This is a simple and easy dish to prepare. I use larger squash so the meal goes further. In winter, I use one can diced tomatoes and a large teaspoon of dried basil (not ground–use less if ground). For the pasta, I like corkscrew or bows.
Servings: 8 servingsPrep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes approx
2 cups uncooked pasta
1 arge Italian turkey sausage
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 onion, diced
2 small zucchini, chopped
2 small yellow (summer) squash, chopped
6 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
20 fresh basil leaves
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 cubes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta al dente
2) Cook onions and garlic in small amount of olive oil.
3) Add sausage and cook until done. Drain.
4) Add squash, tomatoes, pepper (optional), basil, and bouillon.
5) Cook 10 minutes (or more if desired). Add pasta and cheese; heat through.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.