Comes in handy if you or anyone you know has a fig tree!
Servings: 10 half pintsPrep Time: 2 mins Cook Time: 15 mins, including BWB
5 c. fresh figs
1 1/2 c. lemon juice
8 c. sugar
1 package low-sugar Sure-Jel
1) Wash fruit, cut in half. Cover with water. Bring to boil and cook until tender – drain in colander lined with cheesecloth or coffee filter.
2) Reserve fruit for jam.
3) Bring 4 cups liquid from figs to boil with 1 1/2 cups lemon juice and pectin.
4) Bring to a rolling boil, then add sugar – stir constantly.
5) Bring to boil again and boil 1 minute.
6) Ladle hot jelly into hot jars. Process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.