This is a great breakfast dish – good enough for company.
Servings: 10Prep Time: 2 1/2 hours Cook Time: 50 minutes
12 slices dry white bread, cut into ½ cubes (8 cups)
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 cups milk
½ cup maple syrup
1. Place half of the bread cubes over the bottom of a well-buttered 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
2. Sprinkle cream cheese and blueberries over bread cubes.
3. Arrange remaining bread cubes over blueberries.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the milk and syrup. Beat. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
5. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake about 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted comes out clean and topping is puffed and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
6. Serve warm with additional maple syrup or blueberry-flavored syrup.
Adapted from “Taste of the Midwest” by Midwest Living
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.