If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!
"It was a cold wintry day when I brought my children to live in rural West Virginia. The farmhouse was one hundred years old, there was already snow on the ground, and the heat was sparse-—as was the insulation. The floors weren’t even, either. My then-twelve-year-old son walked in the door and said, “You’ve brought us to this slanted little house to die." Keep reading our story....
- While rafting on the Chattahoochee River near Atlanta many years ago, I did one of the stupid things! These were self-guided rafts, hundreds of people going from one end to the other on days the rive... - NancyL on Rafting on the New River
- I've rafted on the Ocoee River, through the manmade section where they held the Olympic Kayaking in '96. Those are some serious Class IV rapids! Having a good river guide will increase your chances ... - wildcat on Rafting on the New River
- Welcome back! But I just read that Spencer had flooding again today, so hope you still have power and phone. After no power or phone for 11 days after hurricane Isabel, I went with wireless internet... - Dghawk on Back to Normal, Mostly
- My sister and I were excellent at forging signatures. We were so good that we had people on the bus lining up to get us to forge their parents' signatures--without us even knowing what the signatures ... - Kieran on Just One More
- Oh good, you'll be able to answer a long time question I've had - how do people stay IN the raft. I think there must be a bit of magic going on cause they're not strapped in!... - Jane L on Back to Normal, Mostly
- This was so much fun! Our fifteen minutes of fame. ;-) Thank you for not posting my pic (just my hands). Much appreciated!... - denisestone on Homemade Soft Pretzels
- Heidi, the recipes are very similar I think, although I am not home to look at mine at the moment, but I do remember that mine uses brown sugar instead of white. Don't think that would make much of a... - jokuti on Homemade Soft Pretzels
- You are braver than me, too. :dancingmonster:
Have a great time and be safe! :snoopy:... - yvonnem on Back to Normal, Mostly
- You are way braver than me. My son and I went tubing once in Helen Georgia. That's the roughest water I want to be in.... - jeri starcher on Back to Normal, Mostly
- Just saw a PBS p'gram about New River Gorge S.P. and rafting. Looks like you guys should have one heck of a good time! You all deserve it. (Having the three young adults together will get rarer and r... - bonita on Back to Normal, Mostly
And she's ornery. Read my barnyard stories!
Entire Contents © Copyright 2004-2013 Chickens in the Road, Inc.
Text and photographs may not be published, broadcast, redistributed or aggregated without express permission. Thank you.