A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's for Dinner?
February 18, 2016
11:09 pm
PaulaA
SW Washington
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 11
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2021sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beef stew, in the Wolfgang Puck slow cooker that my husband's sister gave me because she didn't use it or want to store it. Gotta tell ya, that thing is the cat's meow.  You can sear the meat right in the same pot, I don't know how much it cost, but I've already used it more than I ever have my traditional CrockPot or "slow cooker".  Had some marrow bones I asked for from a half beef, roasted and added them so I guess it will be pretty rich.  I'm fixing the CITR cheddar bay (red lobster) biscuits...just do it, the best copycat out there, I've had them before, but consider them a special treat.  I have some different veg in here, eggplant and somethin called a "grey squash", along with traditional celery, carrots, potatoes.

Thanks, Suzanne, Joell, and everyone!

paula

February 19, 2016
10:58 am
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 458
2022sp_Permalink sp_Print

We are having a big salad made with mixed greens, Vegan red beans and brown rice, and grilled fresh pineapple for our sweet.

February 20, 2016
2:06 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2474
2023sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

We are having roasted chicken with a variety of steamed veggies. I made low-cal Jello with fruit for desert. Such a beautiful day here already at 63 degrees, it seems hard to believe that  this Past Monday and Tuesday we spent several hours shoveling snow and slush and then we were hit with freezing rain. I have plans to cook on the grill tomorrow.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

February 22, 2016
5:56 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2024sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Yesterday my Stepson came to visit--along with 2 racks of ribs he had in his freezer, do you think that might have been a hint? So, today I am going to be fixing the ribs , probably doing them in the slow cooker with BBQ sauce.

March 2, 2016
8:41 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2025sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

For the past 6 weeks I have been on a diet, and am quite proud of myself. Giving you things you enjoy is difficult at best. I have well and decided today to give my self a special treat---I love fried chicken, I rarely ever fix it myself, there is a place in our village that makes the most delicious fried chicken, always made from fresh Amish chicken. I am ordering some for dinner tonight, along with that we will have baked potatoes and a green salad. Looking forward to that meal.

March 5, 2016
1:01 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members

happy-flower

Burgers and salad--veggie burgers for me and a green salad -- hamburgers and macaroni salad for Hubby. He will have apple pie for desert and I will have a baked apple. Yum!

March 13, 2016
3:32 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2027sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Mac and cheese, steamed broccoli and carrots.

March 16, 2016
2:52 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2028sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

HOT DOGS!! on the grill!! I have been so good the last few months, eating healthy and watched my calories, I have been craving a hot dog, so a hot dog will be my dinner tonight, that and a nice salad. The weather is nice today, a bit breezy but nice enough to light the grill. I have reached my goal, I never got on the scale on single time and don't plan to, when I go to the doctor, she will weigh me and let me know my loss. since my last visit. I had a pair of jeans that I wanted to get back into, and I am back into them, I have gone down at least 2 sizes, so I am happy, now to maintain. The scale is not my friend, I know when my clothes get tight what I need to do.

April 7, 2016
11:38 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2029sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

This morning I put some country ribs in the crock pot, we have have baked potatoes and salad to go with them. Not sure about a sweet as yet.

April 8, 2016
3:29 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2030sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

I have a good sized pot of hot dog chili simmering on the stove, we are having hot  dogs for dinner and then the rest of the chili will be divided up into freezer containers for future use.

April 9, 2016
1:13 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2031sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Tonight we are having spaghetti and homemade meat balls (from the freezer) salad and garlic bread. Coconut cream pie for later.

April 18, 2016
11:52 pm
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
2032sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our main dish was a barley and lentil salad made with sauteed shallots, mushrooms and wilted spinach. Our side vegetable was a tasty medley of fresh green beans and carrots julienned and steamed. Then added to sauteed in butter, fresh mushrooms and onion.  No sweet tonite. Very yummy, and pretty on the plate. Fresh flavors and bright colors.

April 19, 2016
7:46 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2033sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Put a pork butt with bbq sauce in the crock pot early this morning. Our neighbors are having dinner with us this evening, along with the bbq there will be cole slaw and tossed salad, a relish tray and a cake for later. So nice to visit, the weather is just perfect----for now that is, rain n the way for Thursday and Friday.

April 21, 2016
12:33 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2034sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

A short time back I saw an on air presentation on one of the shopping channels of the George Foreman electric grill, I was so impressed with the grill, I started looking for them on line, I found them at a good price (cheaper than the on air price) and told my stepson about the grill and sent him the link to watch the video, he purchased one for me for an early Mothers Day gift. I put it together and was so excited to use it. We have a gas grill, but for  just the two us it is a pain, this grill us perfect and cooks so nicely. Tonight I am grilling chicken and squash slices, and am fixing a fresh fruit salad as a side. 

April 21, 2016
12:44 pm
quietstorm
Southern NH
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 252
2035sp_Permalink sp_Print

Swiss Steak, Tater-tots and corn with homemade Waterford Blaa rolls (still warm!!!!)

Alis volat propriis

April 25, 2016
12:35 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2036sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tonight we are having portobello mushroom "burgers", grilled corn on the cob and salad.

April 26, 2016
12:03 pm
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
2037sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last night, we had a visually appealing and tasty stir fry.  I used purple cauliflower (RIP Prince), roll cut carrots, fresh green beans, celery, mushrooms, onions and garlic. I parboiled the carrots and green beans which brightened the colors. I sauced it with a bit of vegetable stock, fresh grated ginger, a tiny bit of cocoa powder and espresso coffee granules, and cinnamon along with cornstarch to thicken. We passed on rice, just enjoyed the veggies. We ate with chop sticks which always is good for a laugh at the table. :)

April 27, 2016
9:11 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2038sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

The weather is miserable here today, I had hopes of cooking on the back porch grill, but not going to happen, so I am going to fix a meatloaf, sweet and sour beets and baked potatoes.

April 30, 2016
8:07 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2039sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Tonight we are having pizza--fixed on the grill. Our super market carries a take and bake pizza made by a well know pizza chain, I purchase one for about $7 and add  the extra toppings we like and cook it on our electric grill, best pizza ever,  I know it how it was prepared and it arrives hot to our table.

May 2, 2016
8:04 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members

happy-flower

Tonight we are having grilled pork steaks, grilled pineapple and salad. If you have never grilled pineapple to have with you BBQ dishes, it is delicious, I use the canned pineapple slices, drain them well to remove the juice, blot with paper towels and sprinkle them well with brown sugar on both sides and let them set for about 20 mins or so, grill on each sides on a hot grill for about 6 mins. I am using an electric grill.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2474

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7395

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3490

Newest Members:

Stacy B from Harmony, Rain_1, fowlplayfun, Trudy_2, sonia_1, pattijeand

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact