Another Light Brownie recipe. The meringue on top makes them stand out from regular brownies. This is my Mom’s recipe. We’re not sure where she got it from, but possibly from my Aunt.
Servings: 20Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 cup Butter
½ cup Sugar
½ cup Brown Sugar
2 Egg Yolks, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
12 oz Chocolate Chips
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 Egg Whites
1. Cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg yolks, water and vanilla.
2. When mixed, add the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
3. Spread in a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle chips over top of brownie batter and press down.
4. Now make the meringue. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add brown sugar to egg whites. Spread mixture smoothly over top of batter and chips.
6. Bake 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.