If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!
"It was a cold wintry day when I brought my children to live in rural West Virginia. The farmhouse was one hundred years old, there was already snow on the ground, and the heat was sparse-—as was the insulation. The floors weren’t even, either. My then-twelve-year-old son walked in the door and said, “You’ve brought us to this slanted little house to die." Keep reading our story....
- I'm also a fan of natural gardening. Might as well go with the flow anyway! I never can tell which are the weeds.
Love your big blue ladybug! Did you make it?... - brookdale on Natural Gardening
- Our goats have been escaping lately too. Maybe the planets are aligned funny?... - gardnerh on Here They Are Again
- Don't ya just love that phrase "hanky-panky". Wonder where it came from. I am assuming that is the Mister on the left, as you said Glory Bee was somewhat "more full-figured" ahem. I hope things work o... - emmachisett on Dating Update
- OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU.
(That was awesome. Ahem.)... - woadtoad on Dating Update
- Well, if YOU were being photo'd from a nearby porch. . . you might keep the hanky-panky on the down low, too.... - bonita on Dating Update
- Hello from my place to your's-
I can tell you that you have horseradish. (the broad leaf in last picture) Wear gloves to process the roots. My best to all of my friends.... - MMHoney on Natural Gardening
- I like natural gardening....it's the prettiest! :happyfeet:... - Leah on Natural Gardening
- The flower gardens are beautiful. Cottage gardens are more appealing to me than the rigidly designed type in my opinion. Natural gardening is a perfect term.... - mamawolf on Natural Gardening
- I am all for natural gardening!
One word of advice though, watch out for all the creeping buttercup (the yellow flowers) it is HIGHLY invasive and toxic to animals. We started with just one little bi... - Ag Adventure on Natural Gardening
- Beforethedawn is right.... they are totally taking advantage of the fact that you are distracted and sleep deprived lately. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile! Ha!... - wildcat on Here They Are Again
And she's ornery. Read my barnyard stories!
Entire Contents © Copyright 2004-2013 Chickens in the Road, Inc.
Text and photographs may not be published, broadcast, redistributed or aggregated without express permission. Thank you.