Chickens in the Road Forum

A A A
Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —




— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
What are you doing with your day?
July 2, 2009
3:36 pm
Avatar
GeorgiaZ
Guest
Guests

So far today, Ive tended to all the chickens, watered the plants in the back desert, uh yard, laundry, dishes, cut my hair, cut dads hair…thats about it. John just walked in from school and is watching tennis, so I came in here. Just cant stand tv this early in the day.

July 2, 2009
6:06 pm
Avatar
CindyP
Hart, MI
Admin
Forum Posts: 7942
Member Since:
October 17, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Grandbaby #2 stayed with us yesterday afternoon and last night until 2:45 this afternoon……..I played alot!!!!  and I just got up from a 3 hour nap!!!  (yes, I don't even think the car was out of the driveway and I was sleeping Laugh)

“Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.”  ― Alfred Sheinwold

July 2, 2009
8:23 pm
Avatar
IowaDeb
Quad City Area
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 713
Member Since:
September 1, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I had my grandkids last weekend and I still haven't recovered ..been draggin all week. Today I managed to pull, pick and poke in the garden and flower beds.. thought it was going to put me under!

Sometimes,I live in my own little world, but it's okay because they know me here.

July 2, 2009
8:59 pm
Avatar
beeyourself
Guest
Guests

I'm glad it didn't Deb!  Good to see you back!

I ran to various appointments all morning…I semi wilted this afternoon…we had dinner out tonight…dancing is next.

July 2, 2009
9:13 pm
Avatar
Jayne
Guest
Guests

Welcome back Deb! We missed you.

Having a quiet evening with the hubby.  I came home from work (they let us go early) and I took a good two hour nap.  I must have been exhausted. 

We're watching Burn Notice. This could be addicting.

July 2, 2009
9:51 pm
Avatar
IowaDeb
Quad City Area
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 713
Member Since:
September 1, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks Guys…we have a lawn care/snow removal service and it's been pretty busy around around here this time of year so I've been helping out. We've also had a lot of wind and storms come through here and if I wasn't mowing I busy chopping up tree limbs. Seems like I've been in read only mode forever!

Sometimes,I live in my own little world, but it's okay because they know me here.

July 2, 2009
9:56 pm
Avatar
WV_Hills
Guest
Guests

IowaDeb said:

Thanks Guys…we have a lawn care/snow removal service and it's been pretty busy around around here this time of year so I've been helping out. We've also had a lot of wind and storms come through here and if I wasn't mowing I busy chopping up tree limbs. Seems like I've been in read only mode forever!


I had to stop and think about this one for a minute.  Snow removal and pretty busy just didn't compute.  I'm a little slow on the uptake this evening.  Of course it's the lawn care season, isn't it.  Where did winter go?

July 2, 2009
9:57 pm
Avatar
beeyourself
Guest
Guests

It's ok Kathy…I was going to put…toilet paper…under the pantry items.

It's the heat.

I roasted today…and my brain melted.

July 2, 2009
10:02 pm
Avatar
WV_Hills
Guest
Guests

beeyourself said:

It's ok Kathy…I was going to put…toilet paper…under the pantry items.

It's the heat.

I roasted today…and my brain melted.


You are going to hate me when I tell you it was chilly enough this morning I actually thought about lighting the wall heater in the bathroom.  The high today was about 72 with 15 minutes of rain morning and evening.  It's a burden putting up with this kind of weather.

July 2, 2009
10:27 pm
Avatar
Shells
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Superstar
Chickens
Forum Posts: 1184
Member Since:
February 8, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I puttered and did a few things … got Abby (the springer) groomed and she looks oh-so-cute now, and smells much better, and I got the tires on my bike inflated properly so I can ride it this weekend, did some laundry, some groceries …. few things in the yard.

And this evening I am watching a dvd on an ethics course I am taking at the hospital … its pretty dry but very interesting all the same.

July 2, 2009
10:36 pm
Avatar
beeyourself
Guest
Guests

WV_Hills said:

beeyourself said:

It's ok Kathy…I was going to put…toilet paper…under the pantry items.

It's the heat.

I roasted today…and my brain melted.


You are going to hate me when I tell you it was chilly enough this morning I actually thought about lighting the wall heater in the bathroom.  The high today was about 72 with 15 minutes of rain morning and evening.  It's a burden putting up with this kind of weather.


No…mom already told me it was chilly today.  She probably had the heat on…you know, the damp chill…well, I can't remember that feeling right now!

July 2, 2009
10:38 pm
Avatar
quietstorm
Southern NH
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 252
Member Since:
February 10, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Shells said:

I puttered and did a few things … got Abby (the springer) groomed and she looks oh-so-cute now, and smells much better, and I got the tires on my bike inflated properly so I can ride it this weekend, did some laundry, some groceries …. few things in the yard.

And this evening I am watching a dvd on an ethics course I am taking at the hospital … its pretty dry but very interesting all the same.


Shells, how is magoo?  any new pictures of him? he is such a cutie

Alis volat propriis

July 3, 2009
1:33 am
Avatar
Kimmie
Australia
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 45
Member Since:
June 29, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Georgia I will pm you how to make it as I am not sure where to post the recipe.

Hope you have all had lovely days!

Happy 4th of July to you all!

July 3, 2009
7:36 am
Avatar
Salamander
Charleston, WV
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 1056
Member Since:
August 15, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have to work todayHissy Fit but am off Saturday and SundayYes.

The person who upsets you the most is your best teacher, because they bring you face to face with who you are.

July 3, 2009
7:51 am
Avatar
Suzanne McMinn
Sassafras Farm in Roane County, WV
Admin
Forum Posts: 7368
Member Since:
May 14, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We're taking Coco to the vet today.  (Regular checkup, shots, etc.)  Taking Coco to the vet is ridiculous.  I might as well say I'm going to take the house to the vet.  I had an appt earlier in the week and cancelled it to remake it for today when 52 could go with me after I chickened out on trying to manage her on my own.

She does NOT want to get into the car.  And she weighs like 100 pounds probably so it's not like I can MAKE her.

Clover made me do it.

July 3, 2009
8:16 am
Avatar
CindyP
Hart, MI
Admin
Forum Posts: 7942
Member Since:
October 17, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Suzanne said:

We're taking Coco to the vet today.  (Regular checkup, shots, etc.)  Taking Coco to the vet is ridiculous.  I might as well say I'm going to take the house to the vet.  I had an appt earlier in the week and cancelled it to remake it for today when 52 could go with me after I chickened out on trying to manage her on my own.

She does NOT want to get into the car.  And she weighs like 100 pounds probably so it's not like I can MAKE her.


Dog treats (or cookies) tossed in ahead of her and hurry and shut the door!  That's how John gets our 90# lab into the tub for a bath!! Laugh

“Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.”  ― Alfred Sheinwold

July 3, 2009
8:28 am
Avatar
CindyP
Hart, MI
Admin
Forum Posts: 7942
Member Since:
October 17, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Grocery shopping day………Hissy Fit  I should have done it earlier in the week, but just didn't make myself do it, now the stores are probably going to be filled with tourists!  Silver Lake, Pentwater, and Ludington are filled to over capacity with people and the Rothbury Festival is this weekend, too……lots and lots of people!

“Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.”  ― Alfred Sheinwold

July 3, 2009
8:57 am
Avatar
beeyourself
Guest
Guests

Suzanne said:

We're taking Coco to the vet today.  (Regular checkup, shots, etc.)  Taking Coco to the vet is ridiculous.  I might as well say I'm going to take the house to the vet.  I had an appt earlier in the week and cancelled it to remake it for today when 52 could go with me after I chickened out on trying to manage her on my own.

She does NOT want to get into the car.  And she weighs like 100 pounds probably so it's not like I can MAKE her.


I cannot imagine trying to wrestle a dog that large into a space it didn't want to go!

I tell my Sass…we're going for a car ride…and she is at the door…through the door…and waiting at the car.  The other day I didn't have the door to her kennel open, so she patiently waited for me.  I'm usually taking her to the vet or the groomer…it's not like we go anywhere exciting…although she goes on all trips with us…so maybe she hopes each time for adventure?

Today we're all over the map – literally.  I have things to return, a vacuum to drop off for service, we're helping our son hang pictures in his apartment…I'm starting the day with a headache – and exercise.  That car wreck was a blessing – as it got me working out…but a curse in that (who wants to have one?) and I think I'll be exercising for the rest of my life…on one hand, I know I need to…on the other…would have been nicer if it had been a choice!

Semi done grumping for the day…

Need groceries too…it's going to be a long day.

July 3, 2009
9:00 am
Avatar
Suzanne McMinn
Sassafras Farm in Roane County, WV
Admin
Forum Posts: 7368
Member Since:
May 14, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That's like Dookie.  He can hardly contain himself if I get out the leash.  Then he knows he's going for a car ride.  His favorite thing!  And he walks on a leash wonderfully.  Coco practically has to be sedated and lifted into the car on a crane.

Clover made me do it.

July 3, 2009
9:03 am
Avatar
Jayne
Guest
Guests

CindyP said:

Grocery shopping day………Hissy Fit  I should have done it earlier in the week, but just didn't make myself do it, now the stores are probably going to be filled with tourists!  Silver Lake, Pentwater, and Ludington are filled to over capacity with people and the Rothbury Festival is this weekend, too……lots and lots of people!


My BFF is from Ludington and home this weekend!!!  Say Hi to her if you see her! LOL!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
22 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Joelle: 2759

Leahld22: 2738

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 11722

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3495

Posts: 67385

Newest Members:

Professionaloxm, Minelabpul, OpheliaChamy, LeonardThoub, HowardPak, Robertnap

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921





Sign up for the Chickens in the Road Newsletter





Sections

  1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm






If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!


Forum Buzz



Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact