A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Christmas gift swap 2011
December 9, 2011
11:38 am
laur
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 80
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

my pc is addled and virused  (  teen boys,  darnit )    so I'm hoping this goes thru from the library …

Landodixie Deb sent to me an EXTRAVAGANZA !   of delights …

pinot jelly,  cherry granola (  gone,  husband found it…and I wanted to save for christmas muffins  )    a lovely bag of gorgeaus lavender ! peanut butter fudge !    a hat that perfectly matches my brown coat…(  rust and brown and all shades inbetween )  …ogosh,  I hope I did not miss anything..I was surrounded by teen creatures who oohed and aahed  and would not stop sampling everything !

Thank you Thank you Thank you…it was such a serendipitious surprise !!!

laur from st. L.

December 9, 2011
10:02 pm
Miss Judy
West Central MO
Superstar
Members
Forum Posts: 1499
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

My gift arrived! happy-feetThanks so much CindyP!hug you are soooo talented. I'll try and post pics tomorrow. Everything is wonderful! I opened the box and the soaps smelled heavenly. i'll share more when I post the pic! This was so much fun…

Astrid, thanks for getting this organized.

December 10, 2011
1:26 am
CindyP
Hart, MI
Admin
Forum Posts: 7942
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm glad you like it! hug

“Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won’t have time to make them all yourself.”  ― Alfred Sheinwold

December 10, 2011
2:27 am
laur
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 80
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

oh,  and I forgot…SPICE mixes !  I am marinating beef for jerky in one right now !   I did one yesterday,  dehydrated and woke to find it half gone ! shame-on-you darn those teen boys !hissy-fit

Oh well,  they'll just get less in their Christmas baskets.   Good thing I have that sealer.  They wouldn't dare open those  jars on Christmas eve,  would they?lips-are-sealed

I'll never know.

laur

December 11, 2011
11:10 am
Kat43082
Central Arizona
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 106
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

HoHoHo, my CITR Santa arrived.  I got my wonderful present from Grammy Cheryl!!!  She sent me hand dyed scarves, a fabric flower with a chicken in the center and crocheted hot pads.  I love it all. Thank you Grammy Cheryl.

Merry Christmas everyone.

December 11, 2011
7:23 pm
Landodixy
DeWitt,VA
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 46
126sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finally was able to stop by the Post Office to pick up a package I'd ordered from Amazon and also found a package from my CITR Christmas Swap buddy, Laur. Laur sent me the CUTEST little handcrafted cake plate and the MOST DELICIOUS Almond Crescent cookies! I've just got to get the recipe for those! They hung around just long enough for me to take a picture of them on the cake plate. 

As I write this, my daughter just realized I overlooked a couple of items in the box…a card with the most beautiful handwritten note that brought tears to my eyes and the sweetest little acorn pincushions!  My daughter says they are way too cute to use as pincushions and wants us to hang them on the Christmas tree instead.  They really are absolutely adorable!  I took pictures and will try to figure out how to upload them tomorrow.

Thank you so much, Laurie!

December 11, 2011
11:54 pm
mamajoseph
Kenya
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 631
127sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oooo! I got my wonderful gift from mygirls01. Fragrant bath salts in 4 different scents, just what you need after some of these days working hard on the holiday stuff! PLUS, she had a tree planted in my name. How thoughtful is that?! Thanks so much for a lovely gift! This was so much fun and I'm so glad I got to participate.

I (sorta) have a farm in Africa.

December 13, 2011
10:12 pm
Birdi
Western Maine
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 328
128sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just got a wonderful and yummy package from Yankee in NC.  Thank you very much! I got four jars of jam… one says christmas jam…I will be having it for breakfast.  I can't wait to have a taste test.  Also got a beautiful hat and scarf.  The scarf is blue and oh so very very soft. Merry Christmas to you! I am also very pleased that you were happy with your aprons as well.  This has been so much fun. Thanks to Flatlander also for so graciously hosting this event! I took pictures and will try to get them up this weekend.

"simple pleasures make my heart smile"

December 14, 2011
12:41 am
Flatlander
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1643
129sp_Permalink sp_Print

I picked up my mail today..and there was a card, there was a package waiting for me.

Of course I couldn't wait until I was home, had to open it in the car.

The most beautiful and cute toque (that is Canadian for hat) knitted and the cutest little birdie on the top.

Also included 3 of the cutest knitted ornaments…I think I'm going to pin one on my coat, they are sooo cute..and smell delicious.

Thank you Morningstar, for you lovely gift and sweet card….Love you

Astrid.

Pictures will come tomorrow, my son is sleeping in our office on the mainfloor because he can't do stairs yet after his surgery.

December 14, 2011
9:54 pm
justdeborah2002
ottawa ON
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 377
130sp_Permalink sp_Print

christmas swap 2011Image Enlarger

I drove home from work, and a UPS truck was behind me.  I let him pull up to my building, and backed up to his driver's side window, and said, “That wouldn't happen to be for #106, would it?”  And sure enough, it was!  From Bonita!  

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I received a lovely kitchen set, with a “shmutas” (as I know handmade dishcloths to be), potholders and hotmat.  Also included are bourbon ball treats, a small jar of hot mango peach mustard and a lovely vindaloo spice blend I can't wait to tuck into. 

What a delightful way to end a long long day!

queen of make it fit

December 15, 2011
1:18 am
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 748
131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Deborah: so glad everything made it to you and in one piece. Did you catch the ornament on the outside of the package?

Actually, I'm glad the package made it there at all. I don't have a copy of the label, but UPS emailed me to say that they did not have a street address for the package. Somehow the Ontario UPS managed to get the street address from here and match it to the package there and still deliver it within one day of promised delivery. Boy, those are some hard-working Santa's elves.

I've an eye open for your package…my post office is notorious so I'm not yet worried.

Hope you have a delightful holiday.

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

December 15, 2011
7:19 am
justdeborah2002
ottawa ON
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 377
132sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bonita, I'm afraid the your ornament didn't make it to me, perhaps it was lost in what appears to be the repackaging of the box.  The box had been opened and closed a few times, but everything was safe and sound.  I just hope the ornament has found a home.

I hope your gift arrives safe and sound, cross border shipping can be tricky sometimes, specially with the heavier volume at the time of year.  I keep coming back here to see if it has arrived for you.  I must say, I am as excited for you to receive yours, as I was delighted to open mine!  What a joyous community we have here.

Thank you Astrid, for the work you put into this swap. It's brought such a pleasure to a sometimes stressful time leading up to the actual holidays.

queen of make it fit

December 15, 2011
9:10 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 70

Such excitment today as my Christmas swop gift from Astrid arrived, I could hardly open the lovely little box as my hands were all fumbly with excitment also I could hear a muffled doink doink sound, so was well intrigued as to what was hiding inside. First I found a lovely snow man card guarding every thing with a sweet message inside

Every thing was beautifully wrapped in snow man paper and the first thing I undid was a beautifully soft, felt snow angel with the most delightfully long jelly bag style hat and a tiny bell sewed on the end. Tucked underneath the angel I found a nice soft wash cloth in aqua blue knitted in a gentle basket weave pattern. Alongside that I found a hand painted cow bell and it was that which was making the muffled doink noise, I just love cow bells and it will take pride of place on my Christmas tree when I put it up this weekend.

I could not believe that there was another suprise package wrapped at the bottom of the box with a lovingly sewn apron  inside.  The snow man design is lovely and the soft brown material  used for the straps and pocket set it of a real treat. I am so thrilled with every thing thank you so much Astrid you so kind and caring.

I am glad you got my small gift and hope your son is fit and well again soon

December 15, 2011
9:17 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members

Image EnlargerI did post pictures but dont know where they went !!! I will have to try again later as I have to go to the dentists very soon

December 15, 2011
9:29 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members
135sp_Permalink sp_Print

wow one determined last try and I did it, just got to be brave at the dentist now !!!!!!!

December 17, 2011
12:41 am
redhot1n
South Jordan, UT
Hatchling
Members
Forum Posts: 2
136sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh what a lovely idea!  I can not wait until next year, I would love to participate in something like this.  I think I will start now :)

happy-feethappy-feethappy-feethappy-feethappy-feethappy-feethappy-feethappy-feethappy-feet

December 19, 2011
2:29 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 748
137sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hooray, my CITR Holiday swap arrived this morning! There's a special hand-made card, and a substantial baggie of apple-cinnamon-sugar spice to spice up my oatmeal. And. . . there is a simply wonderful diptych of the Northern Lights, painted in acrylics with beautiful surface texture showing the 'artists hand.' It will make a fine addition to the 2 dozen or so works of art it is my privilege to own. Thank you Deborah, this is a most welcome present.

(Pictures to come. . .)

Thanks, too, to Astrid for shepherding this swap from start to finish!

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

December 19, 2011
5:48 pm
Flatlander
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1643

Good to see all the packages arriving, If I’m right…6 more to come?

please let me know if your name is in this list but you did arrive a gift.

GrammyJam

Lizzi

Becky W

Cabynfevr.

KathiN

**Almost Heaven WV, received.

December 20, 2011
9:32 am
Almost Heaven, WV
Southern, WV
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 19
139sp_Permalink sp_Print

I recieved my gift from Kathi N.  Wonderful tea mix and a beautifyl beaded bookmark.  Sorry…I've been finishing up a semester of grad school, and with all the Christmas stuff……forgot to post.  Thanks for having this!  It was great fun!

Merry Christmas everyone.  God Bless!

December 20, 2011
11:18 am
lizzie
Grass Valley
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 566
140sp_Permalink sp_Print

Waiting for Santa to come!happy-feethappy-feethappy-feet

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
25 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Joelle: 2759

Leahld22: 2738

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 11927

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3495

Newest Members:

eduard-shir, KaterinaErunsenar, dkflbckfdErunsenar, FedorychErunsenar, ShurenaErunsenar, rachaeldeshote

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact