Beef roast seasoned and slow cooked. My son the picky eater loves it when I make this!
Servings: 8Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 10-12 hours
1 2-3 lb rump or arm roast
1 package taco seasoning
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 small can diced green chiles
1 can water
1. Roughly chop one medium onion and put in crock pot.
2. Rub one packet of taco seasoning all over rump roast and toss the roast in the pot on top of the onions.
3. Add Ro-tel tomatoes, diced chiles, can of water and cover.
4. Cook on low for 10-12 hours. Remove roast from crock and shred with hands or two forks.
5. Remove some of the liquid from the crock and put the shredded meat back in. I do this by eye, I don’t want it too watery, but I don’t want the shredded meat to dry out, either.
6. Let the shredded beef simmer for about 30-45 minutes in the leftover liquid with the onions, tomatoes and chiles.
7. Serve with flour tortillas, refried beans and your favorite burrito fixings.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.