If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!
"It was a cold wintry day when I brought my children to live in rural West Virginia. The farmhouse was one hundred years old, there was already snow on the ground, and the heat was sparse-—as was the insulation. The floors weren’t even, either. My then-twelve-year-old son walked in the door and said, “You’ve brought us to this slanted little house to die." Keep reading our story....
- Loved coming across this post nearly 4 years late! 84 stories added to the post! So cool! Kinda proves how important bean culture is. I cook other kinds sometimes, but what I always crave are pintos... - PaulaA on A Pot of Beans
- Shaw's Geneva, 1939:
She: No hanky panky. I am respectable; and I mean to keep respectable.
He: I pledge you my word that my intentions are completely honorable.
:devil2:... - Dumbcatluvr on Dating Update
- Wow! I came for a recipe for homemade yellow cake mix and have decided I may just move in with you! Your little area sounds absolutely delightful! The husband and I long for something more simple, jus... - AmandaW on The Slanted Little House
- :wave: Hi Suzanne
I made attempted your vanilla sugar dreams soap. I didn't know which way I'd like more CP or HP so I did it both ways. At trace a took some soap aside and put it into molds to go ... - amysapothecary on How to Make Soap
- Hi Suzanne
I made attempted your vanilla sugar dreams soap. I didn't know which way I'd like more CP or HP so I did it both ways. At trace a took some soap aside and put it into molds to go the CP ... - amysapothecary on How to Make Soap
- :ladybug: I love natural gardening....never have really liked a regimented, formal look. I seek to replace grass with naturally-growing wildflowers, intentionally planted perennials, and shrubbery fo... - EMarie on Natural Gardening
I startrd going natural a few years ago---gardening that is. I dont really like the look of a "formal" flower garden. Most of my gardens are flowers that friends have given me and ... - Joell on Natural Gardening
- I'm also a fan of natural gardening. Might as well go with the flow anyway! I never can tell which are the weeds.
Love your big blue ladybug! Did you make it?... - brookdale on Natural Gardening
- Our goats have been escaping lately too. Maybe the planets are aligned funny?... - gardnerh on Here They Are Again
- Don't ya just love that phrase "hanky-panky". Wonder where it came from. I am assuming that is the Mister on the left, as you said Glory Bee was somewhat "more full-figured" ahem. I hope things work o... - emmachisett on Dating Update
And she's ornery. Read my barnyard stories!
Entire Contents © Copyright 2004-2013 Chickens in the Road, Inc.
Text and photographs may not be published, broadcast, redistributed or aggregated without express permission. Thank you.