Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
What are you doing with your day?
March 13, 2012
12:49 am
dee58m
ohio
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 227

Linda, my thoughts and prayers will be with your son Jason, as well as with you and dh. I pray he will be able to get into a program through the VA, if not there somewhere soon for him to begin his journey towards being well. I know this weighs heavy on your hearts. Bless you.

" life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain"
March 13, 2012
9:16 am
Ross
Bel Air Maryland
Superstar
Forum Posts: 2425

Linda, I was discharged from the Air Force in 1963 and two years ago I applied for medical care at the VA and was approved. They are very concerned about the mental health of all veterians.

March 13, 2012
6:28 pm
VictorianGirl
Schenectady, NY
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 156

Linda I'm so sorry to hear of your son's problems.  I'll say a special prayer for all of you tonight. 

March 13, 2012
10:00 pm
bonita
north east IL
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 748

addictions of any kind are so very hard to bear. Lighting a candle for your son, and one for you and your dh, too. I know how hard it is to watch the spiral. Remember, there are groups for parents, siblings, children of alcoholics to help them deal with the person and the disease. 

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

March 13, 2012
11:58 pm
Miss Judy
West Central MO
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1484

Linda, praying for your son.hug

My family has had some alcohol problems…It's terrible to feel so helpless when your child is hurting himself.

March 14, 2012
8:51 am
Linda Goble
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 178

I want to thank you all for the prayers.  It means a lot to me.  I am hoping he will get in a program soon.  He is working on where he wants to go right now. I realize he has to be the one to fix his problem, I can be there to support him and that's all I can do.

Love to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 14, 2012
3:08 pm
Lajoda
Florida
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 162

VictorianGirl said
Such a sad and upsetting day and I'm still in tears.  This morning our cat Honey was put to sleep three months after having been diagnosed with a malignant mass in his colon.  It was a difficult decision to make but we wanted to do what was right for him.  Thank you to everyone who said a special prayer for him. 

VG,

I am sorry it worked out this way, I know you will miss him.

Laura

March 14, 2012
4:33 pm
Joell
Superstar
Forum Posts: 1944

VG, I am so sorry to hear about your Honey. I have never had children so my fur babies have been just that my babies. It is so difficult to say goodby to them, and they will always be remembered and loved, I feel a bit better to know that we have the right not to let them suffer.

Take care hug

Chocolate is a perfect substance in an imperfect world.
March 15, 2012
12:55 am
dee58m
ohio
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 227

Today was such a beautiful day to be outside. I got a jump start on weeding my flower beds, herb beds and such. I sat on the hood of one of my DH project cars reading my "Healthy Bread in Just 5 Minutes Cookbook" to him, as he worked on our blazer. There were so many awesome bread recipes I'll be trying soon. We were narrowing a few tasty ones down.

We ate dinner outside for the first time this spring near the pond. I thought I was seeing some of the big catfish swimming near shore from afar, only to discover we have schools of minnows, a rarity as the catfish usually don't let them survive.

I ended my evening making out my menus for this coming Saturdays', breakfast, lunch and dinner. I will be cooking for 40 youth and 20 adults for a youth retreat at a nearby organic farm. I have been volunteer cooking for retreats for about 17 years now. Great fun!!  yes

" life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain"
March 15, 2012
9:34 am
Joell
Superstar

We were hoping to hang our porch swing and get rid of the medal frame that is always in the way on the porch, but I dont think the weather is going to let us. Maybe this week end.

March 15, 2012
9:40 am
JerseyMom
New Gretna, NJ
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 67

Today there are no scrimmages (DDs play high school softball and lacrosse) and no rehearsals (all of us are involved in school and community theatre) so I'm going to groom, groom, groom my horses!!  They are shedding their winter coats and are like two big fuzzballs!  I've been spending 20 minutes a day with the shedding blade but that's not enough by a long shot.  So….after work I'll be scooping, of course knight and then it's on to the hair eradication.  You can think of me looking alot like a Yeti – but in chestnut and dun colors wink

March 15, 2012
10:22 am
mamajhk
South Central Kansas
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 662

Since we have completed the tiling of countertops and backsplash in the kitchen I am going to see if I can't get stuff put back in there so I don't have to organize a search party to locate stuff when I am trying fix a meal.  Also need to get the stove hood down and cleaned and finish cleaning the cabinet doors (fronts).  Yuck what a mess.  I think about takes of my day. 

March 15, 2012
12:05 pm
charchar
Ft Scott, KS
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 12

VictorianGirl said
Such a sad and upsetting day and I'm still in tears.  This morning our cat Honey was put to sleep three months after having been diagnosed with a malignant mass in his colon.  It was a difficult decision to make but we wanted to do what was right for him.  Thank you to everyone who said a special prayer for him. 

Oh, VictorianGirl, I am so sad for you.  I lost my kitty cat of almost 15 years right before I moved to Kansas.  We had to put him down because of his health, too.  It took me a year to be able to deal with and get over it, just woke up one morning sobbing for half an hour from a dream I had of him, and finally it all came out.  You really do get attached to your own pet, and even if you know it's the right thing to do, I think there is some guilt to ending their lives, even if it is to put them out of pain.  I loved my Milo, and I know that you loved Honey.  I am saying a prayer for you.  I hope your sadness eases away soon. hug

March 15, 2012
2:27 pm
mamajoseph
Kenya
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 626

Running a few errands in a bit. Just completed 30 minutes of Tae Bo; that required a shower afterwards! Have you ever done this crazy DVD? Billy Banks is a maniac, but in a good, encouraging way. happy-flowerLovely weather, I should get those petunias in the ground.

I (sorta) have a farm in Africa.
March 15, 2012
3:46 pm
mommaof3
New Jersey
Big Chicken
Forum Posts: 18

So far my day is going swimmingly well. Woke up on my on time( sleeping in with 3 kids is rare), took the kids to bowling with other homeschool families, then picked up my daughter's reading glasses, came home to find the crockpot baked ziti done, and now sitting back relaxing doing what I want instead of what I need to do

March 16, 2012
1:57 pm
tsmith
Arizona
Mighty Chicken
Forum Posts: 208

Yesterday, I went over to my parents house and attempted to pick a bunch of lemons off of their tree.  After being dive bombed by the bees, I gave up and only ended up with one bag full of lemons.  Although, some of the lemons are as large or larger than my hand.  So, today, put four trays of slice lemons in the dehydrator for use in water and tea.  I saved just enough to make a nice pitcher of lemonade to relax with this afternoon.  Maybe this weekend, when the weather turns cooler, I can go back and get the rest of the lemons and not have to worry about the bees.  The whole tree was just buzzing with them!

March 16, 2012
2:22 pm
Joell
Superstar

happy-flowerI am sitting on the porch because the ground is so saturated from all of the rain in the last couple of days, I am watching the grass grow and grow and grow…………………..

March 16, 2012
3:39 pm
Pete
WV
Forum Posts: 8497

Been puttering around in the yard.  It feels GREAT to be able to do that!

We've had about 10 days or so of high drama here, so yardwork is excellent for the spirit as well as the body.

So, a couple of days ago, I got into a little area that will become a sort of secret garden place.  Been threatening to do this for years, but there always seems to be a construction project, or some other reason, that it never gets started much less done. 

Got a few steps set that will make getting around the corner of the house easier.  The ground was perfect for moving around to get those steps in – hurray!  Then got a flower bed defined, with some edging pavers set.  Not finished, but well enough along to see that it will be used one day.  Soon!

Oh, there are places sore now that I never knew there were places!  But it's all good!  Today's efforts were on cleaning out a bed.  Not much better looking unless you know what it looked like before!

Anulos qui animum ostendunt omnes gestemus!
March 16, 2012
4:17 pm
rileysmom
Rural Montana
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 829

mamajoseph, you brought back memories with the Tae Bo…….hubby and I did it a few years back.  I thought we'd have the best abs…….from laughing at each other!  It's a toughie…..

It's sort of pretty today. Though at 65* and no sun, it was a bit chilly.  A little moisture would help with the red flag warning.

March 17, 2012
6:13 pm
lizzie
Grass Valley
Super Chicken
Forum Posts: 566

Been sucking up water for the last 24 hours non stop, with the heavy rain here in the foothills, our basement unit flooded, all rooms, carpeting had to be pulled up.  Maybe we could turn it into an in door swimming pool?nocry

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 183

Currently Online:
28 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Leahld22: 2734

Ross: 2425

Joell: 1944

MaryB: 1783

JeannieB: 1500

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 15

Members: 8772

Moderators: 3

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 14

Topics: 3541

Newest Members: edward jackson, eranerik, dalex, TxFarmGal, yabu25, yabu24

Moderators: Pete (8497), wvhomecanner (3159), Flatlander (1638)

Administrators: Suzanne McMinn (7368), emiline220 (15), CindyP (7942), BuckeyeGirl (4921)

Sections

1. The Farmhouse Blog
  2. The Chickens in the Road Forum
  3. Farm Bell Recipes

Latest Posts on the Farmhouse Blog:

Daily Farm

IMG_3446

If you would like to help support the overhead costs of this website, you may donate. Thank you!

Forum Buzz

Site Info

Privacy Policy, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Contact