1. Start out making your house smell delicious with some Apple Spice Simmering Potpourri.
2. Then get festive with Autumn Leaf Candles.
I used mini pastry cutters to make the leaves, then placed them in jars and poured in the candle wax. Another leaf was set on top, with a hole to go over the wick.
3. Gourd Candle Lights are also another easy craft to make festive nests for votive or tea light candles. You could also use those tiny pumpkins for this one.
4. Use your dried herbs from this year’s garden to make some cute little guest soaps for your guest bathroom.
This one was Milk and Basil.
5. Even if you can’t find corn at your farmers markets anymore, dried corn husks are usually available at craft stores. You can make a Corn Husk Wreath for the door.
6. Or create adorable Corn Husk Dolls to decorate your home or holiday table. (Envision a corn husk doll at each place setting, with a little name plate for each guest to show them where they are to be seated. So much fun!)
9. You could also use this Ruffled Crochet Dishcloth pattern in autumn colors to make hot pads for your pretty dishes on your table.
You can order Chickens in the Road: An Adventure in Ordinary Splendor now!