheted dishclothes and to top off the packages 2 beautiful crocheted snowflakes!! Thank you so very much, truely made my Christmas! I hope everyone is warm, toasty and stays safe! fork

December 29, 2012
7:57 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 156

You're welcome Lindat, so glad you like everything and you had a marvelous Christmas.  Wishing you and your family and all the CITR folks a very Happy New Year.

January 3, 2013
7:11 pm
C8keWench
Powell, Ohio
Big Chicken

o.k. converted the pics to pdf & seems to have worked. I will need to resize the mix picture so will post later. Thanks Buckeye Girl, I think you may be right. Just heard about Russian Tea on Bizarre Foods not 5 minutes before I checked this site & saw your post. I think the universe is pointing me in that direction! french

January 4, 2013
5:22 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken

Listen closely, you can barely hear the pipers piping in the distance. Sunday, the drummers will drum and go, leaving behind the memories of this holiday season.  We CITR swappers have had a good time this year. Thank you, Suzanne, for letting us borrow your website to get together with one another. Here’s wishing you the best with Sassafras Farm’s ‘close enough’ twelvetide days—including your maids-a-milking, calling birds, French hens, and nearby pear trees.

My personal thanks to Flatlander (Astrid) and Buckeye Girl for their help and support. And so, this year’s holiday swap comes to a close with these wishes for the entire CITR family: 

Bless the masters of the house, and the mistresses also
And all the little children that round your table grow.
The cattle in your stable and the dog by your front door
And all that dwell within your gates
We wish you ten times more.

Soal, a soal, a soal cake, please good missus a soul cake.
An apple, a pear, a plum, a cherry,
Any good thing to make us all merry,
One for Peter, two for Paul, three for Him who made us all.

Go down into the cellar and see what you can find
If the barrels are not empty we hope you will be kind
We hope you will be kind with your apple and your pear,
For we'll come no more a 'soalin' till this time next year.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4u-N_VGJY]

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
25 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2734

Ross: 2425

Joell: 1916

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 8676

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3455

Newest Members: sansan, tressiekay, darlene42164, pvnaturals, evlee12, mdsmml1

Moderators: Pete (8497), wvhomecanner (3159), Flatlander (1638)

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn (7368), emiline220 (15), CindyP (7942), BuckeyeGirl (4921)

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

d1lwft0f0qzya1.cloudfront.net

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact