Who doesn’t love a great doughnut? These baked doughnuts come with a special sweet and salty twist with brown sugar and crispy bacon pieces. The added protein makes it a complete meal, right?
Baked doughnuts keep well. Store in an airtight container for several days. This recipe will make about 15 doughnuts, so there will be plenty to share or enjoy for days.
Brown Sugar Bacon Doughnuts
Bacon makes everything better! Makes 15 to 16 doughnuts.
Makes 8 servings
20 minutes |
- 8 ounces bacon, fried and broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
Two 6-well doughnut pans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fry bacon til crispy, drain on paper towels, and break into small pieces. Set aside.
- Combine butter, oil, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Cream. Add eggs and mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including the bacon pieces, and stir to combine. Don't over mix.
- Grease two doughnut pans with oil spray. Fill wells 2/3 full with batter. If using two 6-well doughnut pans, you will have leftover batter. Set aside to bake in a second round.
- Bake 12 minutes. Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
- For a cinnamon sugar coating, combine 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a ziploc bag. Shake doughnuts one at a time in the sugar cinnamon mixture to coat then return to rack.
All values are Per Serving.