This is such an easy recipe and very adaptable to whatever fruit you have on hand.
Servings: 8Prep Time: 20 Cook Time: 60
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup + 2 Tbls sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ pounds sliced, cubed fruit – peaches, mango, nectarine, or whole berries
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9×9 square cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt
3. In another bowl, cream together butter and ¾ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
4. Gradually add in the flour mixture, beating until well mixed together. Gently fold in fruit.
5. Pour batter into pan, spreading it out evenly.
6. Mix the 2 Tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
7. Bake approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.