A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's for Dinner?
March 14, 2018
12:50 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2695
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2241sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Tonight we are having a picnic in our kitchen. I have been a bit under the weather, I injured my back and have been doing very little, our dear neighbor is bringing fried chicken, baked beans, cole slaw and cream pie. How blessed we are.

So happy to see Suzanne posting again, I know exactly what she is feeling, I went through something very similar, not through an accident but an illness, even though medication is helping my dear Hubby and he will get better in time I treasure everyday he is well and fear every night, we find how much we love a person when we fear we may loose them and when you my age you feel it even more. Love should never be taken for granted but appreciated every day and hold on to it will all of our might.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

March 23, 2018
5:07 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2242sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Tonight we are having chili from the freezer---love those prepare ahead meals, although we are running out of them, I'll have to start replacing them soon, for a bit later in the evening we are having peach cobbler that I made this morning, I like to let some vanilla ice cream melt and pour that over my cobbler.

March 28, 2018
2:15 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2243sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Tonight we are having taco salads---I make a "bowl" using those huge tortillas from the store and then layer lettuce and all of the things that go into a taco, add guacamole and sour cream on top.

April 5, 2018
9:38 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2244sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerTonight we are having roasted chicken with pan dressing and steamed kale and apple pie for later.

April 7, 2018
3:15 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2245sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Tonight we are having steak sandwiches. We share a steak when we have them and even them there are sometimes left over, so I am fixing onion, green peppers and a few mushrooms in a bit of butter putting that along with the steak slices on a toasted bun top with some provolone cheese, wrapping the sandwiches in foil and putting them in the oven for a bit.

April 13, 2018
3:41 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2246sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Tonight we are having a nice big salad, it has been so warm here today--77 degrees we just sat out side on the porch and enjoyed the sun----before the rain and snow returns.

April 15, 2018
2:49 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2247sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Just a lazy rainy day here. Not in the mood to d a lot of cooking, so dinner will be sloppy joes and chips, I did make a chocolate pie, that will be a snack for later.

April 17, 2018
8:33 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2248sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Woke up to a cold overcast day with snow falling, just the kind of day I love to cook and bake. I am baking bread today to try the cast iron bread pans that my Son gave me, I have always used glass pans so I am anxious to see how they bake. I am also baking a cherry pie and making a good size pan of sloppy joes for him to put in his freezer. 

Our dinner will be meatloaf, mashed potatoes and red cabbage---one of my favorite  meals  it reminds me of my Mom and Grandmother, just the kind of day that makes me happy.

April 21, 2018
10:55 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2249sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

A nice day here today so we will try to bit of yard work so tonight's fare will consist of bbq (from the freezer) sandwiches and cole slaw. Ice cream for those wanting a sweet snack later.

April 24, 2018
10:51 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2250sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Pain and a bit cooler and windy, a good day to do as little as possible, dinner tonight will be cabbage roll casserole and mashed potatoes, lemon pie for later.

June 29, 2018
9:15 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2251sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

This evening we are having steak, mushrooms and baked potatoes for dinner, a little celebration.wink

July 4, 2018
7:35 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2252sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flower

Today we are having BBQ ribs, made in the slow cooker. Yesterday I made potato salad, baked beans-- baked some brownies and made a cherry delight, so no major cooking today, just relax and keep cool, the weather here as in many places, has been almost unbearable, so very hot and humid it is nearly impossible to be outside for any length of time. We manage to mow the grass in the evening but no trimming---just to hot.

July 4, 2018
11:49 pm
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 940
2253sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep, that's the way it is here.  Hubby managed to get the front and back yard mowed but no trimming.  Maybe tomorrow a.m.  

Our son and family were here tonight so dinner was bbqd chicken legs, potato salad, green grape salad, baked beans, cucumber, 2 ways and brownies for dessert.

July 16, 2018
7:30 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2254sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tonight we are having pizza from the pizza store, I had to go to the doctor today and was told to take it easy for a couple of days. We have not had pizza for a while so I am looking forward  to it.

July 16, 2018
7:33 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2255sp_Permalink sp_Print

mamajhk said
Yep, that's the way it is here.  Hubby managed to get the front and back yard mowed but no trimming.  Maybe tomorrow a.m.  

Our son and family were here tonight so dinner was bbqd chicken legs, potato salad, green grape salad, baked beans, cucumber, 2 ways and brownies for dessert.  

Hello mamajhk, you have missed. Your dinner sounds perfectly wonderful. Always nice to visit and have dinner with family.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
41 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2738

Joelle: 2695

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 7687

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3492

Newest Members:

Debiegch, Swisstoons, Robinm, adamlevine, Joe or Joseph. (I prefer Joe), knitcraze

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact