Stewed gizzards, in a gravy, we serve over instant rice.
2 lbs gizzards and hearts
2 tbsp flour
1. Brown in dutch oven in shortening/oil for awhile, pour in warm water in to cover.
2. Cover pot. (Add more water as they cook) Start hi, cook slow – simmer.
3. After they’re done (about 2 hours) put soy sauce in (quite a bit till tasty) some pepper.
4. Then take 2 tbsp flour w/ water mix well in separate bowl. Put in with gizzards, stir.
5. Turn up to hi to thicken, always stirring. (Not a lot of flour.)
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.