My 12 Favorite Kitchen Tools:
1) My grandmother’s rolling pin. If only I could make pie crust like she did with it….
2) Garlic press. I hardly ever use it, but it is so cool. :yes:
3) Pizza cutter. Used to, I didn’t even know there was such a thing. I used to cut pizzas with a knife. ::gasp:: I love pizza cutters! They’re fun. They roll! LOL.
4) The pretty spoon rest that matches my Texas wildflower pottery.
5) Apple corer. It’s like the pizza cutter–it makes life easier and it’s fun!
6) Lemon press. Another fun tool. Makes me want to make something with lemons just looking at it.
7) My grandmother’s wooden spoons. (Need I say more?)
8) Kitchen scissors. This is the best pair of kitchen scissors I’ve ever had. Use them almost daily. It’s the crime of all crimes if one of the kids tries to take off with them. And they do. And no one can rest until the guilty party coughs them up and returns them.
9) Potato peeler. There are good potato peelers and bad potato peelers. This one is a good one and I love it.
10) My bread knife. It’s old and nothing fancy, but it feels just right in my hand. I blow off fancier bread knives to use it every time.
11) Calphalon stainless steel spatula. I love my Calphalon….and my Viking. Yes, sometimes I can be a kitchen snob even when I prefer my old no-name bread knife at the same time.
12) My grandmother’s teaspoons. My daughter calls these the grandmother spoons. She loves to use them for hot chocolate.:heart:
What are your kitchen tool favorites?
Tori Lennox says:
How’d you manage to go through life without discovering the wonder that is a pizza cutter???
As for coughing up kitchen scissors… that sounds REALLY painful. :rotfl:
On November 9, 2006 at 12:57 pm
Now that I live by myself the tool favourite for me is the Microwave………. :rotfl:
On November 9, 2006 at 2:40 pm
I love my pasta tongs!:heart:
On November 9, 2006 at 4:48 pm
My cheese grater 🙂
On November 9, 2006 at 8:19 pm
I have those adjustable measuring spoons from Pampered Chef–in one spoon, you can adjust it for all the 1/2’s and such. LOVE THEM!
On November 9, 2006 at 8:23 pm
Meretta ~ American Title Finalist says:
Definitely the double sided measuring spoons and my strainer and my can opener that cuts the lid completely off the can.
And my dishwasher. The most marvelous invention ever!
On November 10, 2006 at 12:14 am
Kitchen shears, potato peeler, metal tongs, and a hard-boiled egg cutter. Not that I’ve ever used it, but it looks so cool. :bananadance:
On November 10, 2006 at 6:47 am
Shari C says:
I definitely enjoy my microwave and my slow cooker, but my favorite kitchen item is an old waffle iron that belonged to my grandmother and then was given to my mother and she passed it on to me. Every time I make waffles I think of them and all the happy moments we spent enjoying those waffles and the love that went into each and every one we made.
On November 10, 2006 at 8:11 am
Angie T says:
My Pampered Chef baking stones!
On November 10, 2006 at 11:56 am
Love my garlic press!
I have definite apple corer envy. My friend assures me she’ll order me one at her next party.
I also have grandmother rolling pin envy. Maybe it’s time to dig through the box o’ stuff from That Man’s grandmother.
On November 10, 2006 at 6:07 pm