A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
HO HO HO 2013 Christmas swap
December 29, 2013
6:57 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 748
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Belated thanks to Kathi N. Your package came Thursday or Friday. I’m battling the flu, so I’m not sure which day it really was. Even so, I did see that the package was filled to the brim with wonderful goodies: sugar cookies, two mini cranberry pumpkin breads (a favorite of mine), a hot spiced tea mix, and a cocoa mix. I’ll have to wait a day or two to try these, right now I have no sense of taste/everything tastes like metal.

Nestled in amongst the goodies I found an amazing beaded choker/bracelet–lots and lots of tiny seed beads. It must have taken quite a bit of time to put together. It’s beyond pretty. Thanks so much. As soon as I can find my camera, I’ll be taking and posting pictures. I better be quick about it, or there will be no cookies to left to photograph. Thanks again for all the treats, even though I may have to delay enjoying them fully, just getting them was a great lift in an otherwise totally unsatisfactory holiday. Hope you had a great Christmas and best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

December 29, 2013
11:33 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 748

Well, I know that at least one CITR swap chickie has not received her Ho Ho Ho package. I know because the package is here, at my elbow. It has been on a fruitless journey, making the smallest round trip imaginable. Here is it’s story.

Dec 16th my postal carrier picked up my Ho Ho Ho package and put it in the double bag wheelie carriers use to carry mail from house to house. I saw this happen. I checked that nite for a tracking number, but none was given. This went on for a few days. Then, when a tracking number was finally given, the tracking system said “no such number.” Oh dear, that was not a good sign. Suffice it to say that today, with tracking numbers, folks at the PO will not physically search for a package w/o such a number–that’s IF you can get anyone at the local PO to answer the phone. Let me say here that I know there are thousands of dedicated postal employees. However, Chicago’s PO has had a reputation for the worst PO in the system and my zip code is tied with one other for the absolute worst. 

When the temp postal carrier brought Kathi N’s package to me, I buttonholed him and pleaded that he take a look around for my package. Two days later, 4 packages were delivered to me: one for my downstairs neighbor; two correct street #, wrong street; one correct street, wrong street #. No sign of my outgoing Ho Ho Ho box. Then, yesterday, a carrier delivered to me the box I had turned over as outgoing mail! Yep–they ‘delivered to the from address. (this is not the first time either.)

So, I will be repacking and reshipping my Ho Ho Ho package in the next couple of days. I’m hoping that it will get to its destination by Little Christmas.* And, I’m  hopeful that my swapee will be understanding.

*Little Christmas is the sometime name for the “Epiphany” or “The Feast of the Three Kings.” It’s also known as “Twelfth Night” leaving you to speculate if the package contains twelve drummers drumming! Eastern Rite Catholics traditionally celebrate Christmas on this day, the day believed to be the day the Three Wise Men arrived with their gifts. I’ve often celebrated Little Christmas/12th Night. Currently, I live about half a mile from two Eastern Rite churches. Both will be offering solemn Christmas Mass on Jan 6th, and many of the local businesses will be closed that day for the holiday. 

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

December 30, 2013
10:08 am
Kathi N.
Lakewood, CO
Banty
Members
Forum Posts: 8

My belated thanks to Linda T for the awesome handsewn items. I did not open the package until Christmas; it was a wonderful gift.

Linda made a fun purse with ruffles and a fabric flower, embroidered table scarves depicting purple iris (which is just about my favorite flower ever), and hot pads made of blue-jean pockets and tablecloth material.

Thank you, Linda, for sharing your wonderful talent through these beautiful gifts to me. I was amazed, impressed, and very grateful that I was the one who received them.

Thank you, thank you. . .  Kathi

December 31, 2013
11:28 am
lindat
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 50

Kathi, I am so pleased you liked your gifts.  I hope you will enjoy them throughout the year!  Isn’t it fun to open a gift, and not have a clue what it could be, but being with this group-it might be homemade,  so fun!  Have a great New Year!!  Stay warm, over in Rocky Mt state!

January 9, 2014
11:20 pm
Flatlander
Moderators
Forum Posts: 1643

To bad nobody posted a picture..who is still waiting for a gift? or did everybody receive?

surprised

January 10, 2014
9:44 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 70

Hi and happy new year to you I havent received my parcel as yet and have been wondering if Nancy has received mine, I not well at the moment sp will write again soon xx

January 14, 2014
1:50 pm
Squeegees Mom
South Texas
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 458

Morningstar, I don’t have any news about your parcel, but just wanted to wish you well. Hope you are feeling better now. smile

January 16, 2014
12:59 pm
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members

thank you so much for your care and concern Squeegeesmom it is so kind of you. Just recovering from a really nasty flu bug and sickness and Diarrhea. Its left me really weak and tired. I am up, and about now and will soon be strong and well again xxxx Still havent recieved my parcel but am more concerned that Cabynfever didnt recieve hers from Me. All this nasty weather may have messed things up. Soon be spring yippeee

January 19, 2014
11:19 am
Flatlander
Moderators

Just went trough the names. is it correct that

Pete.

Cabinfvr

Morningstar

are still waiting for their package?

January 20, 2014
6:27 am
morningstar
Big Chicken
Members

Hi there I am not sure if Cabynfever has her package or not as nothing has been heard from her. Now from what I gather from the postal it should have arrived ok. I just hope she and her family is keeping well. I definatley havent had a parcel but not to worry these things do happen.

January 23, 2014
9:13 am
lindat
Big Chicken
Members

I would like to add a “footnote” to the Xmas Swap 2013, a huge Thank You!! to Flatlander for organizing the swap!  Thank you for taking the time to put this together, what a blessing you are!  

January 25, 2014
12:35 am
Flatlander
Moderators

Thank you Lindat, but i a a little worried about the 3 packages who still have to arrive, i know overseas can take some time…but not that long…hope we get some postings here that the last 3 got their present too.

January 27, 2014
10:44 am
lindat
Big Chicken
Members

:) Flatlander, the mail is a problem.  Our nephew s gift arrived in Houston on Dec 22, he was already gone for the week.  The package then went to Northern Houston, Dallas and last seen in Iowa. ????  Now why it did not stay in Houston is beyond us.  Always something….bomb

October 3, 2014
4:05 pm
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 127

I know I’m early, but I like to plan things well in advance and I was setting up my annual gift exchange so I thought I would ask if there were plans to do another swap for this year. So this is me asking, Any plans for a swap this year? I am even putting my name into the hat for the international this year.

This year was rather tough for us and I haven’t been haunting the forums like I used to. But things are looking up and I’m planning to have an awesome Holiday season this year.

Carolshimmyshimmyshimmyshimmyshimmyshimmy

October 4, 2014
8:16 am
Mim
Big Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 55

I was thinking about the gift exchange the other day when I was painting some wood ornaments…

I am also interested in the gift exchange this year.pawprint

October 28, 2014
1:12 am
Flatlander
Moderators

Although I really enjoyed in organizing this a few times, I have decided last year after again some participants didn’t receive a gift, and non but  few posted a picture, I won’t do it again.

If somebody want’s to take over, go ahead.

October 28, 2014
1:46 pm
Amerayl
Bisbee, AZ
Mighty Chicken
Members
Forum Posts: 127

Flatlander said
Although I really enjoyed in organizing this a few times, I have decided last year after again some participants didn’t receive a gift, and non but  few posted a picture, I won’t do it again.

If somebody want’s to take over, go ahead.

That is horrible! I didn’t know that some people didn’t get a gift. If I didn’t have too many pans in the fire I’d volunteer. I have my own gift exchange going on at my Facebook page, I have a craft show to do and I am in the middle of moving across the state. 

I just don’t understand why you would sign up for one of these things and not follow through knowing that the person you were supposed to gift will be left out of the fun. I know that things come up, but that is when you need to communicate. 

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 377

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Joelle: 2776

Leahld22: 2738

Ross: 2426

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 23469

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3499

Newest Members:

Itkomider, Premiumckw, RonaldNug, yfltlfinsenda, Darelvek, Charleliaft

Moderators: Pete: 8497, wvhomecanner: 3159, Flatlander: 1643

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn: 7368, emiline220: 16, CindyP: 7942, BuckeyeGirl: 4921

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact