A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Christmas gift swap 2011
December 6, 2011
12:30 pm
lauren
VA
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 41
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

Deb (thistlewoodmanor) Im so glad you liked your gift :)

December 6, 2011
1:55 pm
suziQ
NC
Banty
Members
Forum Posts: 10
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here is a photo of the beautiful trio of gifts I received from [email protected] yesterday.  I love them!  Carolyn, I hope it's okay, but I am using the photo from your blog.  Thanks again!  By the way, have you received your gift yet?  I am so hoping it got there in one piece!!

Image Enlarger

December 6, 2011
2:38 pm
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 127
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

JeannieB said:

I sent my gift UPS yesterday,  and I received my gift also.  Ameryal send a delightful package with handmade cards, some beautiful soaps and cuticle oil.  Boy do I need the cuticle oil for my nubby fingers.  I can't even find my camera right now, but the soaps were in little jelly jars with Christmas fabric on top and ribbons.   Thanks so much!!!

I'm glad you received your gift alright. I'm so happy that you liked the cuticle oil. I kinda overscented it so you could also use it as a solid perfume. happy-flowerI received your gift today. All I can say is WOW! I really needed that. Thanks ever so much.

To everyone else, JeannieB sent me a bunch of lovely crocheted washcloths, an apron, a pair of crocheted slippers and quilted tote bag. It was very generous. I was wanting an apron and some more washcloths, but I can't crochet right now due to pregnancy aggravated carpal tunnel. Needless to say (but I'm going to anyhow) I really love it. Thanks.

Image Enlarger

December 6, 2011
2:54 pm
Carolyn at WalnutSpinney
Shenandoah Valley
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 125
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am thrilled to report that I received a beautiful pine cone wreath from my swap partner, SusieQ!  It arrived last evening via UPS and came in a handy wreath storage box so I have a safe place to keep it between display seasons.  (Tho I think it will stay up at least till spring is well-advanced!)Image Enlarger

Here's a picture of it hanging in the living room. I'll be adding a poinsettia or Christmas arrangement and candles below the wreath this weekend when we put up the rest of our indoor decorations.  Thank you very much, SusieQ!  I love the wreath!

And, I'm glad you liked the gift I made for you.  I think it's neat that we both were thinking pine trees — in one form or another!

December 6, 2011
3:01 pm
Carolyn at WalnutSpinney
Shenandoah Valley
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 125
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, susieQ, I think we must have been posting at the same time — or, at least, I tried to post and then had some weird thing happening to the pic I was trying to post and it took me awhile to get it sorted out.

Yes, as I (finally got) posted above, the wreath arrived safe and sound and I knew just where I wanted to hang it.  Thank you!

December 6, 2011
4:43 pm
brookdale
Eastern Maine
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 563

Here’s a picture of my lovely gifts from Virginia Farmgirl. I love them!

Image Enlarger

Remember, if it rains on your picnic it's also raining on your garden!

December 7, 2011
12:05 pm
Virginia Farmgirl
Chesapeake, Virginia
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 16
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brookdale,

I'm really glad you like your gift, I love mine, too. I'm so glad you sent the recipe for the Chex Muddy Buddies, cause they are already history!!hungry

"Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication"

December 7, 2011
12:19 pm
Virginia Farmgirl
Chesapeake, Virginia
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 16
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

Yeah! Finally got this to work! Here's my beautiful package from Brookdale (before I ate the Muddy Buddies!)

"Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication"

December 7, 2011
2:48 pm
wickedgoodshari
DownEast Maine
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 102
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

So I just got my beautiful gifts from Debbie (dethomps)

There are two adorable ornaments (a mill and a walnut cradle) and some handmade greeting cards with envelopes.  I just love my box, Debbie, Thank you so much!

Image Enlarger

This was so much fun!  I'm glad I got to play along! hug

smiles,

Shari

…and then they bought the goat! :D

December 8, 2011
7:50 am
VAfarmer
Bristow, VA
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 28
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

YAY!  I got my gifts from Lizzie!  Thank you so much!  I got an assortment of lovely soaps, a WONDERFULLY scented lotion (I love this one, seriously!), and a jar of raspberry/blackberry jam.  I will attempt to take and post a picture tonight, but suffice to say I'm so excited :D

Lizzie – your package will be in the mail tonight. I'm so sorry it's gonna be late!  I was going to send it early last week but have been down with a terrible cold. I'll send you a PM with the tracking info!

Check out my new blog: 'Farmer Near the Big City'

http://www.hocknewberryfarm.we...../apps/blog

December 8, 2011
11:13 am
lauren
VA
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 41
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you!!! Deb (Thislewoodmanor) for the wonderful gift!! I love it so much :) The soaps smell soooo good and I cant wait to get into that Apple Butter :) Im not sure how you knew, guess a little birdy whispered in your ear lol, the pillow matches my living exactly and the potholder matches my kitchen!! the bumble bee tissue holder is just too cute!! its already in my purse :)

Image Enlarger

December 8, 2011
6:15 pm
CindyP
Hart, MI
Admin
Forum Posts: 7942
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got my box from Miss Judy!!!

Image Enlarger

There are 9 (yes, NINE!) jars of different jams!! 

I've only ever made peach jam, not ANY of the others.  I will be enjoying the jars of goodness, believe me.  In fact, I had a difficult time figuring which one to try first…I went with the Cranberry Pear Ambrosia.

Image EnlargerImage Enlarger

The potholders are just the cutest!  I love that type of print on the material…the name is leaving me right now…but that is the material I just love.   The potholders will NOT be used on a pot.  No, they are going to be hung at the top of my window.

Image Enlarger

And the notecards!  Wow!!  So many of them and they are just beautiful!  I love to do papercrafts, but just never seem to do them.  I have lots of things in my mind, but never have what I need to get them done….punches, stamps, etc.  I won't want to give them out, but I will happy-flower

Image Enlarger

This one is my favorite!

Thank you so much, Judy!!!  I will cherish these hug

“Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.”  ― Alfred Sheinwold

December 8, 2011
6:34 pm
CindyP
Hart, MI
Admin
Forum Posts: 7942
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Everyone's gifts are just beautiful!!!  Thank you, Astrid, for organizing this for us hug

“Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.”  ― Alfred Sheinwold

December 8, 2011
6:42 pm
Pete
WV
Moderators
Forum Posts: 8497
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Toile?

Ahhh.  It is sooo wonderful to see what everyone is getting and giving!  It always amazes how much fun it is sitting on the sidelines.  (Maybe next year I'll participate again.)

Just sitting here drooling over all the beautiful goodies!!  Ya did grandly my bfc's!!!

Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!

December 8, 2011
7:44 pm
Miss Judy
West Central MO
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 1499

Thank you for the kind words,CindyP….the Cranberry Pear Ambrosia is my least favorite ! Too sweet!  Glad you liked your gift.hug

December 8, 2011
8:10 pm
GrammieEarth
Nova Scotia, Canada
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 134
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks to Astrid for coordinating the swap!

Thanks to all that have posted photos of their gifts!

So much talent lives within CiTR!   =)

heart 's

Pam

If money was everything, the poor would never be happy and the rich would never be miserable. Author Unknown

December 8, 2011
9:25 pm
Grammie Cheryl
Banty
Members
Forum Posts: 4
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

I received a beautiful crafted glass winter scene (and a stand) to display from Kat43082!! its WAY TO BEAUTIFUL to pack away after Christmas, it's found a home, to be displayed year round!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH Kat43082!!!! 

(sorry, I'm a newbie, so I don't know how to post a picture)

December 8, 2011
9:53 pm
lizzie
Grass Valley
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 566
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

VAfarmer,

I am so glad you received your gift!!! I sent it out on the 1st of December and was wondering?  Do not worry about getting my gift in the mail, take care of yourself and get better.  The lotion is made out of shea butter, and almond oil, and does smell yummy, just for you!  Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!   snuggle

December 9, 2011
6:53 am
Kat43082
Central Arizona
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 106
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Grammie Cheryl said:

I received a beautiful crafted glass winter scene (and a stand) to display from Kat43082!! its WAY TO BEAUTIFUL to pack away after Christmas, it's found a home, to be displayed year round!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH Kat43082!!!! 

(sorry, I'm a newbie, so I don't know how to post a picture)

I'm so happy you received your gift (in one piece) and that you liked it.  Thank you for your kind words.hug Merry Christmas!!

Here's a picture:

Image Enlarger

December 9, 2011
8:23 am
mygirls01
Riverton, KS
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 57
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got a box full of yummy food stuffs!! I didn't get a picture because my hubby got the box before I got home so he had already got into it, lol! There was Cranberry bread, sweet potato biscuits, raisinnutty granola, whole wheat waffle mix, and my by far favorite orange almod biscotti (which my husband would like me to get the recipe for, lol)!!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
21 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Joelle: 2759

Leahld22: 2738

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 11931

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3495

Newest Members:

miachErunsenar, tourprofi, Wotgoldmig, Rogersweag, eduard-shir, KaterinaErunsenar

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact