My mom made these all the time growing up. So good! And so easy.
Servings: 10Prep Time: 45 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
4 cups flour
8 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons sugar
8 tablespoons Crisco
1 1/2 cup milk
1 lb lean hamburger
1 lb sausage
1. For blankets: Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Cut in shortening. Add milk. Mix into a dough.
2. Roll out part of the dough thinly into a rectangle. Cut into 3×4 rectangles.
3. For pigs: Mix meat together with seasonings. Make small sausages out of the meat – about 3-4 tablespoons worth.
4. Place one sausage on each rectangle. Roll up ends first, then sides. Seal with milk.
5. Place in 9×13 pan side by side. Brush tops with milk. Continue until all dough is used.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Can be frozen. Serve with ketchup and mustard.
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo here:
Make sure the page has finished loading before you upload a photo.
Max photo size is 512KB. The best size to upload is 500 x 375 pixels.
By uploading a photo, you attest that this photo belongs to you. If you are uploading a photo that does not belong to you, please provide documentation that you have permission to use the photo to FBRblog(at)yahoo.com or the photo will not be approved.