A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
HO HO HO 2013 Christmas swap
November 19, 2013
8:45 pm
Flatlander
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1643
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yes there will be one for sure….Thanks to Bonita who organized it last year, when I was swamped in work and coudn’t make the time…I sure can and will do it again, this year.

It is a little last notice….and but if you think, you can get a nice HOMEMADE gift together to be shipped out December 1st 2013 at the latest…PLEASE JOIN

I will update this first post everytime I have a name and address send to me in a PM

1. Flatlander (Astrid) package received.

2. Mim………………….package received.

3. Kathi N……………..package received.

4. Bonita………………package received.

5. Morningstar

6. Amerayl……………package received.

7. Cabynfevr.

8. Pete.

9. Lindat………………package received.

November 19, 2013
9:50 pm
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 127

I’m in!shimmyshimmyshimmy

November 19, 2013
11:24 pm
Flatlander
Moderators

Please send your full name and address in a pm please Amerayl

November 21, 2013
2:21 am
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 748

Sent N/A via PM. . . Welcome back, Astrid!

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

November 21, 2013
6:18 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 70

Thank you this is such fun, I have sent you my N/A via PM. xx

November 22, 2013
10:09 pm
Mim
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 55

Flatlander said
Yes there will be one for sure….Thanks to Bonita who organized it last year, when I was swamped in work and coudn’t make the time…I sure can and will do it again, this year.

It is a little last notice….and but if you think, you can get a nice HOMEMADE gift together to be shipped out December 1st 2013 at the latest…PLEASE JOIN

I will update this first post everytime I have a name and address send to me in a PM

1. Flatlander (Astrid)

2. Mim (please resend your address, I cleaned up my inbox and deleted your message accidentally)

Sent my address…did you receive it?pawprint

November 24, 2013
10:36 am
cabynfevr
Banty
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Just checking to be sure you received my address?

November 24, 2013
9:58 pm
Flatlander
Moderators

Hi all…yes got all the addresses and names THANK YOU. and for the kind words.

So far only 7, I know it was a little late to start…but it is to much fun to skip it.

Thanks for letting me know Dec 1 st is on a Sunday…so final shipping day will be Dec 2nd..one extra day ladies…still time to sign up ;-)

November 24, 2013
10:03 pm
Flatlander
Moderators

Also a question to all, Morningstar lives in the UK, what means that shipping might be a little more…same when shipping to me (Canada) now 2 years ago I sent to UK and Morningstar sent to me…(and she send lovely gifts) I wouldn’t mind receiving from her again…but that wouldn’t be fun for her if she keeps getting gifts from me…so one of the other girls is ending up with an address to the UK…if that is a problem for one you…please send me a pm. If I don’t receive anything I assume nobody has a problem with either UK or Canada and I mix up all the names.

If you bring your gift to postoffice and request over land and not air, it is much cheaper, only downside is it takes a little longer, but if shipped on time it still should be there before Christmas.

November 25, 2013
3:37 pm
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members

Sorry  I am being a pain living so far away I quite understand if no one wants to swop with me as postal is very expensive nowadays. I am more than happy to share with you again Astrid but dont want to hold you back from some one new. This is so much fun as I have participated for two years now, the excitement when that parcel comes with the mail man is so intense you can not wait to rip the parcel open and squeal with delight at the goodies inside. I so hope that a few more people decide to join in, it is such a shame to miss out. It is a good idea to request overland as opposed to air and the wait is well worth it in the end xxx

November 25, 2013
6:43 pm
Flatlander
Moderators

Dawn your not a pain silly, it was just a little heads up to the others..but I haven’t gotten any messages about this, so I assume it is all good.

November 26, 2013
10:53 am
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members

Ordinarily, I don’t usually mind about postage abroad, but as I am moving and I don’t know what the expense might be. You know how moving pops up unexpected expenses. It isn’t fair to Morningstar or Flatlander to only swap between themselves. I’m sorry but I only budgeted for US postage. I’m sorry to take my name out of swapping with either Morningstar or Flatlander at this swap. I feel so bad about that.

I look forward to this swap every year since I discovered it. I will plan better for next time. Especially if you would pm me with approximate shipping costs so I can keep in mind how much to save for next time. I would so love to send a gift abroad to either of you. I’m just sorry that I can’t do it this year.

November 27, 2013
12:44 am
Flatlander
Moderators

No worries Ameryl, to Canada is not that much, but not sure how or what…I make sure you send in US only. No point of taken your name out.

November 28, 2013
12:15 am
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members

Thanks! My goodness moving is such work. I’m looking forward to getting to send my gift out. I’m just so excited! I love swapping.

December 1, 2013
6:03 pm
cabynfevr
Banty
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Tomorrow is supposed to be shipping day but I never heard who my swap was…. did I miss something?

December 1, 2013
9:32 pm
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members

Yes, I’d like to know so I can pack up my printer. :)

December 1, 2013
11:23 pm
Flatlander
Moderators

No nobody missed anything…and I will get the addresses out tomorrow, or if I can’t sleep tonight ;-)

2 more joined..whohoooo and I was waiting for an address before I send out everybody’s to send to address.

Expect an address soon.

December 2, 2013
1:18 pm
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members

Alright, I have my gift all packed and ready for an address. I’ll be packing up my printer last anyhow since I don’t like how it travels in the moving van. LOL, no hurry or anything, I am just getting things organized. I’m loading a truck today. So I most likely will put the package in the mail tomorrow. I hope that is okay.

I’m just so excited! I love swapping.

shimmyshimmyshimmyMerry Chistmas! Happy Holidays! shimmyshimmyshimmy

December 3, 2013
4:15 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members

My swop is also ready all packed and raring to go. You have done well to make a swop gift Amerayl what with moving an all, I hope the move goes smoothly for you it is always a stressfull time. I will be out for most of the day as my Hubby has a precious day off so we do like to get out and do something while the weather is reasonable, so I will have to do the post office run tomorrow as well. Love to you all and a very happy Holiday season xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

December 4, 2013
7:17 am
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members

Thanks Morningstar, I do look forward to this swap and try to make things ahead of time, since I know that November and December are very busy, at least for me.

I’m sorry that I won’t be able to send out my package quite yet as I am leaving today to start my 3 day drive to my new home. hissy-fitBut rest assured, the gift will go out just as soon as I get there. Well just as soon as the Post Office opens anyway.

I hope everyone will have a very good week. Merry Christmas!happy-flower

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 377

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Joelle: 2776

Leahld22: 2738

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 23469

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3499

Newest Members:

Itkomider, Premiumckw, RonaldNug, yfltlfinsenda, Darelvek, Charleliaft

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact