This is really good! Passes the Gma test…
Adapted from “Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast” by Martha Stewart Living kitchens.
Servings: 8Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
1/2 cup Olive Oil, plus more for pan
1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Yellow Cornmeal
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
Finely grated zest of 1 orange, lemon
2 Large Eggs
1 cup Sugar, plus 1/3 cup for topping
1/2 cup Liquid – Orange Juice or Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan or pie plate with oil; cut a circle (measure pan) out of waxed paper, place on the bottom of the pan and brush with oil. (Do this step or it will stick to the pan)
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and orange zest. In a smaller bowl, mix together oil, eggs, 1 cup sugar, and the orange juice. Add to the flour mixture and fold in.
3. Pour batter into your pan; sprinkle with 1/3 cup of sugar – it will be thick. Don’t worry.
4. Bake for approx 35-40 minutes. Check to see if it’s done with a toothpick.
5. Cool for 20 minutes. Loosen by running a knife along edges. Put a plate upside-down on top of cake and invert cake. Invert again onto a wire rack. (The sugar should be on top) Allow to fully cool.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.