I found this at allrecipes and had a wonderful response from FabHub and the people at work. They take a while to make because of the chilling and freezing periods, but the time is well spent since the balls stay together with out leaving crumbs in the melted chocolate. Be creative and mix any cake and flavor of frosting. You can’t hardly go wrong.
Servings: 20 to 40 depends on ball size
1 (18.25 oz) Cake mix (or at least a 9×13 pan of homemade cake)
1 16 oz container of frosting
Chocolate to coat the cake balls
1. Bake the cake according to instructions. I made a yellow cake.
2. Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes and then break it apart into little pieces.
3. Mix in container of frosting until well blended. I used strawberries and cream.
4. Refrigerate the blended mix for at least 3 hours (overnight is good).
5. Scoop some cake mix and roll into a bite size ball – like making meatballs.
6. Freeze the cake balls until solid.
7. Melt the chocolate.
8. Use a toothpick to pick up the balls and coat them with the chocolate and place them on wax paper to dry.
9. Melt another color of chocolate and drizzle over the cake balls.
Tags: Christmas Cookie
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.