How to cook (and eat) Artichokes!
Servings: as much as you makeCook Time: 45-50 min
1. Submerge completely in water. Use a smaller pan lid to hold them under water, if necessary.
2. Boil 45-50 minutes, or until tough outer leaves pull off easily.
3. Drain completely.
4. Pull off leaves, dip in favorite dips (garlic butter, mustard, mayo, vinegar).
5. Scrape tender part of leaves clean with your teeth.
6. Do not eat spiny parts or pokey undeveloped petals.
7. Scrape out spines, enjoy the heart of the artichoke.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.