My 12 Favorite Kitchen Tools:
1) My grandmother’s rolling pin. If only I could make pie crust like she did with it….
2) Garlic press. I hardly ever use it, but it is so cool. :yes:
3) Pizza cutter. Used to, I didn’t even know there was such a thing. I used to cut pizzas with a knife. ::gasp:: I love pizza cutters! They’re fun. They roll! LOL.
4) The pretty spoon rest that matches my Texas wildflower pottery.
5) Apple corer. It’s like the pizza cutter–it makes life easier and it’s fun!
6) Lemon press. Another fun tool. Makes me want to make something with lemons just looking at it.
7) My grandmother’s wooden spoons. (Need I say more?)
8) Kitchen scissors. This is the best pair of kitchen scissors I’ve ever had. Use them almost daily. It’s the crime of all crimes if one of the kids tries to take off with them. And they do. And no one can rest until the guilty party coughs them up and returns them.
9) Potato peeler. There are good potato peelers and bad potato peelers. This one is a good one and I love it.
10) My bread knife. It’s old and nothing fancy, but it feels just right in my hand. I blow off fancier bread knives to use it every time.
11) Calphalon stainless steel spatula. I love my Calphalon….and my Viking. Yes, sometimes I can be a kitchen snob even when I prefer my old no-name bread knife at the same time.
12) My grandmother’s teaspoons. My daughter calls these the grandmother spoons. She loves to use them for hot chocolate.:heart:
What are your kitchen tool favorites?