Call it cowboy casserole or tater tot casserole, your family will just call it delicious. This is feel good church supper comfort food.
Be sure to drain the tomatoes, beans, and corn well or your casserole will be soupy. The tater tots are the best part so heap them on heavy! Everybody wants a lot of tater tots in their serving!
Adjust the seasoning and salt to your tastes. If you like it spicy, add ground cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes.
Classic tater tot casserole, with ground beef, beans, corn, tomatoes, cheese, and lots of tater tots, of course! Not just for cowboys. Kids, and the whole family, will love it! Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Makes 6 servings
30 minutes |
30 minutes |
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- 24 ounces tater tots, baked til lightly golden
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Dried parsley for garnish
13 x 9 casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook, drain, and crumble bacon. Cook and drain ground beef. Bake tater tots and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked ground beef, taco seasoning, drained tomatoes, corn, and beans, sour cream, mushroom soup, and salt. Mix well and scoop into a greased 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Top with cheese, tater tots, and bacon. Sprinkle with parsley over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
All values are Per Serving.