A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What's for Dinner?
December 16, 2018
1:18 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 2751
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

happy-flowerWhile sorting out the freezer and trying to organize items. I found a nice steak and will be fixing that today along with mushrooms and golden Yukon potatoes, simple but so good. Our Son dropped off a box of Claxton fruits cakes that be found at Sam's Club this morning, so we will have that and coffee later. I am one of those folks that really like good fruitcake. When I had the salon, one of our clients would bring in a big box of Claxton cakes that one of her organizations would sell though the holidays, that has been nearly 45 years ago and I look for them every year, I think they are the best.

"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some sort of battle."

January 16, 2019
11:59 am
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2282sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tonight we are having tacos and burritos weather here is unbelievable couldn't post on the what's your weather cuz it doesn't seem to be working we have ice covered everything very very cold and we are expecting 3 to 5 in of snow Friday night and another six to eight in on Saturday night with ice on top of that it's been really really bad here it seems like winter hit us all at once and it came with a vengeance thank goodness I don't really need too many groceries I could use some milk and eggs but I guess you can do without as long as everything else is okay that's just the small stuff if you're living somewhere where the storm is being thrust upon you please be careful.

February 19, 2019
7:42 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 183
2283sp_Permalink sp_Print

Didn't have any dinner tonight (had homemade pizza at the deli today) but I was definitely being bad and had a cup of tea, two homemade chocolate chip cookies and a small square of homemade chocolate chip brownie.  It sure tasted good but now I'm chastising myself for eating sweets.  I need to lose at least 15 pounds but it's so hard to do I don't seem to have the will power right now.  When lent comes I plan on giving up desserts so I guess I may as well eat what I want now.

March 8, 2019
3:09 pm
Joelle
Superstar
Members
2284sp_Permalink sp_Print

happy-flowerAnother weird weather da here, snow is starting to melt and temps rising, rain and more winds on the way. Last week we lost a tree and had wind damage to our house, a costly week for sure, so I am not looking forward to this weekend of rain and gusting winds.

Tonight for dinner I am fixing pan tried pork chops, gravy, boiled red potatoes, green beans, fried apples and cheddar biscuits This morning I baked brownies and made shortcake to have with strawberries for later. I am looking forward to doing some cooking and baking this weekend to keep busy. 

Weather channel is saying more storms for folks in the South, please remember them in your prayers.   Thank you.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
37 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Joelle: 2751

Leahld22: 2738

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 9563

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3493

Newest Members:

jelliesinsenda, Fedyahinsenda, keenankemp2173, gtnhfrfinsenda, pollystrempel, senyuhinsenda

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact