Uses nuts and other ingredients.
Servings: 5 loavesPrep Time: 1 hr Cook Time: 1 hr
2 lbs pitted dates
1/2 lb candied green cherries
1/2 lb candied red cherries
1/2 lb candied pineapple
1 lb brazil nuts
1 lb pecan halves
1/2 lb candied orange peel (or citron)
1-1/2 cup flour
1-1/2 cup sugar
1 t baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 ounce rum
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Halve the dates and cherries. Add pineapple and orange peel and rum. Let soak for 30 minutes.
3. Add nuts and stir until evenly distributed.
4. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together and sprinkle over fruit and nut mixture coating all pieces.
5. Beat eggs until lemon-colored and pour over other ingredients until all pieces are wet and no dry flour remains.
6. Grease 5 – 3×6 mini loaf pans and line bottom with parchment paper and grease that as well – this mixture is extremely sticky. Press fruitcake mixture into pans and bake in 325 oven for 1 hour – remove and allow to cool.
7. May be easier to remove from pans while still slightly warm. Also you can brush daily with rum for 3 or 4 days before serving. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap.
Categories: Fruit Breads
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.